terps2005

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
I picked up a 2018 Si Coupe Sunday 7/11. I was hoping to get on here, say hello and look for plenty of reasons to spend a ton of $$ on this thing. I was on my way to work this morning when traffic stopped quick in front of me. The car behind me wasn't able to stop in time and blasted me pretty good. I know it's hard to tell how much damage is there from pics but I'm halfway hoping it's totaled so I can get another one and start over again. I haven't even made the first monthly payment yet. The door gap with the front fender on the passenger side is tweaked so it seems as if there was some unibody damage. Now the waiting game for appraisals and repair estimates starts. Oh well at least no one was hurt.

Honda Civic 10th gen New member - 2018 Si - Had it for 2 weeks and already in a wreck :( 7E4B3A6D-E891-4CFF-A55B-D5283DF97669_1_201_a
Sponsored

NukeKS14

First Name
A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 1995 240sx, '65 Cobra Repl.
Country flag
So sorry man. Everyone is on their cellphones and tailgating these days. Hope you had GAP coverage. In this market, the 10th gen Si's are still pretty damn outrageous but starting to come down. Glad nobody was hurt. That's about the best you can hope for today; to walk away in one piece and live to drive another day. It doesn't look like it but, did any airbags go off?

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
That's terrible. At least you are ok.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Surprised they didn't total it out. It seems to be VERY easy to total the 10th gen due to parts cost.

OP
OP
terps2005

terps2005

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Coupe
Country flag
give us some after pics, homie. What was repaired?
The major repairs were the Deck lid, rear bumper (cover and actual bumper) passenger’s side rear quarter panel, and most of the passenger’s side rear suspension. I’ll grab some pics tomorrow when it’s light out.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
2+ months and almost $11k in damage later I'm back in business.
Wow ?.. $12k I hear is most insurance company's dmg repair limits to total out a vehicle (per GEICO & more ppl repairing my vehicle).. that was Soo CLOSE!! I was terrified that my car was gonna be totaled cuz I had done a good bit in personalization that I didn't wanna just toss out. Glad you're ok and safe, these Civics rock!
Sponsored