Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT FK7
Country flag
You need to compress the datalog in a zip file before attaching the datalog with your post in this forum.

The newly added mods are throttle responsiveness and throttle sensitivity modifications. These mods are relatively safe.
Yes there is new throttle responses. They say stages tho? Any reason for that? I just kept the same high output tune and it was preselected on the stage 3 on responsive.

There is also a new waste gate option. Any info on that?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is tonights pulls. Thought it was starting good, only got 6 knocks total. My hard pull was weird because I thought I heard a weird noise but think it was just the tire catching pavement. This new update makes the rev hang really hang but overall feels the same as before. Seems as tho it got up to 70 only during really hard launch. Will do another tomorrow, was getting low on gas. But seems like the issue was having the mod Cams Extended and Increased Fuel Pressure was causing knock to hit 90% with stock internals.

Attachments

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had my hondata set to the SI lol.
A good rule of thumb is if you dont understand what it is, you can do without it until you become familiar with whats going on.

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How do you have rev hang on a CVT? I'm not sure you know what true rev hang is because it is not possible on a CVT.
Um well isn’t rev hang where it likes to stay up in the higher rpms? Then “down shifts” because you’re right it’s not a legitimate thing in a CVT but the computers just make it “shift” but basically in “2nd” gear it just took long time to get all the way up then switch to “3rd” gear. Maybe I’m crazy and maybe the car was just learning the new tune but as I continue to drive it it’s becoming better and “rev hang” is back to “normal”

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like it does do something at least on ktuner with cvt’s. Not a total pointless feature.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Hondata Tunes for Non-Si 4F89BE47-49A7-4055-ACF7-25AE7FAD6174

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Um well isn’t rev hang where it likes to stay up in the higher rpms? Then “down shifts” because you’re right it’s not a legitimate thing in a CVT but the computers just make it “shift” but basically in “2nd” gear it just took long time to get all the way up then switch to “3rd” gear. Maybe I’m crazy and maybe the car was just learning the new tune but as I continue to drive it it’s becoming better and “rev hang” is back to “normal”
By the definition of rev hang it is when you push the clutch to upshift in a manual but the revs don't drop right away. The rpm should drop right rather quickly in order for you to shift into a higher gear as a higher gear will have lower rpm at the same speed. With rev hang it is more of a pain to upshift quickly. With a CVT obviously you don't ever truly shift as the gear ratio is infinite. Hence why in theory a CVT, if designed correctly, offers better power delivery and acceleration than a normal automatic or manual as you don't change the rpm but you change the gear ratio. By maintaining a higher rpm (and changing gear ratio which isn't a set ratio) you can stay in the peak horsepower and acceleration range much easier. This is why F1 banned CVTs almost immediately after Williams racing tested it once in the 1990s. While our CVTs do have simulated gears you won't experience true rev hang.

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Sounds like it does do something at least on ktuner with cvt’s. Not a total pointless feature.
4F89BE47-49A7-4055-ACF7-25AE7FAD6174.png
They are talking about throttle padding which isn't rev hang. That email is stating the when users turned rev hang off and had an aggressive throttle on it was a bit much so they introduced throttle padding. I don't know how throttle padding affects CVTs but Im not sure the rev hang on/off option does anything for us since we don't have a clutch.

OP
OP
Sleeper_FK7

Sleeper_FK7

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I guess it could be but that’s not what it’s labelled as in the base maps. I might be wrong but there is also a “+9Psi” basemap. And if I thought these “265kpa” base maps were new. At least they were for me when I updated my flash pro to v.3.7.

Last edited:

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Im a uk non si and ive been running a custom +3psi tune for about 2months now and its so nice to drive and the power is there when you need it! I am MT with 27won CAI/TIP and FMIC and 2.5" catback and i get no knocks and a solid .49% k.control. i had no option of a basemap on my ecu other than factory calibration so ive started from the bottom.

so far im very happy and still have a while to go.

I recommend starting with +3psi tune and just enjoy it for a while and learn how it all works :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Dynos can never really accurately be compared. Too many variables.

Hondata even admits the dyno they use is "optimistic".

Last edited:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im a uk non si and ive been running a custom +3psi tune for about 2months now and its so nice to drive and the power is there when you need it! I am MT with 27won CAI/TIP and FMIC and 2.5" catback and i get no knocks and a solid .49% k.control. i had no option of a basemap on my ecu other than factory calibration so ive started from the bottom.

so far im very happy and still have a while to go.

I recommend starting with +3psi tune and just enjoy it for a while and learn how it all works :)
I'm brand new to this hondata thing as I just upgraded from a CVT to a 6MT with stage 2 clutch. I never felt the need to tune my CVT but now, oh boy! Anyway, your recommendation sounds very wise. As much as I want to run this new 265kpa, I'm going to stick with a +3 for now until I know what the heck 265kpa means exactly. :) I did try a +6 the other night but all I really need for now is rev hang delete and better throttle response. Thanks!
Sponsored