Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hey all, just got a letter last Friday about this on my car. Honda will be replacing the fuel tank pump as the seals MAY swell and stop the impeller while driving, causing the vehicle to stall and not re-start. Vehicles this applies to should be getting a letter from Honda but thought I shold put this here.

My car is a 2019 Hatch sport, Canadian model.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
My friend who has a ‘18 sport hatch got the letter about that. He was asking me if mine was also affected, I told him luckily not.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I still haven't gotten any letters regarding the fuel pump issues. 2018 sport touring hatch.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Its amazing how you guys get recalls for all sorts of things, over here in Europe we get sod all which is pretty crap considering the hatches you have are ,made in the same factory as ours.....Swindon. Looks like we are not worthy of such customer service from Honda in Europe....again! ? Makes you why we by anything from them ?

Chaucer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I had to have the tank pump replaced on my 2020 Si too. The night I drove it home from the dealer I got a check engine light, it went away on its own but when I brought it in the next day they said the tank pump needed to be replaced. They didn’t say exactly what was wrong with it, but they did say that it could cut out on me randomly, so I got to wait a week for my brand new car to be fixed. They must’ve had enough others that failed for them to investigate.
Sponsored