Quantum

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Hatchback, 2019 Fit EX
Country flag
Just spent 2 days talking to the company that makes this radio. Back and forth with Engineers , and lots of pictures back and forth. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001029326023.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1ad74c4dlD5dy3

Will update once i get it installed and running. There was a few things that had to change in radio to make it work, We shall see. Also said, I can get a refund if it dont work. So ill be the guinea pig .
Honda Civic 10th gen New radio ordered for my 2020 hatchback sport Screenshot_20200511-140805
Sponsored

Last edited:

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting...all that and still no volume knob...
but please keep us posted....

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
What kinds of questions did you ask them? Will it work with the dashboard showing music and turn by turn directions?

OP
OP
Quantum

Quantum

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What kinds of questions did you ask them? Will it work with the dashboard showing music and turn by turn directions?
I asked them EVERYTHING, from controls to camera, To voice. I don't like turn on main dash so, I did not ask them about that. Radio is 4g ready, And i have a sim card to put in it so i don't need to tether a phone to have internet on it.

carl4

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I asked them EVERYTHING, from controls to camera, To voice. I don't like turn on main dash so, I did not ask them about that. Radio is 4g ready, And i have a sim card to put in it so i don't need to tether a phone to have internet on it.
Re: SIM - very nice. If this works for you it's going to be 1st on my list to do. Will the Bluetooth pair to things besides phones? ie OBDII, aftermarket TPMS?

How much extra space does it eat up below the existing space? I created an extra shelf in there to store the phone/other stuff. Would I lose that?

OP
OP
Quantum

Quantum

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Re: SIM - very nice. If this works for you it's going to be 1st on my list to do. Will the Bluetooth pair to things besides phones? ie OBDII, aftermarket TPMS?

How much extra space does it eat up below the existing space? I created an extra shelf in there to store the phone/other stuff. Would I lose that?
When I get it ill update install and after pics and such

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
I'd do it if I wasn't worried about breaking the instrument cluster display. The text messages, navigation, music, etc is all driven by the radio. Speaking of which I got my unit into a bootloop today trying to load the remote display apks from a newer version onto an older version. Ordered a 2019 unit. Going to see if its works in my 2016.

rplush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I've had a daisata unit installed in my ride once. I didn't like the sound output they were providing. Wether it be Hi or Lo level, it just sounded like crap; Even when corrected with a hardware DSP. I decided to rip it back out and returned the unit

OP
OP
Quantum

Quantum

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Customs has been sitting on the package in NY, For over 15 days now. No clue why :-(

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
This looks interesting. I wonder if this supports the ktuner Bluetooth and the heated seats function.
Sponsored