New owner, two questions

6500in6th

Threads
Reaction score
Website
palmeter.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, Red Stripe Speedline Wheels, Built 2-2019, Followed me home 5-26-2019
Country flag
1. How can I run the HVAC in Auto and turn off Recirc Air? It gives me an either/or choice now.
2. How can I listen to tunes with the engine off?

Thanks!
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
For #2, just press the start button once with your foot off the brake to turn on accessory mode.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
1. It is an either/or, that's how auto works. If you want recirculating off, you need to manually control

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. Auto means Auto, all functions (including recirculation). In a nutshell, you can’t be on Auto and have the recirculation as you want it, it will be set how the car wants it. FYI, on Auto it stays on recirculation only if it is really hot in the car or outside and it will cycle between recirculation and fresh air.
2. Do you have keyless entry?
A. If yes, press the start button once without pressing any pedals. It will go into accessory mode. To turn everything off again, push it 2 more times without pressing any pedals.
B. If no, the rotate the key into the first position (accessory mode).

OP
OP
6500in6th

6500in6th

Threads
Reaction score
Website
palmeter.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring, Red Stripe Speedline Wheels, Built 2-2019, Followed me home 5-26-2019
Country flag
Got it! Thanks to all. If that info is in the manual, I couldn't find it. Glad to hear that the HVAC does cycle the Recirc in Auto, I haven't seen the Recirc turn off yet.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the manual somewhere it says that if you change something, while in auto mode,in your case the recirculation button, even though the green light goes off, that everything else stays in the auto mode until manually changed.
So your fan speed, temp etc will stay the same as when you hit the auto button.
If you want to actually see it change that setting, turn your temp knob up hotter while in auto and you should see it switch to the fresh air setting,then back to re circulate when you lower the temp.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
If that info is in the manual, I couldn't find it.
The manual is a beast. I was learning things a year later.

A neat one if you haven't read it yet, if you have RADAR and ACC, if you press and hold the right side of the right control circle without a set cruise speed, it will switch the cruise to "dumb" mode rather than adaptive (ACC). Handy from time to time and especially if your RADAR plate is full of ice in the winter and you don't want to pull over as you know it will just get crusted up again.

Vandam36

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
Do anyone know how to get my civic out of accessory mode my car seems to be stuck in accessory mode an if there’s a relay that control it if I disconnect the battery it’s ok till I start it an try to turn it off it happens all over

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Got it! Thanks to all. If that info is in the manual, I couldn't find it. Glad to hear that the HVAC does cycle the Recirc in Auto, I haven't seen the Recirc turn off yet.
Download the PDF Owners Manual & Owners Guide. You can then search these for any word or term you're looking for.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
The manual does not adequately explain how the AC control works, so people who have any sort of AUTO for the first time often misunderstand it.
AUTO means full auto, including temperature control (of course) compressor control, fan speed and recirculation. You can set recirculation, fan speed, and even turn off the compressor (AC) and it will still automatically control the temperature with the heater, as long as the set point is above ambient. But the AUTO light with stay on only if it has full control of everything.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
The manual does not adequately explain how the AC control works, so people who have any sort of AUTO for the first time often misunderstand it.
AUTO means full auto, including temperature control (of course) compressor control, fan speed and recirculation. You can set recirculation, fan speed, and even turn off the compressor (AC) and it will still automatically control the temperature with the heater, as long as the set point is above ambient. But the AUTO light with stay on only if it has full control of everything.
Probably the most concise summary of a manual section that is akin to the classic VCR instructions that left so many clocks flashing 12:00.

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
If you use the Econ mode it may always recirculate the interior air if the compressor is in use.

Less energy is used in cooling recirculated air.
Sponsored