New Owner of a 2020 Si Sedan: Why I Bought it and Impressions after 600 miles

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Even compared to my 9th gen, the 10th gen feels like a boat.
Yet it is almost 100lbs lighter than the 9th gen (2906 vs 3002lbs). Why wouldnt you want more leg room, head room, and trunk space in a lighter package?
Sponsored

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Yet it is almost 100lbs lighter than the 9th gen (2906 vs 3002lbs). Why wouldnt you want more leg room, head room, and trunk space in a lighter package?
I own both so i dont have to choose

Last edited:

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Nice write up. Man, I'm almost jealous.. I have had mine for almost year and it barely has 800 miles... the result of working from home. I almost miss the commute now...almost.
Im working from home right now - glad to be doing it on a cold post thanksgiving day - so um.. ill be happy to put some miles on your car ;) but perhaps better i dont since i am still working on learning stick.

I have a 90 mile round trip to work - i have 190k on my 09 Ridgeline

(if this comment shows up like 5 times - the forum is being odd with the post reply button).

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Excellent writeup! Congrats on your new car. Best color choice too.
Me, if I could change anything about these cars, it would be to shorten the 4-door (why does it need to be so long? it's just a Civic ffs).........and they should put some actual lumbar support in the seats.
You mentioned lumbar support. What is your opinion on the amount the SI has? I have only sat in one for a few minutes, not driven it. I have back issues. For instance i have my lumbar support on my ridgeline in the "out position" (- as in full support). I am lucky it broke that way - cannot adjust it anymore and luckily it broke in the correct setting, otherwise i would be replacing it/getting a new seat. i have also used my seat heater in the summer for back pain. I have a long 90 mile round trip commute - i do worry about comfort.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
You mentioned lumbar support. What is your opinion on the amount the SI has? I have only sat in one for a few minutes, not driven it. I have back issues. For instance i have my lumbar support on my ridgeline in the "out position" (- as in full support). I am lucky it broke that way - cannot adjust it anymore and luckily it broke in the correct setting, otherwise i would be replacing it/getting a new seat. i have also used my seat heater in the summer for back pain. I have a long 90 mile round trip commute - i do worry about comfort.
It has great seat heaters and zero lumbar support. Im not exaggerating

twaugh5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
You're doing a bang-up job so far there, twaugh5.

And OP, hopefully you take care of your MSM 2020 Si Sedan better than another guy who parked right next to my 2019. His was incredibly, incredibly dirty. Maybe he just went offroading or something, who knows. It was very interesting he parked right next to me, though. It was a massive parking lot with tons of options. I'm guessing it was intentional. I peaked inside to seek the differences, and honestly I don't like the red on the seats. The vents looked neat, I guess.
Somehow, my Post was messed up. Regret.
Sponsored