Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Let us know your thoughts! I’ve had the perrin rmm insert on my si rmm for a few months now and honestly the nvh is more than I expected.
Looking to replace it with something else soon!

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I've put over a thousand miles on it this week after I drove out of state. There's so much less NVH than my last mount at idle with the AC on. The old mount shook the car crazy violently with AC on at idle, this one is so smooth. Makes me want to pop the race bushing in and see how much that stiffens it up. Maybe I'll get crazy and try one soft and one stiff one.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
So I've put over a thousand miles on it this week after I drove out of state. There's so much less NVH than my last mount at idle with the AC on. The old mount shook the car crazy violently with AC on at idle, this one is so smooth. Makes me want to pop the race bushing in and see how much that stiffens it up. Maybe I'll get crazy and try one soft and one stiff one.
That’s great to hear!
How’s it hold up while cold start?
I been dealing with the dash rattle with the perrin insert during cold start, stop & go, and during low speeds.
Makes me regret not picking one up during their Mdw sale, hopefully they’ll have a 4th of July one!

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Would the Wunderladen 70a (street) be more comparable to the Hasport 62a (street) or 70a (race)?

Thinking of doing this mod over the winter. Want to get rid of wheel hop.

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Would the Wunderladen 70a (street) be more comparable to the Hasport 62a (street) or 70a (race)?

Thinking of doing this mod over the winter. Want to get rid of wheel hop.
I can't give a definite answer but Billy over at Function Theory did a write up comparing our race mount to the 62A Hasport and found it to be his preferred choice but he was looking for something stiffer.

https://functiontheory.com/2023/07/fk8-rmm-shootout/

I would wager that our street version is somewhere between Hasport's 62A and 70A. I put a large focus on getting as much bushing in the small end without making it difficult to install the mount so that it would help the bushings live a longer life as well as do a bit better of a job to quell some NVH. If you main goal is controlling wheel hop but NVH is a large consideration I would definitely recommend our street mount.

There is always going to be a give and take with performance vs NVH on engine mounts. We don't advertise a specific durometer for our mounts because across both versions we are using 4 different durometers (both small and large end bushings are different stiffnesses) which we've found works better for keeping NVH in check even with moderately stiff bushings.

I can say for certain we don't use bushes with a durometer as low as 60A because we found that performance suffered a fair amount and NVH wasn't much lower than what we use in the street version.
Sponsored