First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am very glad to be in an Si again. I have owned an Ep3 and 2 FG2's in the past.

A little back story as to how I got here. I traded my 14' Scion FR-S for a 2020 Toyota 86 Hakone Edition. We recently got a dog (much sooner than expected) and it wasn't a great fit for not only the size of the 86 but the interior which was 80% alcantara. I managed to get a good trade in for the 86...it only had 2200 miles on it. It was funny because when I started thinking about getting rid of the 86 I went and drove a 2020 Si and immediately wished I traded the FR-S for one. So much more torque! Anyway here is my recently acquired 2018 Civic Si Coupe with 15k miles. Also a few of my previous Si's. Loving this car so far!
Honda Civic 10th gen New Member Introduction PXL_20201003_134001266
Honda Civic 10th gen New Member Introduction si
Honda Civic 10th gen New Member Introduction si2
Honda Civic 10th gen New Member Introduction si3

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Congrats on the car, the torque and the mpg are :thumbsup:

Got any pictures of the 86?

OP
OP
RJG_FC3_612

RJG_FC3_612

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Congrats on the car, the torque and the mpg are :thumbsup:

Got any pictures of the 86?
Thanks! Yea the MPG is insane. I averaged 38.5 on my way to work. Was getting around 26-27 with the 86. Another surprise with the switch was that my insurance went up with the Civic...guessing due to the turbo but not certain. Here are some pictures of the 86.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Member Introduction IMG_20200807_182529

Honda Civic 10th gen New Member Introduction IMG_20200807_182803

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Thanks! Yea the MPG is insane. I averaged 38.5 on my way to work. Was getting around 26-27 with the 86. Another surprise with the switch was that my insurance went up with the Civic...guessing due to the turbo but not certain. Here are some pictures of the 86.
That’s a very nice exterior/interior color combo on your 86, good choice on the rims. I cross shopped for an 86 but the trunk space and not being able to comfortably travel with our dog was also the deciding factor for the Civic, only I went the sedan route.

I was told the higher insurance is because Civics are a popular target for theft :(

EDIT: Surprised to learn those are the stock rims for the Hakone edition.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RJG_FC3_612

RJG_FC3_612

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
That’s a very nice exterior/interior color combo on your 86, good choice on the rims. I cross shopped for an 86 but the trunk space and not being able to comfortably travel with our dog was also the deciding factor for the Civic, only I went the sedan route.

I was told the higher insurance is because Civics are a popular target for theft :(
Yes trunk is very small. It did open up quite a bit when the seats were down. I have to transport electronics to/from my office and it was becoming a pain regardless. The Civic dwarfs the 86 even as a coupe. They are extremely fun and responsive cars but didn't really suit me anymore since we got the dog.

That also makes sense as a reason for a higher premium.

aethecarfanatic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
The Hakone didn't exist when I was shopping, but you confirmed my same review of the 86 vs the Si. I definitely fell in love with the Si mini mid-range torque shove when the 86 has literally the opposite. 86 is an excellent car, I just could not look past that awful FA20.

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Welcome to CivicX. Like you I recently bought a 2017 Si with under 30K that was actually 100 percent stock and never tuned! My first experience with Honda was a 99 Type R EK9 with right hand drive. Never should have sold it

OP
OP
RJG_FC3_612

RJG_FC3_612

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Welcome to CivicX. Like you I recently bought a 2017 Si with under 30K that was actually 100 percent stock and never tuned! My first experience with Honda was a 99 Type R EK9 with right hand drive. Never should have sold it
Nice! Im not sure if this one was tuned or not. It was definitely modified as It has an Invidia sticker under the hood and I found an AEM decal in the trunk. Previous owner also swapped the side markers but im glad they stayed. Everything was returned to stock at least. I gave it a thorough inspection.

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice! Im not sure if this one was tuned or not. It was definitely modified as It has an Invidia sticker under the hood and I found an AEM decal in the trunk. Previous owner also swapped the side markers but im glad they stayed. Everything was returned to stock at least. I gave it a thorough inspection.
I inspected all the bolts, and none had been "broken" and the factory marks all aligned, so no bolt-on's. The Honda dealership checked and the ECU had never been re-flashed except for updates from Honda. The only mod I've done so far is PRL Performance Intercooler and installed the Acuity shift kit, which I recommend everyone do, as the shifting sucked. I also changed the MT fluid to Amsoil, which didn't make shifting itself any different but did make the transmission feel smoother

OP
OP
RJG_FC3_612

RJG_FC3_612

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I inspected all the bolts, and none had been "broken" and the factory marks all aligned, so no bolt-on's. The Honda dealership checked and the ECU had never been re-flashed except for updates from Honda. The only mod I've done so far is PRL Performance Intercooler and installed the Acuity shift kit, which I recommend everyone do, as the shifting sucked. I also changed the MT fluid to Amsoil, which didn't make shifting itself any different but did make the transmission feel smoother
Hey there, just curious...did you go with the Acuity stage 1 shift kit? Looks like there are 2 variations and one comes with the short shift adaptor.

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag