Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
Hello again forum, I am hoping to find someone who could help me understand what mods are ok to select with everything stock. Want performance but don't wanna blow anything up. If anyone could please help out a fellow noob tuner that would be awesome. Here is some photos of the new presets they have going.

Ps. have another forum going about how I was hitting 90% on knock control. So far I've gotten down to 74%. Seen other datalogs that others have uploaded and theirs only goes up maybe 1-2%... Unsure of everything they were doing but not sure if my city has terrible gas or if I have something selected I shouldn't.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Mod Settings? Calibrations.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Mod Settings? Mods.PNG

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For your stock engine, CVT, all the mods you have selected are pretty much your options. All of the intake, knock, exhaust, injector, engine, and boost (other than optimized turbo response) categories will make your ECU compensate for parts you don't have installed.

Throttle response/sensitivity is based off what you prefer so you can try those different ones out. You can use the traction control too, but its not necessary if youre not pushing your car around turns or launching it a lot.

Regarding the calibrations, you can use any of them that match the octane gas you're able to put in the car for the first 7 options. If you don't have any of the mods like flex fuel or cold air/short ram intakes, don't use any of those calibrations. If you haven't modified your turbo, don't use the civic si turbo modifications either.

You're pretty much limited to the first 7 calibration options if your car is completely stock. EPA/CARB compliant is for california and any other states that require smog tests or if you want to be environmentally-concious.

If you run any of these tunes, use premium fuel.

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
For your stock engine, CVT, all the mods you have selected are pretty much your options. All of the intake, knock, exhaust, injector, engine, and boost (other than optimized turbo response) categories will make your ECU compensate for parts you don't have installed.

Throttle response/sensitivity is based off what you prefer so you can try those different ones out. You can use the traction control too, but its not necessary if youre not pushing your car around turns or launching it a lot.

Regarding the calibrations, you can use any of them that match the octane gas you're able to put in the car for the first 7 options. If you don't have any of the mods like flex fuel or cold air/short ram intakes, don't use any of those calibrations. If you haven't modified your turbo, don't use the civic si turbo modifications either.

You're pretty much limited to the first 7 calibration options if your car is completely stock. EPA/CARB compliant is for california and any other states that require smog tests or if you want to be environmentally-concious.

If you run any of these tunes, use premium fuel.
I ended up buying ktuner with stage 1.5 phearable tune so I can run a catless dp with CEL. I used to have TSP tune and there’s no way to run that tune and turn off CEL for catless. I don’t have smog testing or anything so I wanna push the car to it’s limits haha. I do launch the car a lot. I’m going to the ICC meet in August so I’m hoping it’ll be running good so I have a chance against some GTI’s lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up buying ktuner with stage 1.5 phearable tune so I can run a catless dp with CEL. I used to have TSP tune and there’s no way to run that tune and turn off CEL for catless. I don’t have smog testing or anything so I wanna push the car to it’s limits haha. I do launch the car a lot. I’m going to the ICC meet in August so I’m hoping it’ll be running good so I have a chance against some GTI’s lol.
If you get a chance, can you add an update in my tuning reliability thread showing your changes? Thanks.
Sponsored