New Here? Introduce Yourself!

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Greetings everyone!

Ed here, and I’ve learned a lot as a visitor here for the past two months, and I finally decided to register and contribute any knowledge I have on various topics.

I own a 2019 Civic Type R, and it has been one of the best cars that I have owned. It is a daily driver for me, and enjoy driving it every minute.

As for interests, I like reading about:
- maintenance
- exhaust upgrades
- suspension upgrades

Honestly, this is the one car where I haven’t seen a real need to upgrade any major components - if it’s good enough to track on the Nürburgring from the factory, then it’s good enough for me.

My only upgrade so far has been replacing the stock rear brake lights, turn-signal lights, and backup lights with LEDs from TypeRLEDS (sponsor here), and the interior lights (including the glovebox light) with LEDs.
Sponsored

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 6MT, 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8
Country flag
How's it going everyone? I just got my 2020 sedan Sport this past Sunday at Penske in Ontario, CA. Traded in my 2002 Cadillac DeVille DTS for this one. It's nice to have a manual transmission again! So far,I'm really enjoying this one. Still figuring out all the features on here that my old DeVille didn't have haha

2017touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring (Black on Black); 2018 Mustang GT
Country flag
Hello everyone, I recently bought a 2017 Civic Touring sedan (Black on Black) with 21,000 miles. Its is a CPO car which replaced my 2010 Infiniti G37x sedan. I bought it primarily for commuting as my other fun vehicle is a 2018 Mustang GT.

I really like the car so far, still getting used to the CVT but I am getting a combined 36 MPG which is a huge step-up from my Infiniti which averaged 18-19 MPG for my mixed driving.

WildeFox

Car enthusiast and professional driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Country flag
Hi there! I just joined. I have been visiting this website for some time now but never decided to make an account until now.

SavageOrange

Raise Hell Eat Cornbread
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 BMW S100RR, 2014 Ridgeline Sport
Country flag
Darrell here. Just bough a '20 Si Sedan. Went with the black

This is now my 4th Civic over the years. It's good to be back in a Honda (well for me, the wife drives our Ridgeline).

'06 EX - white
'07 Si (sedan) - white
'13 EX-L - polished metal metallic

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 15C9B375-AA79-4966-BC3C-56FA19CABF67

Last edited:

RBSCivcx

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 89A17FC4-9333-4E6A-AD7B-54509B46DB16
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! FD26B772-0516-43DE-AA5B-A7BC04B88368
Hey all! Just purchased a 2020 Si in black. Previously owned a 2012 Si in red and before that a 95 Civic lx sedan with a LS swap. Looking forward to some mild mods! Also, in the NW Ohio area.

Last edited:

Merk110

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hello, Matthew from Seattle. Just picked a 2020 Civic Si Sedan and its great to be back to the Honda family. I previously drove a troublesome 2006 Lexus IS350 for the past five years and before that I had a 2002 Acura TL. Really looking forward to all the fun i'll have with this car!!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20200131_094137

remix0

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 Ex-T
Country flag
I'm Tap and I'm new, pretty new! my first car is the civic 2017 ex-t for about 2years and some month now. got it late 2017.
Still driving it and trying to learn how to take good care of it as thing comes up.
Happy to be part of the civicx community!

mbntyper

First Name
Mirnes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Wassup guys, new here just bought my 19 Type R 3 weeks ago , I’m from Wethersfield CT. I previously owned a Supercharged AP2 S2000 and as it wasn’t practical anymore I decided next best thing is the Type R. Pics of my S2000 and Type R 3 weeks in.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! D1F93F01-8020-4BDA-AE4F-CB6623152E0F

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 50314B36-F2D7-4392-B004-8B4E257DE35A

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 98DE2009-1E9B-4664-8C01-B8EBC897E4E8

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! E971FC1B-77FB-4CDF-8C8E-CCE377259DB6

EconoBox

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi I'm Josh. I'm in the Tampa. Florida area. I've worked as a Honda parts counter person for over 10 years.

Not new to the Honda family, I've owned more 5th gen Civics than I can count.

I got my wife a 2016 EX-T sedan a few years back and it was a great car I just hated driving a CVT. Traded hers in for an MDX and picked myself up a 2020 SI Sedan for a new daily driver. Can't wait to start modifying it.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! img_6040-

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Hi. I'm Daniel and I'm addict.

Uhh. Wrong meeting. Sorry. :oops:

I am currently a 39-year old, white male, looking for a woman who will just shut up and keep the house clean. A man has two hands so he can hunt, tinker and fix; a woman has two hands to clean and make me a sandwich.
..This isn't misogynists anonymous either? :doh:

I'm Daniel and I own a 2020 Honda Civic Coupe Si. Before following the 2017 Civic Si, I had been following the 2013-2016 Dodge Dart (it's a Dodge-branded, modified Alfa Romeo Giulietta 940 platform, if you don't already know) and was going to get it plated ALFABRED (cool, huh? 'cause it's actually a breed of Alfa) but they stopped production because of some boob programmer that screwed over the perceived reliability in its very first year of production.

The ECU controlling the 1.4L MultiAir engine caused engine shutdowns. MultiAir is an amazing variable cam and lift technology that alters timing as necessary on each individual cylinder and each piston stroke instead of by all cam lobes advancing, retarding, or changing cam profiles (like VTEC) in stages. We will likely see more of by other manufactures in the future. The software bug killed the reliability reports of the 1.4L and ignorant piece of shit media groups destroyed the viability of the FIAT-America market by not withdrawing their initial reports of engine reliability issues or updating the public about it just a software bug. The tiny 1.4L lost the battle and with it a lot of further development of affordable Italian sports car heritage in America, though the FIAT 124 Spider (1.4L MultiAir in a Miata platform and Miata transmission) was trying hard until its production end in 2019. People don't also realize that many of the great engineering achievements we take for granted today were invented by Alfa Romeo. Long live Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Ferrari.. Haters gonna hate people with great hair and have more vacations.. I love Italian motoring heritage because it's so passionate.

But, moving on:

The 10th generation Si came along and it makes more torque and power than the Dart with the same relative fuel economy, and thus I bought one of them instead of a used Dart. I've been harassing some people here for about 3-months. Ah, what I mean to say is, I've been expressing facts some people believe is an opinion. Science is fact, not conjecture. Please stop confusing the two and arguing about it. ;)

Some people take offense very quickly because they think I'm picking on them or telling them off. And that's because I am. It's not personal and if I disagree with you once, it doesn't mean I don't like you. I don't like you because it's the Internet and I don't really know you. Though, I must say there are some people whose comments I like and those are people who apparently don't take this all too seriously and would rather just laugh than be right. If I'm wrong, TFB for me and I will make fun of myself. Most of the time I'm just making fun to lighten the mood, not to take you down. No hard feelings. Unless I turn you on and you do have hard feelings, in which case, you can PM me nudes I will post on 4chan. :D

In seriousness though, I am truck driver who used to be in IT and was repairing 20+ systems per day, overshadowing and embarrassing the rest of the staff where I was working. I started my own business before quitting that job though, where within a short time, a coworker cloned my business website and services. You have to be doing something right when someone just imitates you (read blatantly rips you off). They didn't last anyway and even I had to throw in the towel after 5-years because it was highly saturated with mostly big corporations that do very little for the massive prices and rip off people who don't know any better, so I still couldn't make enough money working 65-hours a week, regardless of trying to educate people and answering their every call and whim while remaining honest. It's been said, "I'm not a bad man. I'm a businessman". I couldn't be either in the face of corporate greed. It just isn't worth the stress and I make so much more money as a driver, so fuck it. :beer:

Some people are flourishing in IT and my hats off to you, ma'ams, sirs and LGTBQIA+ (which means literally Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Bi, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual/Ally and + means everyone else not already mentioned, so we're back to square one by saying everyone). I do support anyone who feels like they're someone else and I don't care what people do that makes them happy, so long as it's not harming other people and other animals, but I still don't accept they want to be "heard" by putting them in a massive group. I don't get it, but rainbow powers to all the flowers. I've got your back, even if I am confused. Haha. Get it? Confused? LOL! Great pun.. I'm not confused, but I have to move on before this gets banned.. I really do support anyone who isn't a dickhead, and even then, sometimes I do, if they're funny.

I completed my AZ truck training with a 96% average and I kick ass at my job every day. I do sometimes swear at other drivers when I'm hauling very heavy, multi-combination loads that will crush you and your car into oblivion, so stop cutting in front of me (and all truck drivers) if you value your life. I neither need to be out of work pending investigation behind your death, nor carry it on my shoulders, be sued for wrongful death by your family because you're an idiot in the wrong. That, friends - if I can use that term - is not a joke. Stop cutting in front of trucks - they will kill you.

I love film, music, stand-up comedy, science and engineering. I disapprove of religion, ignorance and VWs. People know me to be forthright (read asshole), but also mocking everything (read joker), yet not know I have invented an engine design as well as a VCT system, as well as many other things I cannot post details here for obvious reasons.

They say religion is the basis for most conflicts and I believe it's true. If you preach to me, I'm gonna punch you in the mouth. :yes: I hate VWs so much. I hate that VWs are cheap enough for everyone to own, drive like a prick, cut people off and fuck das auto. Das Nazi. They get your support by selling you bullshit, fuck people behind their backs and when you find out, you buy another VW. :banghead: History repeats itself. Stop supporting that shit! :puke:

If you haven't gotten the vibe, I pretty much make fun of everything because those who don't laugh about the absurdity of life will cry about it. :cloud:
Sponsored