New Owner Observations and Question or Two

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With this car, I’m missing that high-revving fun (ala Honda Fit or Mazda Miata) on 2nd and 3rd on the street. It simply reaches illegal speeds too quickly at higher rpms on public streets. Its power is more suitable on the track, I guess. I realize I’m more of a “drive a slow car fast” kinda person.
Not the only one. The only time I get to wind it out is in 1st gear, which is silly because the amount of wheelspin is insane.
Sponsored

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Man, I gotta move to PA. Originally got the car from the friendly folks at Apple Honda (York, PA). I’ve yet to attract any wanted attention. Maybe because I don’t drive her enough (1500 miles in 7 months)?

Good luck on your new shoes. Let us know how you feel about them. Winter tires or all-season?

With this car, I’m missing that high-revving fun (ala Honda Fit or Mazda Miata) on 2nd and 3rd on the street. It simply reaches illegal speeds too quickly at higher rpms on public streets. Its power is more suitable on the track, I guess. I realize I’m more of a “drive a slow car fast” kinda person.
Here in NorCal, this car is pretty stealth believe it or not. I put about 1200 miles in the 3 weeks I've had the car and I don't even daily drive it loll. (I did drive it up from Socal so I racked up 400 miles pretty quick from the get go) I got a thumbs up from another type R owner and that was pretty much it. I had random cars line up next to me trying to race once or twice but most people here just keep to themselves here. I also think there's a lot less enthusiasts up here than Socal or other parts of the US.