Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Hey folks, we're happy to finally announce the upcoming release of our rear motor mount after multiple months and a few thousand miles of testing! We're kicking things off with a presale, basically meaning buy now at a cheaper price with the caveat that it won't ship until late March. The presale price is $140, regular retail will be $180 after the presale ends.

Feel free to post up if you have any questions!

Here's the link to the presale: https://www.wunderladenracing.com/c...vic-x-rear-motor-mount?variant=42448962486465
Sponsored

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Austin@Wunderladen Racing how would you characterize the design goals of the street mount w.r.t. NVH? I realize this is all very subjective, but I assume A/C is usable at idle without much drama?

Were both variants part of your testing? Which variant have you been running on the daily/development car?

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
@Austin@Wunderladen Racing how would you characterize the design goals of the street mount w.r.t. NVH? I realize this is all very subjective, but I assume A/C is usable at idle without much drama?

Were both variants part of your testing? Which variant have you been running on the daily/development car?
In terms of design for NVH we chose to utilize a bushing at both ends of the mount, like factory and most other mounts do. This gives us the ability to use multiple durometers in the mount which helps give a larger band of noise reduction vs using one bushing or two bushings of the same durometer. With that said, it's still considerably stiffer than a stock mount and there will absolutely be a gain in NVH.

We have been testing both stiffness variants. I have only had the race stiffness in our development car for the past 3 months and NVH seemed pretty similar to the aftermarket mount that was in the car previously. Our development car isn't a great benchmark though as it also has aftermarket side mounts and a very noisy twin disc clutch.

We have proto mounts on other cars utilizing the street bushings though and feedback has been as expected, slight NVH increase but nothing intolerable.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want to see a RMM shootout now that we have over 20 options.
OEM plastic
OEM metal
OEM type R
3m window weld
Perrin insert
Whiteline insert
Boomba
Hasport 62a
Hasport 70a
Hasport 82a
27won
27won race
Hardrace
Hardrace hard
PRL
PLM
Megan
Cusco
Torque Solution
Wunderladen street
Wunderladen race
Unbranded ebay options

dxdean3ux

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

I have one of the prototype mounts with street bushings in my CVT fk7, while I haven’t tested the NVH while having the AC on at idle, mainly because I’m in Canada and it’s cold as hell right now lol. But overall it’s not bad at all, if you are planning on upgrading your RMM it’ll be nothing you won’t be expecting from something stiffer than OEM. In saying that, the mount is of top notch quality, the bushings can be easily changed if you feel you need stiffer or softer, the machine work is spot on and customer service from Wunderladen is exceptional. You will not be disappointed if you choose to go with their mount.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Another weekend bump! I recently switched from our race to street bushings to compare NVH and was pleased to find a decent reduction in NVH. Popping the old bushings out and swapping in the new ones takes all of 2 minutes once the mount is out of the car!