New member-just got new Civic SI

Staffiedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette and Civic SI
Country flag
Long time stick shift car enthusiast. I was looking for a fun daily driver that was good in the snow to replace my Subaru Impreza which I got for winter driving. After much research, I picked out a black SI coupe.
The Subie was great in the snow and the infotainment system was large and easy to read and use and the car was totally reliable during my 3 yr lease. However the Subie was incredibly underpowered and absolutely no fun at all to drive and looked like a box.

I love the looks of the SI coupe in all black and like the way the turbo kicks in to provide smooth acceleration. Look forward to 3 years ( lease term) of fun driving and good winter transportation.
Sponsored

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Long time stick shift car enthusiast. I was looking for a fun daily driver that was good in the snow to replace my Subaru Impreza which I got for winter driving. After much research, I picked out a black SI coupe.
The Subie was great in the snow and the infotainment system was large and easy to read and use and the car was totally reliable during my 3 yr lease. However the Subie was incredibly underpowered and absolutely no fun at all to drive and looked like a box.

I love the looks of the SI coupe in all black and like the way the turbo kicks in to provide smooth acceleration. Look forward to 3 years ( lease term) of fun driving and good winter transportation.
Why didn't you get a WRX if you liked your previous subie

OP
OP

Staffiedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette and Civic SI
Country flag
Why didn't you get a WRX if you liked your previous subie
The infotainment screen of the WRX is a step down from the Impreza Sport, the clutch and shifter are not as smooth, and the main reason is the WRX does not lease as well as the SI having a much lower residual %. While the price diff was around 5k for a WRX premium and the SI, the lease rate diff was about 170 a month.

I also considered a Jetta GLI and they lease out even worse due to an extremely low residual. Cars with poor depreciation lease out very poorly.

Plus I have 2015 Corvette as my fun car.

Annexed

First Name
Austen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Makes sense! Thanks I was just wondering
Sponsored