Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Has anyone verified how the turbulence this mod would create affects the engine's air inlet?
You mean the factory intake system? That is sealed and simply pulls from the front grille area. If you have an aftermarket intake that pulls from near where the fog lights are, I imagine that would increase cold air uptake.
Sponsored

AW911

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, ND1, 991.2 GT3RS
Country flag
We do, but it wouldn't be worth it for a single one of these going to HK. You'd probably have to order about 5x to make it worth it (or add on other parts). PM me if you're interested.
Thanks, I think about it, Cheers.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I would buy them for the looks alone. Then paint everything behind it black. I doubt it would have any affect on cooling, and it may increase drag coefficient, but as I said looks alone.
Good job OP.

Reactions: gxl

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
I would buy them for the looks alone. Then paint everything behind it black. I doubt it would have any affect on cooling, and it may increase drag coefficient, but as I said looks alone.
Good job OP.
Agreed. Great minds...although I only needed to black out the aluminum bumper beam since mine is CBP. BTW, fitment is perfect. +1 for rears!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen New - Open Mesh Fog Light Covers for FK8 Type R PXL_20211021_143253002

Honda Civic 10th gen New - Open Mesh Fog Light Covers for FK8 Type R PXL_20211021_143312656

Last edited:

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Agreed. Great minds...although I only needed to black out the aluminum bumper beam since mine is CBP. BTW, fitment is perfect. +1 for rears!!!

PXL_20211021_143253002.jpg

PXL_20211021_143312656.jpg
So did not have to remove bumper? Also now the Intercooler sticks out. Surely black paint wouldn't hurt the cooling? Although it would add a layer of insulation to the aluminum surface.
Guess an intercooler with anodized black would be better. Plus black body radiation may factor in?

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Honda revised the rubber strip under the front lip to compensate for the aerodynamic change that opening the top layer the front grill did (for the 2020+ MY)

I wonder how much these vents would disrupt the airflow//aerodynamics

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
The bumper cover had to come off, but it's not that bad. Four Phillips screws on either side, a bunch of plastic trim pop-rivets, and four trim snaps along the top of the headlights. Definitely need a helper or bins/boxes to hold the cover while disconnecting/reconnecting the fog light wires. There are several YouTube vids that show how it's done. Mask the lights and take your time.

I actually really like that the intercooler is more visible, but that's a personal preference and could easily have masked around the end pipes and painted them.

Last edited:

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
Honda revised the rubber strip under the front lip to compensate for the aerodynamic change that opening the top layer the front grill did (for the 2020+ MY)

I wonder how much these vents would disrupt the airflow//aerodynamics
I'm sure the drag coefficient increases, but she still pulls just fine to triple digits and beyond (at which speeds drag actually matters). Honda knew exactly what they were doing by covering these up, but I like the look way better.

B$$

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 HONDA FK8, 2022 TOYOTA COROLLA HB XSE
Country flag
Mine are on. Great fit on passenger side; issues with fitment on the driver side. The cover bows and makes a gap. This might be a slightly off manufactured part.

Honda Civic 10th gen New - Open Mesh Fog Light Covers for FK8 Type R image1

Honda Civic 10th gen New - Open Mesh Fog Light Covers for FK8 Type R image2

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Mine are on. Great fit on passenger side; issues with fitment on the driver side. The cover bows and makes a gap. This might be a slightly off manufactured part.

image1.jpg

image2.jpg
Mine fits the exact same...Thats the @procivic grill as well.

Honda Civic 10th gen New - Open Mesh Fog Light Covers for FK8 Type R 8Zwz1hL9Ph0EN8HUdKohD5dHiQ=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

But no issues at 140+ MPH

Honda Civic 10th gen New - Open Mesh Fog Light Covers for FK8 Type R NoIyF8byWE5DDZIzJNXTfH24bQ=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

They have not been used lightly either!

Honda Civic 10th gen New - Open Mesh Fog Light Covers for FK8 Type R G_lw0NsbvmK8c8TIY56e0VaiWQ=w983-h737-no?authuser=0

I'd say they definitely are a win loose for me...the drivers side adds function to my oil cooler and the passenger side adds unneeded drag. To be honest, I hated the fake vents enough to sacrifice some aero for looks!

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
I haven't heard of any driver-side fitment issues until now. If you have that issue, please email [email protected] and provide your Order #, email, or full name and a few pics. Thanks guys.
Sponsored

Reactions: B$$