Zachamachi

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
New here, and new to the Honda world. Purchased 2 weeks ago and just passed 700 miles of mild break in with a couple spirited bursts of speed. Car has been great so far with both slow and fast driving. Before this I owned a '07 cts v that made 421rwhp on the dyno with cam, headers and full exhaust. So I'm not exactly new to having a decently quick car. I still own a 2012 Silverado and the 40mpg I'm getting in the civic totally beats the 15.6mpg in the truck.

Ok onto the couple odd things I've noticed or might change.
Rev hang: don't really notice much at low rpm but in the higher range it's pretty annoying and makes it harder for a smooth engagement. Thinking about ktuner to eventually turn off rev hang
Equalizer audio settings: could not find any posts about the si specifically, but the menu button does nothing to show the settings unlike other posts I've seen about non si civics that show that working.

Long post but I wanted to do one instead of breaking it up into multiple. Thanks for the help already as I've been reading other posts before I joined.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Si, love the car but a couple of odd things 20180902_165540
Sponsored

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
You will be much happier with a tune if not just for the driveability adjusting.

I would suggest not eliminating the throttle overrun altogether but reducing it. Just info for you later on if you do end up getting a tune.

OP
OP
Zachamachi

Zachamachi

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
You will be much happier with a tune if not just for the driveability adjusting.

I would suggest not eliminating the throttle overrun altogether but reducing it. Just info for you later on if you do end up getting a tune.
Thanks, I'll have to look into that before I purchase one. Lots of learning to do for tuning

omararod

First Name
omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 si coupe
Country flag
I've noticed the menu button thing as well. On Carplay it works but only on Android Auto does it not work oddly enough

Last edited:

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
Change your audio source to sxm or fm. Then you will be able to adjust bass, mid, treble, and sub. The settings will stay when you change source back to AA.

OP
OP
Zachamachi

Zachamachi

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
Change your audio source to sxm or fm. Then you will be able to adjust bass, mid, treble, and sub. The settings will stay when you change source back to AA.
Actually just today I was able to get to the settings after trying apple car play and the menu even worked with other sources. My phone is android so I had to borrow an iPhone. Yesterday nothing would get me to the audio menu, FM and sxm included. Maybe a weird glitch but who knows. I followed the book and was pretty surprised it didn't work yesterday, no button beep after touching or changing of the screen.
Thanks for the help either way.

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
It was a little confusing for me also, but figured it out after playing around with it for a bit.

Angus

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
It was a little confusing for me also, but figured it out after playing around with it for a bit.
I just picked up my '18 SI sedan this past Friday. I had a devil of a time finding the EQ alos and when I finally did was very underwhelmed. Since most all I listen is streamed MP3's from Android Auto I downloaded an MP3 player app called JetAudio. I popped the $4.00 for the full version and once inside another $4.00 for theAM3D enhancer. Best $8.00 I've ever spent. Really expansive EQ with a great volume and bass boost. I highly reccomend it.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I just picked up my '18 SI sedan this past Friday. I had a devil of a time finding the EQ alos and when I finally did was very underwhelmed. Since most all I listen is streamed MP3's from Android Auto I downloaded an MP3 player app called JetAudio. I popped the $4.00 for the full version and once inside another $4.00 for theAM3D enhancer. Best $8.00 I've ever spent. Really expansive EQ with a great volume and bass boost. I highly reccomend it.
How can you still listen MP3s? you need to switch to a lossless format.

Angus

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
How can you still listen MP3s? you need to switch to a lossless format.
Not exactly sure what you mean, I guess.
I open Android Auto, open audio and select JetAudio as opposed to Play Music, Spotify, etc... and play my tracks from there.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
ZACH.........Congrats on the new ride!!!

Careful you don't go too crazy with a tune, the Civic clutches are soft and WILL slip and you'll have to upgrade the clutch....you might be doing this anyway, just wanted you to be aware.
Sponsored