samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
It sounds much better with viper4android on it. I just re-hacked my headunit and installed viper...so much better.
You don't need a rooted phone but you do have to hack the head unit. I paid for the Honda hack to make things easier
Hacking the headunit will probably void the headunit's (and subsequently the whole sound system's) warranty right? I actually don't mind since I don't think there's anyway that can void the power/drivetrain warranty.

Would you be able to PM me where you got the honda hack? (or instructions on how to if you have the link handy) Thanks!
Sponsored

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Hacking the headunit will probably void the headunit's (and subsequently the whole sound system's) warranty right? I actually don't mind since I don't think there's anyway that can void the power/drivetrain warranty.

Would you be able to PM me where you got the honda hack? (or instructions on how to if you have the link handy) Thanks!
It would void the warranty but a factory reset would revert any traces. My AA stopped working and I factory reset which fixed AA. I then rehacked and AA is still working.

Pm inbound

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
In my car I changed the factory aluminum 2k resonating tweeters with Polk dB tweeters, much improved.
Added a new Kicker 3.5" to replace the factory center speaker, cut the wire to the tweeter on that Kicker I'll adjust the level later.
For the anemic sub I added a dual voice coil 10" Boss subwoofer in an Amazon cabinet. I also put in a switch to go between the factory sub and the add-on sub when I have to remove the add-on sub for cargo, etc.
Now it sounds "better" but not great. I can live with it.
Whatever you do first, turn off that "Enchance" setting. It's just another "surround", type crappy DSP mod that does nothing to improve the sound....as far as I'm concerned anyway.

CbusHondaFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Si TW, 2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
How did you get viper on the headunit? And do you still need a jail broken android to do it (heard about it during my headphone craze days but never looked into it).
First thing is you need to get Honda Hack : http://www.autohack.org/
I purchased the Pro version and it's $25 or you can get the Basic version for $10.

I then used the info from this forum thread to learn how to install V4A - it was really easy: https://www.civicx.com/threads/viper4android-install.40471/

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
I agree. For all the hell folks give the stock CTR exhaust, I really like it
Maybe I'm weird. I actually prefer the stock exhaust sound on an Si over the Type R. I've yet to hear any aftermarket exhausts so really like though.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Haha...it's worse going the other way around. I have a CTR and my wife has a '19 Si. My normal routine is 1. hit the button to shut off 2. put the car in first gear. I have to wait much longer to put the Si in first! haha. First couple times was pretty ugly in the Si since obviously I don't press the clutch since the engine isn't running.
What is your reasoning for putting the car in gear?

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
I'd assume to help keep it from rolling if the E brake fails. When I park and turn off my car I always have the E brake on and put the car in a gear.
I did that on my older cars that had a manual e-brake. Now I just leave leave it in N and use the parking brake unless I'm on a really steep hill.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I did that on my older cars that had a manual e-brake. Now I just leave leave it in N and use the parking brake unless I'm on a really steep hill.
That is what I do. I'd rather not have the driveline shock or engine turn over while the ignition is off, hate to think what electric gremlins would be upset if the engine turned over but could be overthinking it.

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
That is what I do. I'd rather not have the driveline shock or engine turn over while the ignition is off, hate to think what electric gremlins would be upset if the engine turned over but could be overthinking it.
I'd be much more concerned about my car rolling away than any driveline shock or engine turning over, if I were parked on a hill steep enough to do either of those if the e-brake failed.

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Unfortunately it's been observed on these cars that keeping the car in gear barely adds any resistance. If the e-brake fails, your car will probably roll even if it's in a short gear.

OP
OP
newskate9

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
Fun to see this one still kicking around! Couple more observations:

- found this limit on this car and it sits in the driver's seat and looks a lot like me. So, need to pay attention!
- New tires / wheels coming today, can't wait to see impact of the cold weather-ish grip. I'm a bit surprised how fast this front end comes loose.
- I have the sonic gray pearl - and chicks LOVE this car. So much so, I'm no longer allowed to wait in the car while the wife hits the grocery store. The other day I literally had a gal stop in an intersection (parking lot) to yell at me about the car. I've had multiple gals AT ONE TIME talking to me about the car. My mistake was telling someone, now I can't wait in the car no more! Bummer. :)
- Not sure if it is the 30 pounds I've lost in the last 2 months (on purpose) but these seats are great. Much more comfortable than the SI I had. BUT - to be fair, could be my fat bumper that makes the difference.

THIS IS A KEY ONE - Input welcome - I connect my phone and use Android Auto. I like Waze but cannot get it to lock up GPS position. Only going to GMaps first, waiting till it locks up, THEN going to Waze will it work. Even then once in a while it loses it's mind. Never had this problem in the SI, same phone. Or, my Pilot. Anyone see this?

More later!

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, I gotta move to PA. Originally got the car from the friendly folks at Apple Honda (York, PA). I’ve yet to attract any wanted attention. Maybe because I don’t drive her enough (1500 miles in 7 months)?

Good luck on your new shoes. Let us know how you feel about them. Winter tires or all-season?

With this car, I’m missing that high-revving fun (ala Honda Fit or Mazda Miata) on 2nd and 3rd on the street. It simply reaches illegal speeds too quickly at higher rpms on public streets. Its power is more suitable on the track, I guess. I realize I’m more of a “drive a slow car fast” kinda person.

OP
OP
newskate9

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
Good luck on your new shoes. Let us know how you feel about them. Winter tires or all-season?

All season. I'd like to offer maybe it is my sparkling personality / looks that is maybe driving the attention............... but, it is the car! :)
Sponsored