First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was originally looking for a Civic EX-T, but finding one with a manual transmission was problematic so I went for the Si. Purchased a 2017 Si sedan in late July and have driven it about 800 miles so far.

For me, the Si possesses a delightful dual character. It gets great gas mileage when I am slogging 25 miles to work through DC traffic, but it is also great fun to drive on back roads and weekend outings. Looking forward to some disc (“Frisbee”) golf road trips with the Si.

The Si evokes memories of my 1989 Integra hatchback, with its tight suspension and short-throw shifter. The Si easily beats my old Integra, though, for acceleration and fuel efficiency. The pop-up headlights on the Integra were fun, though.

The Si replaces a 2001 manual Accord with 225,000+ miles. I liked the Accord, but it always felt big and heavy so it is nice to be driving a compact again.

No plans to modify the Si for a while, other than putting a dog hammock in the back seat. For now I am enjoying the lack of dog hair and nose prints on the windows.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Si sedan in Aegean blue p2465210365-4
Honda Civic 10th gen New Si sedan in Aegean blue p2465210366-4

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
I was originally looking for a Civic EX-T, but finding one with a manual transmission was problematic so I went for the Si. Purchased a 2017 Si sedan in late July and have driven it about 800 miles so far.

For me, the Si possesses a delightful dual character. It gets great gas mileage when I am slogging 25 miles to work through DC traffic, but it is also great fun to drive on back roads and weekend outings. Looking forward to some disc (“Frisbee”) golf road trips with the Si.

The Si evokes memories of my 1989 Integra hatchback, with its tight suspension and short-throw shifter. The Si easily beats my old Integra, though, for acceleration and fuel efficiency. The pop-up headlights on the Integra were fun, though.

The Si replaces a 2001 manual Accord with 225,000+ miles. I liked the Accord, but it always felt big and heavy so it is nice to be driving a compact again.

No plans to modify the Si for a while, other than putting a dog hammock in the back seat. For now I am enjoying the lack of dog hair and nose prints on the windows.

p2465210365-4.jpg
p2465210366-4.jpg
Congratulations on the new SI:thumbsup: Can't go wrong with ABM

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I don't have the sedan, but instead the coupe. Really enjoy the color and the car. I only have a 19 mile drive to work, but it is mostly country/highway roads. Reminds me of my 98 Neon Coupe. Sporty, fun, and fuel efficient. Biggest difference is that me being 6'3", I actually fit hell of a lot better in the Civic.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
:thumbsup:

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good! Love that color!

OP
OP
Monocacy

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to think that "road salt gray" would be the perfect color for a car, but so many other people have the same idea that parking lots are often a sea of gray cars. I do like the blue, and it is definitely easier to find where I parked. Thanks for all the kind words!

OP
OP
Monocacy

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I see lots of discussion about how the Si lacks power, the 1.5L turbo is too small, etc. I chose the Si more for handling than for straight-line acceleration, but it occurs to me that my gas pedal has never touched the floor. Hmm, curiosity and opportunity coincide.

With the engine fully warmed up and the Si in sport mode, I turn onto a long, straight uphill stretch of highway leading to the interstate. No traffic around so I hit the gas in 2nd gear. Wheels chirp, I fight off a little torque steer, and quickly glance down – whoa, I’m at 5,500 rpm already. Shift to 3rd and the car quickly reaches interstate merging speed.

By my standards, acceleration was very impressive. Quite frankly, acceleration was more than I need, given that I do not race the car and prefer to avoid speeding tickets. Not that I’m complaining, that was good, probably legal fun.

And, um, I still haven’t floored it yet. :rolleyes:

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome from a fellow ABM sedan owner :)

OP
OP
Monocacy

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations! I must say you have excellent taste in color . . . ;)

FoKouDa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Honda Civic EX, 2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Sweet Aegean Blue Sedan! Just picked up mine yesterday. Longtime Honda driver and just signed up for this board!

2017-08-28 17.47.28 HDR.jpg
It looks like you got yours from the same dealer I got mine from a couple months ago. Also the same color and body style too :thumbsup:. Still have yet to see another 10th gen Si in the area so maybe I'll see you around :).
Sponsored