New Phearable 1.5T Non-Si Race Tune

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
How has everyone’s 1.5R tune treated them? I absolutely love the tune and like to drive spiritedly from time to time. Did a 0-100 pull today and saw 24 psi in map 3. Crazy thing was the cvt didn’t even need the full rev range as S mode keeps it in the power band the whole time. Going to try using paddle shifters more so I can feel like an F1 driver lmao.
Sponsored

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How has everyone’s 1.5R tune treated them? I absolutely love the tune and like to drive spiritedly from time to time. Did a 0-100 pull today and saw 24 psi in map 3. Crazy thing was the cvt didn’t even need the full rev range as S mode keeps it in the power band the whole time. Going to try using paddle shifters more so I can feel like an F1 driver lmao.
So far so good for me, been running the 1.5R tune on my FK7 CVT now for over 10,000 miles now (at least) and love it. I still get great MPG when I want to, I can play around with V8 sport cars and stuff as well when I want to. After doing my exhaust I get little pops sometimes when I let off the throttle or play around with it, then combine that with my intake and I've fallen in love with this car even more.

mforcino

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
So far so good for me, been running the 1.5R tune on my FK7 CVT now for over 10,000 miles now (at least) and love it. I still get great MPG when I want to, I can play around with V8 sport cars and stuff as well when I want to. After doing my exhaust I get little pops sometimes when I let off the throttle or play around with it, then combine that with my intake and I've fallen in love with this car even more.
How’d you get the pops for the fk7 exhaust?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How’d you get the pops for the fk7 exhaust?
Not sure as I don't have the GOD tune. I'm stock downpipe with 2" pipe all the way to 3" tips, no resonator or muffler atm. I can kind of control it with throttle play but it is inconsistent.

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic sport hatchback cvt
Country flag
You guys think il still be safe going full bolt on stock turbo then getting the race tune or am i gonna end up having too much for the cvt transmission to handle?

DadBodReppin

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys think il still be safe going full bolt on stock turbo then getting the race tune or am i gonna end up having too much for the cvt transmission to handle?
You will be fine doing that. That is my current set up FBO and 1.5R tune on my CVT. Car is fun to drive. You can actually still upgrade the turbo with the CVT and proper tune. Just be careful doing a lot of digs from 0. I usually only mess around with people from 25-35 to whatever speed when I dust them or they dust me haha

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You will be fine doing that. That is my current set up FBO and 1.5R tune on my CVT. Car is fun to drive. You can actually still upgrade the turbo with the CVT and proper tune. Just be careful doing a lot of digs from 0. I usually only mess around with people from 25-35 to whatever speed when I dust them or they dust me haha
Thanks for the assurance man cant wait to get my car to that level. Do you have any idea how much power your pushing altogether?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Bigboss, have you ever checked out my CVT related tuning threads or the big tune reliability thread I run? Might be some good reading for you.

DadBodReppin

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the assurance man cant wait to get my car to that level. Do you have any idea how much power your pushing altogether?
Not really sure. If I had to estimate anywhere between 220 and 250 ish? Someone that has FBO with same parts and 1.5R tune have a dyno for it?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dynos are overrated as far as comparing power numbers in my opinion . I mean they vary so much. Just too many factors to really use them as a cut and dried "a car with these bolt ons will make such and such power on this tune".

Let's just say that for an OTS tune you simply can't do better than JV's 1.5R tune.

Bigboss

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I h
Bigboss, have you ever checked out my CVT related tuning threads or the big tune reliability thread I run? Might be some good reading for you.
i have my man very useful information but its hard to find many people who are full bolt on cvt especially on the race tune which i have a big interest in thanks to the forums u created

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Understand that the "race" tune is simply a slightly bump up in power version of the regular Phearable 1.5 tune. The big selling point is the removal of the artificial knock above 5200 rpm meaning you can have more consistent high rpm power with multiple pulls.

You aren't going to get a huge power bump with bolt ons on an OTS tune. For that you need to go custom to take full advantage of your bolt ons. As far as the CVT, the way John designed the tune, it's pretty gentle on the CVT.

These are John's published dyno numbers for the tune. This was on a manual transmission. Keep in mind the CVT version has slightly less torque below 4,000 rpm:

Level 1: Low Boost / ~15psi** (190 HP 200 TQ)
Level 2: Medium Boost / ~20psi** (205 HP 252 TQ)
Level 3: High Boost / ~24psi** (226 HP 275 TQ)
Sponsored