Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So Europe's 10th gen already has rear bushing alike metal one?
No i didn't said that.Europe has the same rubber bushings in the rear and in the front.
Sponsored

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Just got mine pretty excited!

Seems like a solid idea having owned a 2017 R for 3 years and now my 2021 for a litter over a year and tracking them a lot I've done the rear brakes once or twice :p

Mine always wear unevenly as well. Going to install your bushings with some new rear pads and see what happens

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings IMG_8899

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took awhile but found the photos. Biggest issue I had was inconsistent wear. One side was almost on the metal and one side had lots of life left. Both rears were like this.

IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1379.JPG
I'm sure the track days make it this bad. I recently changed my brake pads and they only had 1mm of difference left and right and from side to side on the brake pad.But I only daily drive my car with occasionally hard drives in between.
These bushings will help to keep them more consistent.I actually wonder if the plastic/rubber oem bushings need replacing every so years ?

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder. The rear brakes really don’t see a lot of heat or stress that should rip them to necessitate replacing but who knows.

If anything needs a rebuild after hard use it’s the front calipers turning brown and melting/ cracking piston bushings. This is after 2 track days on my 2021 on “easy” braking tracks 🤨

go to laguna and they’ll be solid maroon/ yellow Brembo logo after 1 day.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Product: Rear Brake Caliper Bushings E67C823D-066E-44F3-A2C9-8B8F799C8264

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder. The rear brakes really don’t see a lot of heat or stress that should rip them to necessitate replacing but who knows.

If anything needs a rebuild after hard use it’s the front calipers turning brown and melting/ cracking piston bushings. This is after 2 track days on my 2021 on “easy” braking tracks 🤨

go to laguna and they’ll be solid maroon/ yellow Brembo logo after 1 day.

E67C823D-066E-44F3-A2C9-8B8F799C8264.jpeg
Well in Europe the 10thgen civics (except type r) uses the same bushings on the front calipers as well.And my front brake pads were also not that bad .But I'm sure if I did some track days it would be much worse.
I'm going to do a brake swap on the front anyway so I won't bother putting in the brass bushings on the front.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can’t really compare LX or EX to the Type R I’d say. Such different cars

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
Pardon the ignorance but is there going to be anything for the front brakes? I'm doing a massive brake overhaul and this is very interesting

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Pardon the ignorance but is there going to be anything for the front brakes? I'm doing a massive brake overhaul and this is very interesting
If you’re serious about it get a mono block caliper. Lots of kits out there but the sliding caliper of the regular civic/ SI will never compare.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you’re serious about it get a mono block caliper. Lots of kits out there but the sliding caliper of the regular civic/ SI will never compare.
got a link? I have 6 pot willwoods already

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just looked briefly. Spoon has one for FC1/FK7......for $3.2k. I'm all set.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Spoon is probably the most expensive but if you have to have the name it’ll do

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I'm sure the track days make it this bad. I recently changed my brake pads and they only had 1mm of difference left and right and from side to side on the brake pad.But I only daily drive my car with occasionally hard drives in between.
These bushings will help to keep them more consistent.I actually wonder if the plastic/rubber oem bushings need replacing every so years ?
Track days certainly exacerbate the issue. Street driving won't have nearly as uneven wear. As to the lifespan of the OE rubber bushes, I'd say it'll heavily depend on the climate you live in. I'd wager they won't last as long in dry climates where the rubber is prone to drying and cracking.

The front calipers on the USDM non Type R cars do not use bushings. The slid pins are housed in steel so they don't deflect like the rears do. We are working on a front big brake kit as well with a nice 4 piston caliper, just waiting on the calipers to arrive.

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
You can't just leave us hanging on this nugget.... :p
I've posted some details about it in our development car thread. Should hopefully have our proto kits ready for test by the end of the month :)
Sponsored