Nick1223

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2.0 4 cylinder
Country flag
Hi, my names nick and I recently purchased a 2017 Honda Civic with a 2.0L 4 cylinder engine. Im new to anything car related and was wondering if someone on here could help me. Im looking to do some work to my vehicle, such as get a new exhaust, a new cool air intake, I definitely want to K-Tune it also. if anyone could give me any tips and part suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! I understand I cnnot make this a supercar but it is my first project and would like to do what I can with it to make it a little quicker and eventually do some cosmetic work as well.
Sponsored

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, my names nick and I recently purchased a 2017 Honda Civic with a 2.0L 4 cylinder engine. Im new to anything car related and was wondering if someone on here could help me. Im looking to do some work to my vehicle, such as get a new exhaust, a new cool air intake, I definitely want to K-Tune it also. if anyone could give me any tips and part suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! I understand I cnnot make this a supercar but it is my first project and would like to do what I can with it to make it a little quicker and eventually do some cosmetic work as well.
For anything like what you are asking for, the options are endless–or so it seems. There’s a variety of exhaust setups, intakes,etc. I would try looking throughout this forum and some threads such as WhatDidYouDoToYourCivicToday(II) for a general overview of what people have done to their vehicles. That’s what I kind of did. But everything you do should be stuff you’re comfortable with and appreciate. It’s your build!

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (Aegean Blue)
Country flag

Welcome Nick.

i would first suggestion would be minor mods and upgrades being that this is your first hoorah into the scene.. You want to get into the hang of modding your car and experience what its like...w/ baby steps. Of course, you'll find out right away your capabilities as you go through the motion of failing, failing, and finally succeeding.

Some minor mods includes:
Changing out Lights to LEDS
Stickers?
Vinyl Wrap some things?
Etc.

When i started modding my car, i focused a lot more on my driving experience such as the categories of mods mentioned above. It was easy and allowed me to feel accomplished in what i wanted to do.

When I was finally able to move forward, i went with and Exhaust as my first big purchase.
Then a Cold Air Intake

then some more driver mods such as shifter cable bushings etc.

Finally, a good place to start learning what you can do to your car... check out "Edge Motorsports" on youtube. They provide a lot of in depth videos surrounding the Civic.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Nick1223

Nick1223

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2.0 4 cylinder
Country flag
Welcome Nick.

i would first suggestion would be minor mods and upgrades being that this is your first hoorah into the scene.. You want to get into the hang of modding your car and experience what its like...w/ baby steps. Of course, you'll find out right away your capabilities as you go through the motion of failing, failing, and finally succeeding.

Some minor mods includes:
Changing out Lights to LEDS
Stickers?
Vinyl Wrap some things?
Etc.

When i started modding my car, i focused a lot more on my driving experience such as the categories of mods mentioned above. It was easy and allowed me to feel accomplished in what i wanted to do.

When I was finally able to move forward, i went with and Exhaust as my first big purchase.
Then a Cold Air Intake

then some more driver mods such as shifter cable bushings etc.

Finally, a good place to start learning what you can do to your car... check out "Edge Motorsports" on youtube. They provide a lot of in depth videos surrounding the Civic.

Good luck.
thank you for ur response! do you have any exhausts you would recommend?
ive done work to other cars with my friends such as change their exhaust, cosmetic modding, etc. but this is my first time doing it to a vehicle of my own and wanted my first one simple so i can get into the grove of things.

Mintmoney15

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
ive done work to other cars with my friends such as change their exhaust, cosmetic modding, etc. but this is my first time doing it to a vehicle of my own and wanted my first one simple so i can get into the grove of things.
I have a borla s type exhaust on my civic sport and love it highly recommend

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I personally have a HKS Hi-Power Exhaust System for my Si Sedan.

I chose that particularly exhaust due to build quality, fitment, sound & price.

Of course theres a bunch more like Borla, MAPerformance, GReddy to name a few.

Theres a lot of researching that goes into any mod parts so i would suggest you looking into what people are using for theirs. Thats actually the joy of modding cars. Rabbit holes & Money pits haha

sib2on

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
are civic exhausts universal?

Universal in a sense that its a pipe that guides the exhaust gas out... yes.

However, with the various civic trims that honda provides.. you can see that the length of car matters... the various bumpers etc.
Sponsored