New mystery vibration

augustus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
I have a new vibration, it's definitely in time with the wheel rotation. It's noticeable usually at low speeds, say 20-30ish, and is most notable going right on a 270degree highway on ramp. The bumping noise if definitely more noticeable on right and I think left turns. The car drives very smoothly at high and low speeds, and I should add that no passengers have really been able to sense or hear the noise (but they may not care). I had just rotated the wheels, and I had thought it was related to some uneven wear in the back right tire, which is now on the front left, where I think the vibration is from (not totally sure), but it's been close to 1,000 miles and I thought it would wear out. Also, I think the car is slightly louder when stopping, road noise wise, but I'm paying more attention than I usually do.

The tires are Michelin Premier A/S. The car has about 25,000 miles on it and I got the tires when the odometer was at 15,000, so I was late on rotating due to life getting in the way.

Any advice out there on how to diagnose this? If it's tire uneven tire wear, and it'll go away with rotations, I can ignore it, but I'm worried it's something more.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a new vibration, it's definitely in time with the wheel rotation. It's noticeable usually at low speeds, say 20-30ish, and is most notable going right on a 270degree highway on ramp. The bumping noise if definitely more noticeable on right and I think left turns. The car drives very smoothly at high and low speeds, and I should add that no passengers have really been able to sense or hear the noise (but they may not care). I had just rotated the wheels, and I had thought it was related to some uneven wear in the back right tire, which is now on the front left, where I think the vibration is from (not totally sure), but it's been close to 1,000 miles and I thought it would wear out. Also, I think the car is slightly louder when stopping, road noise wise, but I'm paying more attention than I usually do.

The tires are Michelin Premier A/S. The car has about 25,000 miles on it and I got the tires when the odometer was at 15,000, so I was late on rotating due to life getting in the way.

Any advice out there on how to diagnose this? If it's tire uneven tire wear, and it'll go away with rotations, I can ignore it, but I'm worried it's something more.

Thanks for any help!
You don't see any uneven tire wear on the rear tires (which were the front tires before the noise started)? It sounds like an alignment issue.