New Modder Here, How do I get bangs and pops?

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
but i love the way they sound! But I also don't wanna sacriice my reliability. What a conundrum.

Run a none catted version and get the AWE touring street edition. That's my setup and I get plenty of gurgles and pops naturally without ruining my engine.
Sponsored

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hi, I got a 17 Civic Si Coupe, only mod so far is the catted MAPerformance downpipe and muffler delete. How do I accomplish those loud bangs and pops i hear other cars doing? I'm not looking for crazy speed, I have ktuner, Maperformance CAI, and a custome quad exhaust in the plans. I just want to make bangs and pops and some decent speed without sacrificing too much reliability. How should i go about this?
Get the Awe exhaust. I have stock downpipe with the touring version and I get gurgles on decel and when shifting. I can only imagine how much louder and more frequent they would be with a catted or catless downpipe. And it is far safer this way than running a gurgle tune which with prolonged use could cause damage.

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Get the Awe exhaust. I have stock downpipe with the touring version and I get gurgles on decel and when shifting. I can only imagine how much louder and more frequent they would be with a catted or catless downpipe. And it is far safer this way than running a gurgle tune which with prolonged use could cause damage.

I have the MAPerformance none catted and it's music to the ears of any gear head. Have a professional shop with a honda master tech install the down pipe though because turbo bolts will break. One of mine broke and it took the poor guy three hours of drilling just right to get it out and replaced with the titanium upgraded stud bolts that I bought for him to install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Naimahab

Naimahab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have the MAPerformance none catted and it's music to the ears of any gear head. Have a professional shop with a honda master tech install the down pipe though because turbo bolts will break. Mine broke and it took the poor guy three hours of drilling just right to get it out and replaced with the titanium upgraded stud bolts that I bought for him to install.
same thing happened to me, i have the catted one. fuckin bolts huh

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
same thing happened to me, i have the catted one. fuckin bolts huh

Yeah anything that I know can be a pain in the ass as in needs a lift for easier installation etc. goes to a master mechanic with a lift I can trust. I dropped it off for the retro clutch to be installed tonight and the KZCMC and stainless steel cmc line and I said hell with it and gave him new mtf fluid to put in her and the squash washer as well. Should be done in a day or two. I'll be able to lay down 300whp within a couple of weeks of the clutch breaking in.

I'll gladly do anything that's easy myself I've installed everything else myself but stuff like that, that takes a day for a master mechanic is going to the master mechanic.

Nick6

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have the MAPerformance none catted and it's music to the ears of any gear head. Have a professional shop with a honda master tech install the down pipe though because turbo bolts will break. One of mine broke and it took the poor guy three hours of drilling just right to get it out and replaced with the titanium upgraded stud bolts that I bought for him to install.
A buddy and myself had no issues removing the downpipe. None of the bolts broke so idk maybe we just got lucky lol

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
27Won on stock DP does the same thing.