Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I need a new hood, again. Last time I got lucky and found OE color for $120 in Houston and avoided shipping.

All the OE color hoods are from out-of-state and cost over $400.

A friend who owns a body shop can get a Capa certified for 250.

I do not want to paint a hood to match the color because I don't want any differences of color, then it's obvious the vehicle has been in a collision. I've had plenty of collisions in this car and have been able to repair everything myself, so I have a perfectly clean Carfax.

Since i dont want to paint the new hood, i thought about wrapping it matte or gloss black, in addition to the roof and trunk. I think thatd be cool. But also not what i want, I'll stand out more - and i do not need any attention from law enforcement.

For about the same price of shipping an OE color hood, or wrapping everything, i could go carbon fiber. Which would be sick, then get a carbon fiber trunk (or just wrapp the trunk and roof) But, id stand out more.

So Idk. What are yalls thoughts?
Sponsored

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2 genuine questions; how have you been in so many collisions? and are they tied into why you don't want law enforcement noticing you? If none are your fault, due to reckless driving, you shouldn't have anything to worry about with law enforcement. I stand out a lot in my area and have never had any issues.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
2 genuine questions; how have you been in so many collisions? and are they tied into why you don't want law enforcement noticing you? If none are your fault, due to reckless driving, you shouldn't have anything to worry about with law enforcement. I stand out a lot in my area and have never had any issues.
I don't feel comfortable answering those questions without the presence of my attorney.

Jokes aside, I drive A LOT.
1st Collision was after i was driving home from college, i was having a severe panic attack and was just recently diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I took my medication and it made me black out while turning into my neighborhood. Bent both drivers side wheels and the front knuckle (which i replaced yesterday)

2nd i was driving home from a late night ubering, and was literally falling asleep. I should of pulled over and took a nap but i wanted to get home i kept driving. Swerved into plastic divider cones on the highway

3rd i hit a deer on the way to my parents in the country. Roads were wet and my radar doesnt work due to the 2nd Collision. Hit the deer doing about 20, hardly much damage. Destroyed the grille and passenger headlamp, dented the hood and bent passenger hood hinge.

My Jetta was silver with all the chrome blacked out, angle eyes, smoked taillamps, MagnaFlow exhaust, and a few other things.

I have a heavy right foot. And everytime i passed a LEO, i got pulled over and issued a citation.

In the civic, I've only received 2 citations. The majority of times LEO would flash their red and blues.

Im assuming since the Jetta was modified, it was more of a target.

So, the poll. Whatcha think?

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't feel comfortable answering those questions without the presence of my attorney.

1st Collision was after i was driving home from college, i was having a severe panic attack and was just recently diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I took my medication and it made me black out while turning into my neighborhood. Bent both drivers side wheels and the front knuckle (which i replaced yesterday)

2nd i was driving home from a late night ubering, and was literally falling asleep. I should of pulled over and took a nap but i wanted to get home i kept driving. Swerved into plastic divider cones on the highway

3rd i hit a deer on the way to my parents in the country. Roads were wet and my radar doesnt work due to the 2nd Collision. Hit the deer doing about 20, hardly much damage. Destroyed the grille and passenger headlamp, dented the hood and bent passenger hood hinge.

My Jetta was silver with all the chrome blacked out, angle eyes, smoked taillamps, MagnaFlow exhaust, and a few other things.

I have a heavy right foot. And everytime i passed a LEO, i got pulled over and issued a citation.

In the civic, I've only received 2 citations. The majority of times LEO would flash their red and blues.

I'm going to say aftermarket, wrap the hood, roof, and trunk. It could look cool. Not a fan of the carbon fiber look, but a polished black would look good. Matte....maybe, but might look weird if the rest of the car is regular shiny paint.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm going to say aftermarket, wrap the hood, roof, and trunk. It could look cool. Not a fan of the carbon fiber look, but a polished black would look good. Matte....maybe, but might look weird if the rest of the car is regular shiny paint.
So wrap the entire car in matte grey?

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Man... sounds like you should prepare more. I had the anxiety for a min, pulling off the road (safely) for a nap or a cool down helps. But if you drive so much, load that trunk up with a survival nap kit. Foam pillow, small blanket, pepper spray (or gun, you live in Tx) for security, dry snacks and some water. As for the speeding, I used to have that problem. But if the tickets add up it starts to hurt... and when your paycheck starts to hurt, you feel it. Rely on that CC more often. Lol I'm not ragging on ya, just don't want to see you hurt or your car effed up. Its no fun watching others progress on their builds when youre without a car or on the couch injured. Hopefully some of my ideas might be useful for you.

OP
OP
nickname

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
Man... sounds like you should prepare more. I had the anxiety for a min, pulling off the road (safely) for a nap or a cool down helps. But if you drive so much, load that trunk up with a survival nap kit. Foam pillow, small blanket, pepper spray (or gun, you live in Tx) for security, dry snacks and some water. As for the speeding, I used to have that problem. But if the tickets add up it starts to hurt... and when your paycheck starts to hurt, you feel it. Rely on that CC more often. Lol I'm not ragging on ya, just don't want to see you hurt or your car effed up. Its no fun watching others progress on their builds when youre without a car or on the couch injured. Hopefully some of my ideas might be useful for you.
My CC doesn't worj because my radar is broke lol