New Maryland standard plate

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
So it looks like Maryland is finally changing away from the War of 1812 plate to a new standard plate:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Maryland standard plate KGaeMSQ

It looks like if you apply for a new plate online now, you'll receive the new plate even though the templates online still use the War of 1812 design. It's a $20 fee to replace your existing tags.

I definitely like it better than the War of 1812 design (always thought it was ugly, and managed to avoid it entirely until I bought my Civic last month and the dealer wouldn't transfer my old tags) but I'm not sure if I'd rather have the old mostly-white design back over this. The new plate is anything but subtle.
Sponsored

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
So it looks like Maryland is finally changing away from the War of 1812 plate to a new standard plate:

Honda Civic 10th gen New Maryland standard plate KGaeMSQ

It looks like if you apply for a new plate online now, you'll receive the new plate even though the templates online still use the War of 1812 design. It's a $20 fee to replace your existing tags.

I definitely like it better than the War of 1812 design (always thought it was ugly, and managed to avoid it entirely until I bought my Civic last month and the dealer wouldn't transfer my old tags) but I'm not sure if I'd rather have the old mostly-white design back over this. The new plate is anything but subtle.
WOW I love that! Much better than the current tags. I look forward to seeing those on the road.

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag

KGaeMSQ.png

I know this thread is older than dirt - but stumbled on it. I read someone else say the war of 1812 plate looks like "fireworks over walmart". 100% agree. Always hated that plate and avoided it.

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
War of 1812 plate was the worst. The MD plate used to be so simple and clean. I do really wish I had grabbed one of the limited yellow Vintage plates though!

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
War of 1812 plate was the worst. The MD plate used to be so simple and clean. I do really wish I had grabbed one of the limited yellow Vintage plates though!
Yeah i wished i had gotten a yellow plate, but i had no reason at the time. Only had one car - and it had a MD farm support vanity plate.

Before i got the vanity plate, i had the old MD white plate with shield on it
Sponsored