New Here - Introduction and Question

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
That’s brutal. What color do you have. Please don’t say platinum white pearl.
Rallye Red. I don't think it matters what color the paint is, all Honda paint seems to be the same thin water based shit.
The PPF would really come in handy just to keep the paint glued onto the car rather than deflect stones
Sponsored

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes it is! They've always treated me well here - get all my service done here and feel like I got a pretty good deal as well. No complaints. Where did you buy yours?
That's nice, I got mine from Ken Graff Honda Downtown, they're pretty chill and provide shuttles when my car was in service with them, I used to work in Riverton, so I'm impressed that they'd take me all the way there :)
But, since Performance Honda are closer to where I live, sometimes I'd order parts from them, as long as I give them the part numbers, they'd get the parts for me.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
...the other thing is that this seat kills my lower back. After maybe 10 minutes of driving it hurts so bad, I also never experienced this in my 2016. I'm at a loss here and not quite sure what to do.
I feel bad for you that the seats are killing your back. Sounds like Honda cheapened the seats to save $$$. It pisses me off that the better seats in the Si aren't available in other Civics.
This brings up a two questions that's been on my mind:
1. Are there good aftermarket seats for Civic's?
2. Can you buy a Civic Si seat and put it in a different Civic i.e. Touring/LX/Sport?

OP
OP
thill123919

thill123919

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
That's nice, I got mine from Ken Graff Honda Downtown, they're pretty chill and provide shuttles when my car was in service with them, I used to work in Riverton, so I'm impressed that they'd take me all the way there :)
But, since Performance Honda are closer to where I live, sometimes I'd order parts from them, as long as I give them the part numbers, they'd get the parts for me.
Oh nice! I like Ken Garff Downtown - I rented an Accord 2.0T Sport from them a few weeks ago and took it on a road trip to CA to avoid putting miles on my new car :) it was awesome... $46 a day with tax and unlimited miles. Only had 55 miles on it when they gave it to me. I'm never taking my car on a road trip again!

Also - Performance Honda will price match parts for me that I find online just FYI. They take shipping into account, but usually saves me a little $$. Saved me about $20 on my new carpet trunk liner.

OP
OP
thill123919

thill123919

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I feel bad for you that the seats are killing your back. Sounds like Honda cheapened the seats to save $$$. It pisses me off that the better seats in the Si aren't available in other Civics.
This brings up a two questions that's been on my mind:
1. Are there good aftermarket seats for Civic's?
2. Can you buy a Civic Si seat and put it in a different Civic i.e. Touring/LX/Sport?
I've actually never sat in one of the new Si's, but that is interesting to hear that their seats are so much better. It is slightly annoying to buy the Touring which is their top of the line model for the Civic, and it doesn't have adjustable lumbar, especially when the Accord Sport does, and that vehicle is slightly cheaper.

However, I was driving my car basically all weekend and not sure if it's just in my head, but I do feel like perhaps the seats are getting better. Maybe it's a matter of breaking them in? Only time will tell...

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh nice! I like Ken Garff Downtown - I rented an Accord 2.0T Sport from them a few weeks ago and took it on a road trip to CA to avoid putting miles on my new car :) it was awesome... $46 a day with tax and unlimited miles. Only had 55 miles on it when they gave it to me. I'm never taking my car on a road trip again!

Also - Performance Honda will price match parts for me that I find online just FYI. They take shipping into account, but usually saves me a little $$. Saved me about $20 on my new carpet trunk liner.
Ha, never knew they have rental services, I'll have to ask about that next time
And price match!? now I have to discover something new to buy lol

OP
OP
thill123919

thill123919

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Ha, never knew they have rental services, I'll have to ask about that next time
And price match!? now I have to discover something new to buy lol
Definitely check it out - much better deal than going through Avis or similar and I prefer a Honda over really any other reasonably priced rental anyways.

But yeah! I usually look at Honda Parts Online or Honda Parts Now, find what I want, then show it to the guys in the parts dept. and they will price match what the order would have cost me after shipping. Especially good for air filters - I always have them price match the internal cabin air filter and the engine air filter, then install them myself. Wayyy cheaper than having them do it.
Sponsored