Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just to elaborate on the heat and humidity thing. We all know heat is the enemy of getting good power. I mean, think about it, HEAT SOAK isn't just one four letter word, it's two of 'em. ;)

It's the humidity that a lot of people don't know about. I live in Maryland and it gets really humid here. Swamp-like almost. And trust me, it bogs down power. The reason? Cars run on a mixture of air and fuel. Nice oxygen rich air, especially cool air is what our engines crave. Well, when it's especially humid, those excessive water molecules takes up space that would normally be oxygen. So basically you're choking off the engine a bit.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Just to elaborate on the heat and humidity thing. We all know heat is the enemy of getting good power. I mean, think about it, HEAT SOAK isn't just one four letter word, it's two of 'em. ;)

It's the humidity that a lot of people don't know about. I live in Maryland and it gets really humid here. Swamp-like almost. And trust me, it bogs down power. The reason? Cars run on a mixture of air and fuel. Nice oxygen rich air, especially cool air is what our engines crave. Well, when it's especially humid, those excessive water molecules takes up space that would normally be oxygen. So basically you're choking off the engine a bit.
It’s about to be the beginning of boost season around October here in CA ?

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanted to drop a mini update of sorts today about the 1.5R tune! I have had trips where if I didn't get on her too much, I saw 40+ mpg and others I got a lot less over 1,000 miles. Went on a 35 mile cruise tonight and averaged 38mpg doing 3 hard pulls, highway cruising, some city driving. Did a hard pull after the engine warmed up, and maybe I'm crazy but I swore I saw my RPM go past redline. I know the L15 can technically rev past 6400rpm and be alright, but I figured with the CVT having a mind of its own I would never see past 6k or so. Well, tonight I think I saw about 6.6-6.7k rpm, and of course the car absolutely pulled until I let off.

Still can't get over how solid the Phearable 1.5R tune is, this honestly suits my power needs just fine. Would be cool to do a w1 turbo, but I'd leave everything else alone aside from DP and cosmetic stuff and be perfectly happy. I estimate 230whp and 280wtq, but will need to go to a strip and try to figure out my 1/4th.

Speaking of drag-strip, can anyone who has experience on the strip with a CVT give me some insight and info on how to safely do drags? I know certain things will destroy the CVT, but I know nothing about how it does on the strip. Don't want to go out one night for a few runs and pop my CVT...

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
side note while using If you have 1.5R already, try putting it in S in map 3 if you want to feel real early onset power lol
Hey so I’m a little slow, has S always changed how the car felt even in the regular 1.5 non si?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey so I’m a little slow, has S always changed how the car felt even in the regular 1.5 non si?
S is just a stock CVT transmission mode. It basically puts you at higher rpm. This means you are more in the meat of the powerband giving you a livelier feel. It also can be use to engine brake a bit. I personally don't recommend using S for highway cruising because it uses more gas.

When you combine S with the Phearable tunes higher power, the car will feel super responsive with this setup. Great fun in city type driving.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
I have confirmed that the place that has 100octane only has low lead fuel. :( So unless I want to make a 45min, one way, trip every weekish, 91 is the best I could do.

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Good morning

I am writing to you from Italy
Forgive me for bad English

After trying the ktuner stoc maps, TSP1, I passed Phearable RACE

What to say?

I traveled a few kilometers, but the first impressions are very positive

Surely TSP is much more aggressive and nervous at low revs, the kick in the ass it gives is unparalleled
but I admit it was sometimes annoying in daily driving

My tires lasted 9000km

But Phearable RACE, it looks much more linear and progressive and better done

At low revs The car no longer sobs

excellent choice of map 2 at 20 PSI, which has always been a criticism towards TSP that even on request for a fee has never wanted to fix it

Knock Kontrol perfect, does not fall off from 49

AFR Excellent

What to say for now?

To try

and honestly after trying it I no longer feel the need to make a custom map

It looks like it came out of the factory, it is so linear and progressive

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Ah... thank you for answering I was so confused. I'm probably going to try again. Maybe my engine was saying plz no more considering it was hot hot and I'd been driving it for 300 miles. Worst case, I just deal with this a few months until I'm back to normal elevation and better gas T.T

update: nope. this elevation just kills peak boost T.T
During the first lock down, I did two bad refuelings, the knock retard was down to -11, and certainly the engine was delivering at least 20 HP less.

Dirt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6-Spd Manual
I just bought and installed the tune yesterday. To give a little background I ran the TSP Stage 1 for over 10k miles and first impressions of the 1.5R tune was great. There is no jerkiness anymore when going off from first. When decelerating the car does not feel like a rocking boat back and forth. It's so much smoother throughout the RPM range. I don't have try as hard to compensate how I engage the clutch and throttle like with the TSP Stage 1.

The TSP Stage 1 was a good tune. It gave me more power but the daily driving compared to this is so much better. I haven't been able to push the car and datalog it yet but when I do I'll compare over to the TSP file I have and see which is better.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
@gtman I went to the place that has the race fuel during lunch (They have an Arbys, dont judge) and decided to swing by the pumps that have it. Its Sunoco fuel and they have 100 and 110. I just looked it up on Sunocos site and it looks like while the 110 is leaded the 100 is not. $7.99/gal so not as cheap as E85 but I fill up once a week so a gallon of that wont hurt. So this tune might be a little more viable than I thought. My only fear is what if Im out and about and dont have access to the 100.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@gtman I went to the place that has the race fuel during lunch (They have an Arbys, dont judge) and decided to swing by the pumps that have it. Its Sunoco fuel and they have 100 and 110. I just looked it up on Sunocos site and it looks like while the 110 is leaded the 100 is not. $7.99/gal so not as cheap as E85 but I fill up once a week so a gallon of that wont hurt. So this tune might be a little more viable than I thought. My only fear is what if Im out and about and dont have access to the 100.
A couple things. What octane is the highest you can get normally?

The reason I ask is if it's 91, here are the numbers. Based on a full tank, you'll basically need to pump in 2.5+ gallons or so of 100 with the rest being 91 to make it 93 octane. That's a pretty expensive fill up IMO to run the 1.5R.

On the other hand, a starter tune from Ktuner is no slouch either compared to stock and will run decently on 91.
Sponsored