New LX owner, having 2nd thoughts about trim

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I agree that a LX is a good car BUT ( this is my opinion ) you just bought a 19000 dated car... No push button start, no sensing features, no AA or CP, no heated seats, no auto climate controls , no remote start. This is a 2016 car not a car from 2010. For a very small amount you get so much more bang for your buck. The only reason I could see getting a LX is if you need a 6 speed over the CVT. Like I said this is my Opinion.
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agree that a LX is a good car BUT ( this is my opinion ) you just bought a 19000 dated car... No push button start, no sensing features, no AA or CP, no heated seats, no auto climate controls , no remote start. This is a 2016 car not a car from 2010. For a very small amount you get so much more bang for your buck. The only reason I could see getting a LX is if you need a 6 speed over the CVT. Like I said this is my Opinion.

Confused by your position. My point was that 2.4~2.6k is a significant amount of money that needs to be paid extra in order to upgrade. To which you said it was not much of an increase.

But now the argument is that there is value in the extra price?

I never made the point that there was no value in upgrades but merely made the point of a rather large cost increase that cannot be ignored. Since cost was a major factor in the decision for this buyer it would make sense that perhaps the LX was a perfectly good buy.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
All I am saying is really think about your purchase Before you buy. Cause once you drive off that lot your taking a 3 to 4K bath. if your paying 300 or 340 you have to be a 100 percent happy. It has happen to me before... Had two contractors bid on a job on my house I tried to save a few dollars and go with the cheaper one and job turned out like crap and had to hire the more expensive contractor To fix his mess. So My motto is don't be penny smart and pound foolish.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All I am saying is really think about your purchase Before you buy. Cause once you drive off that lot your taking a 3 to 4K bath. if your paying 300 or 340 you have to be a 100 percent happy. It has happen to me before... Had two contractors bid on a job on my house I tried to save a few dollars and go with the cheaper one and job turned out like crap and had to hire the more expensive contractor To fix his mess. So My motto is don't be penny smart and pound foolish.
Definitely understand what point you are making but that diverts from the crux of this discussion.

Your house example is not comparing apples to apples.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Confused by your position. My point was that 2.4~2.6k is a significant amount of money that needs to be paid extra in order to upgrade. To which you said it was not much of an increase.

But now the argument is that there is value in the extra price?

I never made the point that there was no value in upgrades but merely made the point of a rather large cost increase that cannot be ignored. Since cost was a major factor in the decision for this buyer it would make sense that perhaps the LX was a perfectly good buy.
Like I said This is my opinion... 2400 over 5 years is not a lot of money. He just got the car and already having regrets. If the dealer said he could bring it back and pay the difference For the EXT he would.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like I said This is my opinion... 2400 over 5 years is not a lot of money. He just got the car and already having regrets. If the dealer said he could bring it back and pay the difference For the EXT he would.

No point in countlessly arguing theoretical and hypothetical situations. My point has not changed and is clear. The amount to upgrade is not a factor that can be ignored.

This point can be refuted depending on your financial situation. However, in this context it is relevant since cost was the factor that limited the owner from considering other options.

I agree with the point that EXT is pretty good value but that is irrelevant to this discussion.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
People are trying to save money ( penny smart pound foolish) but in the long run it costs them more when they trade it in for a higher model.

For example People buy a EXL for 22500 ballpark number. Cause that's all they could swing in payments. But the next week go and spend 1500 for touring rims cause they like the way they look. He/she could have just payed the few dollars more a month on a touring instead of the EXL. And got all the bells the touring comes with...

That's all I'm saying if your having seconds thoughts on the 2nd day you made the wrong decision.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People are trying to save money ( penny smart pound foolish) but in the long run it costs them more when they trade it in for a higher model.

For example People buy a EXL for 22500 ballpark number. Cause that's all they could swing in payments. But the next week go and spend 1500 for touring rims cause they like the way they look. He/she could have just payed the few dollars more a month on a touring instead of the EXL. And got all the bells the touring comes with...

That's all I'm saying if your having seconds thoughts on the 2nd day you made the wrong decision.
Good point but still irrelevant to this discussion and changes the argument.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
No point in countlessly arguing theoretical and hypothetical situations. My point has not changed and is clear. The amount to upgrade is not a factor that can be ignored.

This point can be refuted depending on your financial situation. However, in this context it is relevant since cost was the factor that limited the owner from considering other options.

I agree with the point that EXT is pretty good value but that is irrelevant to this discussion.
How can you say that a EXT is irrelevant to this discussion when that's the model he wants to get over the LX?

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How can you say that a EXT is irrelevant to this discussion when that's the model he wants to get over the LX?
Its not relevant because the limiting factor was cost in the first place. You are arguing value over cost right now.

Yes in terms of value your point is valid and correct but I was never arguing that point.

My point is cost is the important fact to consider.

Do I need to make this any clearer for you?

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Using true car with my zip code and living in NJ we don't get as good of discounts of other states.

LX lowest price paid 18,743
Ext lowest price paid 20527
Difference in price 1784

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Using true car with my zip code and living in NJ we don't get as good of discounts of other states.

LX lowest price paid 18,743
Ext lowest price paid 20527
Difference in price 1784
And once again you are using pure hypothetical situations to which I already said was pointless to argue. Also it is not relevant because once again the buyer is not in NJ but in CA.

If you want to debate on this topic please go ahead but please remain on the point of the debate instead of side tracking to make other points.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
And once again you are using pure hypothetical situations to which I already said was pointless to argue. Also it is not relevant because once again the buyer is not in NJ but in CA.

If you want to debate on this topic please go ahead but please remain on the point of the debate instead of side tracking to make other points.
My point is clear. OP had regrets on the model he picked and wanted a EXT. You keep talking about cost. It's going to cost him more If he trades in the LX for a EXT. if your buying a 20k car and can't swing another 20 bucks in your payment then you Shouldn't be buying a new car or pick up a Nissan.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My point is clear. OP had regrets on the model he picked and wanted a EXT. You keep talking about cost. It's going to cost him more If he trades in the LX for a EXT. if your buying a 20k car and can't swing another 20 bucks in your payment then you Shouldn't be buying a new car or pick up a Nissan.
Thanks for playing. Nice use of straw man arguments.

I didn't discuss the cost of trading to get a different car. I only mention for the price he paid for the car with limiting factor of cost and that the LX was a good purchase.

You keep on detracting from the conversation by bringing up irrelevant and off topic points of value.

Anyways since this seems to be not productive and you wont engage on the topic I see no point in continuing.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
And again, it depends on who you are and your situation. Not too many years ago my wife and I dismissed buying Honda and Toyota over Hyundai because they were 'too expensive'. Price difference was about the same as you're quoting. If you don't have it, it's a lot. I have buyer's remorse as well. I really wanted the Audi S4 I was cross-shopping. I could afford the $10k difference (used) but are my feelings worth that much? Yes...but no.

My wife also REALLY wanted me to get a Mitsubishi Lancer RalliArt. Only thing modern about it was the Dual-Clutch tranny. But it's a car. If you're any kind of driver and plan on owning it for a decade, you don't need the tech.
Sponsored