Jnav5665

First Name
Joham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I recently installed the MAP catted downpipe on my 2018 Si. Sounds awesome but after about 2 weeks I’m getting engine code P0420. Any thoughts? I highly doubt it’s a bad cat since it’s brand new but could be a bad O2 sensor. Is it ok to just keep clearing the code if it is?
Sponsored

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Even the catted downpipes can throw a code. Get a defouler if you don't already have one and see if it goes away or a ktuner/hondata to turn off that sensor code.

OP
OP

Jnav5665

First Name
Joham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Even the catted downpipes can throw a code. Get a defouler if you don't already have one and see if it goes away or a ktuner/hondata to turn off that sensor code.
I have Ktuner V2, and now I just delete the code whenever it comes back. What’s a defouler and or a good brand? Also so I’m perfectly fine with driving then I assume so.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I have Ktuner V2, and now I just delete the code whenever it comes back. What’s a defouler and or a good brand? Also so I’m perfectly fine with driving then I assume so.
A defouler is an extension for the O2 sensor that can help with CEL codes from an aftermarket downpipe.
Sponsored