nomorevtec

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean si sedan,Venza,335xi
Country flag
Here is my setup . I keep my 2015 accord sport 18" . Canadian tire has 225 45 r18 conti wintercontact si for cad$188 each. Then shoppers drug mark doing 10% off the canadian tire GC . I bought 950 worth GC and -$75 rebate.Total damage in my pocket come to cad 800 for a set of decent winter tire .
Sponsored

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
Here is my setup . I keep my 2015 accord sport 18" . Canadian tire has 225 45 r18 conti wintercontact si for cad$188 each. Then shoppers drug mark doing 10% off the canadian tire GC . I bought 950 worth GC and -$75 rebate.Total damage in my pocket come to cad 800 for a set of decent winter tire .
Wait what ?
188$ at canadian tire ?? It's 238.97$ on the apps ??

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
If it were me and assuming your area is constantly below 32 degrees F...

Downsize to 17''. Get some used Honda wheels on Craigslist. I'm assuming they're a common wheel size/bolt pattern. Buy a set of winter tires. You might get lucky and the wheels might already have winter tires already mounted.

Run the stock wheels in the summer.

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
Toronto here. I was at the dealership yesterday and had it confirmed that 16's would fit on the si. Planning on picking up tires (not sure of cost yet) with steelies ($50) each and aiming for a total of $500-$700. Why is everyone going 17's?

The dealership prices on tires and steelies are almost double the price of where I can find them somewhere else so stay away.

Also dealership didn't point out any negatives about going 16".

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Toronto here. I was at the dealership yesterday and had it confirmed that 16's would fit on the si. Planning on picking up tires (not sure of cost yet) with steelies ($50) each and aiming for a total of $500-$700. Why is everyone going 17's?

The dealership prices on tires and steelies are almost double the price of where I can find them somewhere else so stay away.

Also dealership didn't point out any negatives about going 16".
I always heard from people here that 16" won't clear the Si's rotors/calipers.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I always heard from people here that 16" won't clear the Si's rotors/calipers.
Yup that's what I heard also ! One dude said that RSX 16" wheels doesn't fit. I will try it. I have those wheels at home.

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
While getting the oil change the dude said he'd throw one on to see if it fit, another mechanic walked by and said he put 4 on some ladies si the day before, so this is what I'm going on.

Tire size: 215/55r16

Last edited:

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow! Did you negotiate with them or something ? It's the best price I have seen anywhere for those tire.
I don't get why it's not the same price on their apps.

AMGSiR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan (CBP)
Country flag
I am waiting for a 2018 SI. Since I’m in Canada, there is no option to get summer tires at point of purchase.

So, I am stuck with the stock all season tires. I have 4 options; all in Canadian funds including installation and local tax:
1. Use up the OE all season tires for the 1st winter then buy new summer tires next summer.
2. Buy 18-inch winter tires and use the stock wheels. $1200
3. Downsize to 17 inch with Enkei alloy wheels. $2,700
4. Downsize to 17 inch with black steel rims. $1,400

Which option will you take?

Too bad we do not have the summer tire option in Canada. Otherwise, I will have only 2 choices, #3 and #4.
The factory tires are horrible.. just horrible. I've already thrown a set of Pilot Sport 4S on a set of 19" Acura TLX A-Spec wheels on my Si. Even in single digit (Celcius) rainy weather those things grip like crazy. In dry, you can't get 2nd gear scratch, they just grip and go. Versus OMG THIS CAR IS SO POWERFUL THE TIRES SPIN AND SQUEAL ALL THE TIME /rant over

I'm putting my W240 Sottozeros that came off my Focus ST onto the factory wheels.

In your position? I'd go with the last option. Steelies are fine for winter, and the savings is significant. (or do what I do and upgrade your summer stuff!)

AMGSiR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan (CBP)
Country flag
Also.. COSTCO for tires.

I work in the car business, and I couldn't beat Costco pricing by a significant margin let alone the ability to have it done at 8:00 at night and not have to buy cases of beer for people.

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
Just called Tire Terminal and got these prices.

215/55r16

$975 Hankooks
$930 Good Year
$867 Dunlops
$637 Centera

Prices are OTD with rims.

They also said 16's fit on the SI.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
The factory tires are horrible.. just horrible. I've already thrown a set of Pilot Sport 4S on a set of 19" Acura TLX A-Spec wheels on my Si. Even in single digit (Celcius) rainy weather those things grip like crazy. In dry, you can't get 2nd gear scratch, they just grip and go. Versus OMG THIS CAR IS SO POWERFUL THE TIRES SPIN AND SQUEAL ALL THE TIME /rant over
This is why maybe I should use up the all-season tires this winter then move to pure summer tires next year.