John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX, 2022 Honda Navi
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Very excited about these developments. Was just getting prepared for a brake refresh before Woodward Dream Cruise.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
just ordered a set to install with a new set of pads and rotors in a few weeks!

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Had the opportunity to do a rear pad change and inspect my rear bushings about one track day and about 3k street miles after install. Real happy with everything. Dust cover caps were still in place and felt like new. Slide pins came out very easily, were still nicely lubricated, and not too dirty.

Pad wear was even as expected. Got down to the squeelers but still had an even layer of pad material all the way across the face of all four pads. And this set of pads even had one track day and some street driving before the brass bushings, so that's pretty impressive!

Great product 👍

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings PXL_20220905_024516373

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Labor Day sale?! I'm doing an Si rear conversion and am thinking I'll add these... As an aside, I wish someone sold rear braided lines seperatley.... I have a BBK up front already

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Had the opportunity to do a rear pad change and inspect my rear bushings about one track day and about 3k street miles after install. Real happy with everything. Dust cover caps were still in place and felt like new. Slide pins came out very easily, were still nicely lubricated, and not too dirty.

Pad wear was even as expected. Got down to the squeelers but still had an even layer of pad material all the way across the face of all four pads. And this set of pads even had one track day and some street driving before the brass bushings, so that's pretty impressive!

Great product 👍

PXL_20220905_024516373.jpg
This is what we love to see!

Labor Day sale?! I'm doing an Si rear conversion and am thinking I'll add these... As an aside, I wish someone sold rear braided lines seperatley.... I have a BBK up front already
They will definitely be on sale before the end of the year, day job schedule has been a bit hectic lately but we've got more great products coming!

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Austin, should there be free play in the bushing like this? 19 Si.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings 16629239652578973622577230388423

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings 1662923985797439786143543055950

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings 1662923999557244346862168145285

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Austin, should there be free play in the bushing like this? 19 Si.
Yes, that is by design. The ends of the bore on the caliper aren't held to any tolerance with not being a machined surface so we set the snap ring back further like that to account for bore depth variations and potential casting flash. The bushing being able to slide a bit inside the caliper is not an issue and won't cause any issues. As long as the snap ring is seated properly you'll be good to go!

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yes, that is by design. The ends of the bore on the caliper aren't held to any tolerance with not being a machined surface so we set the snap ring back further like that to account for bore depth variations and potential casting flash. The bushing being able to slide a bit inside the caliper is not an issue and won't cause any issues. As long as the snap ring is seated properly you'll be good to go!
I figured as much, just thought I would ask. Thanks!!

OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Our development car ran out of pads midway through our last event this past weekend but I was pleased to see that they didn't show any tapered wear :)

I'd like to disclose that this is almost purely track driving and maybe 1-2,000 street miles. The pads haven't worn at the same rate (inner to outer) because rotors don't heat up on both faces evenly, but the wear doesn't show taper in either direction, which shows that our bushings are doing their job properly as it was quite the opposite story when I removed the pads with the factory rubber bushings.

Here's what I pulled from the car this past weekend on both rear sides:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings pad 2

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings pad 1

Last edited:

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our development car ran out of pads midway through our last event this past weekend but I was pleased to see that they didn't show any tapered wear :)

I'd like to disclose that this is almost purely track driving and maybe 1-2,000 street miles. The pads haven't worn at the same rate (inner to outer) because rotors don't heat up on both faces evenly, but the wear doesn't show taper in either direction, which shows that our bronze bushings are doing their job properly as it was quite the opposite story when I removed the pads with the factory rubber bushings.

pad 2.jpg

pad 1.jpg
Well, Im sold. I'll be picking up a set here soon.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

I'd like to disclose that this is almost purely track driving and maybe 1-2,000 street miles. The pads haven't worn at the same rate (inner to outer) because rotors don't heat up on both faces evenly, but the wear doesn't show taper in either direction, which shows that our bronze bushings are doing their job properly as it was quite the opposite story when I removed the pads with the factory rubber bushings.

pad 2.jpg

pad 1.jpg
Good to see!

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Installed these over the weekend as part of a mini brake upgrade package to the Si. Total install time would have been 30 mins or less if I didn't spend another at least 30 mins struggling with the parking brake sensor harness connector. I ended up breaking the detent??? on both sides and decided to proceed forward without disconnecting. Luckily there is still enough slack in the caliper to pull it up out of the way of the caliper bracket to swap the parts (photo below to show how much room you need). Since my car is a Cali one I had no issues pushing the bronze bushings into the caliper by hand. Also don't forget the spring clip like Austin mentions. I had finished up one side and put the wheel back on only to notice the clip was still on the ground mixed in with all my tools.

Overall I am extremely pleased by this purchase and the peace of mind it will bring me with whichever rear pads I may run during the life of the vehicle. Looking to get more Wunderladen Racing parts now and excited to see what else they have in store for us.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings 2DE06C3A-BEF5-41AF-A44A-6C3C282E90C8

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Thanks for your support Joel! We love seeing reviews from customers and we're excited to be bringing more Civic parts to the market :)

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Just installed these earlier this week after sitting on them for several months. The only hard part for me was figuring out how to unplug the parking brake sensor plug. Did a search on YT for rear brake job on 10th gens and one perfectly showed how to do it. Essentially need to push in on the plug while using a flathead screwdriver or similar tool to push on the release tab. It will release very easily and should not require much force.

Skip to 7:30

My snap ring pliers also didnt work because the prongs were too big for the holes of the snap rings. So ended up using two curved picks to pull the rings apart and slide it onto the bushing. It did the job with relative ease. After having driven a few times I can say that i feel a little more firmness in the pedal feel but nothing dramatic. The bushings combined with SS lines and the poly bushings in the front control arms has shored up the pedal feel for me nicely over stock. I would recommend this low cost mod and the video made it very easy to install.
Sponsored