Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
We just released a new SiriMoto Throttle Body Spacer for all 10th Gen 2016+ Civic Turbo models! A throttle body spacer is one of the simplest and least expensive power add-ons you can make. This particular application features a unique "dip" design on one side, to accommodate the unique shape of the 1.5T factory intake manifold. The dip cannot be seen from the picture, but it is there.

Available in Red and Silver, this throttle body spacer kit includes installation hardware as well as a special thermal gasket. For the 2016+ 10th Gen Civic, the thermal part of the gasket is not too important, since the stock intake manifold is made of plastic, which does not conduct heat well (although this gasket conducts heat even less).

For anyone interested in this, please PM me, since we do have a special promotion going on for the introduction of this product!

Link for more product info and to purchase: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/s...dy-spacer.html

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Throttle Body Spacer for 1.5T Civics 41593_1060___SM-HC16-L15-TBS-RD

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Throttle Body Spacer for 1.5T Civics 41594_1060___SM-HC16-L15-TBS-SL

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
cool...any link how to install on the hatchback?

zrwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport,2016 CRV SE, 2014 Mustang, 2011 Mustang, 2010 Civic LX-
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I assume no tune needed, any dyno results?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
And Just like that, No units were sold xD

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
And Just like that, No units were sold xD
Eh, they'll get sold. Been saying this for years and still get tons of mod lists that list "throttle body spacer". I'm like... ugh, I don't care, useless part, what exactly am I "tuning" for it?

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Throttle Body Spacer for 1.5T Civics guntohead

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I assume no tune needed, any dyno results?
No tune needed. On a completely stock car, this spacer produced a 3-4 whp gain in our tests, after eliminating all other variables (this 10th gen Civic is not easy to dyno consistently). A higher boost and power levels, we expect this would go up to around 5-6 whp, but I don't have test results for that scenario.

Last edited:

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Most aftermarket parts are snake oil. The ones that do work are well tested and proven, so it's easy to tell if it's worth buying.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is one of the sets of runs we did. This was the typical power difference we saw. Again, we made sure Knock Control, Timing, Air Temps, etc. were all kept very consistent in between runs. This is a must on the new turbo Civics.

I circled the WCF (With Correction Factor) values since those are normally the best ones for comparison's site, but in this case we're comparing one dyno run on to a nearly identical one on the same dyno only about an hour later, so comparing either WCF or non-WCF value sets is fine. A couple other things to note: this Mustang Dyno reads higher than you would expect for this type of dyno and the dyno operator could not provide me with a digital version of these files so I can't do an overlay showing where the power is gain throughout the RPM range. It is not a large hp gain so the overlay would not look that impressive anyway.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Throttle Body Spacer for 1.5T Civics 10th_gen_tbs_dynos

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
That's within Margin of change, so hardly proves anything.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That is why we did more than 1 run. If the average of the power difference from all the runs was hovering around zero, then yes that would basically prove no power gain.
do you think, in higher boost applications like a stage 2 tune, would you see a higher gain?

feel free to ship me a free one if you're looking to find out xD

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
do you think, in higher boost applications like a stage 2 tune, would you see a higher gain?

feel free to ship me a free one if you're looking to find out xD
My guess is yes, but we did not test that.
Sponsored