New owner, don't know what I need

DARK SiDE

OBSiDIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hi all, I'm new to the car scene. Recently got a certified pre-owned 2018 Si Sedan. I've been looking around and talking to people, and so far what I've gathered as desirable first mods are front and rear sway bars and coilovers. Please forgive my ignorance, I barely know what I am talking about haha. What do you guys think some of the first things I should do to the car are?
Sponsored

OP
OP

DARK SiDE

OBSiDIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Also, I was looking at the Eibach Anti-Roll kit. Any thoughts on that?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
No one should tell you what you need. Drive the car, get used to everything and decide what you want to change.

OP
OP

DARK SiDE

OBSiDIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
No one should tell you what you need. Drive the car, get used to everything and decide what you want to change.
My problem is that I wouldn't be able to figure out exactly what I'd want to change. love everything about the car so much that I don't know what could even be improved. I was just curious to see what my options are for improving the performance and driving experience of the car.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
My problem is that I wouldn't be able to figure out exactly what I'd want to change. love everything about the car so much that I don't know what could even be improved. I was just curious to see what my options are for improving the performance and driving experience of the car.
Take your time to get to know the car and it's limits Don't rush to change anything or you'll end up doing it over and over. Take it easy

BlueSi4me

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si 2016 Chevy Colorado 2014 Dodge Challenger 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Country flag
I would agree, if you love it, no need to be in a hurry to change it. I got my Si coupe 3 weeks ago, and I am happy with the stock version now. I probably won't even consider any mods until my warranty is up. It's just a wonderful vehicle.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The thing is, the Si is a very good handling car right out of the box. No mods needed. But, a bigger rear sway bar will reduce body roll nicely. Better tires are always a plus and a good first mod. I think a larger front sway bar is unnecessary.

Where the Si lags a bit (sorry bad pun), is in power. It's good, but could be better. One power mod to consider is Ktuner. It will improve power, reduce lag and even get rid of rev hang. Hondata Flashpro is also a good option.

But like others have said, if you're happy with your car stock, save your money for other things and just enjoy the car as is.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Settle into and enjoy this very capable car for a few months, figure it’s strengths and weaknesses then take it from there. Listen to many of the knowledgeable members on this forum about mods and you will gradually learn the best course for you. Although I would recommend some decent paint protection, assuming yours is still in good shape

OP
OP

DARK SiDE

OBSiDIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The thing is, the Si is a very good handling car right out of the box. No mods needed. But, a bigger rear sway bar will reduce body roll nicely. Better tires are always a plus and a good first mod. I think a larger front sway bar is unnecessary.

Where the Si lags a bit (sorry bad pun), is in power. It's good, but could be better. One power mod to consider is Ktuner. It will improve power, reduce lag and even get rid of rev hang. Hondata Flashpro is also a good option.

But like others have said, if you're happy with your car stock, save your money for other things and just enjoy the car as is.
Thank you, this was the kind of answer I was looking for. I understand that its a great car stock but I just wanted to learn what kind of things could make it even better. I appreciate the advice, I'll be looking into those things:)

OP
OP

DARK SiDE

OBSiDIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Settle into and enjoy this very capable car for a few months, figure it’s strengths and weaknesses then take it from there. Listen to many of the knowledgeable members on this forum about mods and you will gradually learn the best course for you. Although I would recommend some decent paint protection, assuming yours is still in good shape
just got it a couple weeks ago with only 4k miles on it. practically new, so I will definitely look into that paint protection

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my completely biased opinion, shifter upgrades make a world of difference. Think the shifter is good now? Wait until you drop an Acuity Full Shifter assembly along with Linkage Bushings in. WORLD of difference. Next thing I'd go for is a nice weighted shift knob (I personally prefer Raceseng). The shifter is the thing you use constantly, so I'd prioritize that. Next, go pick up a sticky set of summer tires. Then grab a KTuner from TSP with their Stage 1 tune.

OP
OP

DARK SiDE

OBSiDIAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
In my completely biased opinion, shifter upgrades make a world of difference. Think the shifter is good now? Wait until you drop an Acuity Full Shifter assembly along with Linkage Bushings in. WORLD of difference. Next thing I'd go for is a nice weighted shift knob (I personally prefer Raceseng). The shifter is the thing you use constantly, so I'd prioritize that. Next, go pick up a sticky set of summer tires. Then grab a KTuner from TSP with their Stage 1 tune.
what kind of price range will that run me?
Sponsored