New Here? Introduce Yourself!

purpandbass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Civic EXL
Country flag
Just bought a used Civic ext turbo CVT. I love it!!!! The car feels faster than my old eclipse GT 270hp!!!! I know that sounds crazy but its true!!! Thank you guys for having me and allowing me to join the community!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20190802_185338

Bluecoupe777

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi I purchased my Si Coupe last October and have put on about 12,000 miles. It is likely the most practical car I've owned for me, and the fuel economy to me is amazing. I'm planning on keeping my car stock, minus a set of snow tires for winter.

MattFulford

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic coupe
Country flag
Matt from Canada, I have the 2017 coupe lx. Regrets not purchasing the Si, but maybe in the future. Been lurking around for months. Figured it was about time I joined

Derek.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport HB 6MT, 1996 Accord EX 4dr 5MT
Country flag
Hello! My name is Derek. I just bought a 2019 Sport Hatchback 6MT and loving it so far. Going to address the suspension first, then i'll move on to the power upgrades.

Lots of great information here, so I'm looking forward to learning a bunch.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
New (Canadian) owner of a 2019 Hatchback Sport Touring 6-spd (Polished Metal Metallic). Big fan of the Civic in general... learned stick shift on a 1978 hatchback, owned the 1998 and the 2011 sedans. My 2011 was written off following a collision, so this purchase was some 2 years premature... no regrets at all. Lamenting the terrible "premium" audio system, but will tweak that in due course. Cheers.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20190805_115009a

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
Hello everyone!

Just a short introduction: I'm an automotive SW test engineer working in Germany, but I'm from Hungary. I bought an 'almost new' 8 months old Civic 1.5 Turbo SportPlus 5 weeks ago with 2000km in it. My previous car was an 8th Gen Civic 1.8 (Euro) Hatchback in a very nice ionized bronze color, I loved my 8th gen but this goes and handles much better, but I miss the MagicSeats of the old civic.

About the new one (I think it is the same as in the US just with other trim levels and options):
- 1.5 Turbo engine (182 hp)
- 6 Speed MT
- Sliding Sunroof (or moonroof?)
- Lane Keeping assistent
- Collision mitigation system
- Adaptive cruise control
- Heated front seats
- the 'bigger' multimedia display (all 1.5 come with those here)
- 11 speaker sound system (not too good, not too bad)
- adaptive suspension (Normal/Sport mode)
- Sport exhaust system that I dont really like, because it just takes trunk space, but makes no sound at all
- Cross traffic alert
- Automatic windshield wipers
- Full LED automatic headlights (the high beam is just crazy bright... I sometimes have to switch it off because the !traffic signs! next to the road can blind me too)
- TERRIBLE seat material, and tehere is only one option, I'm planning to change it somehow
- Parking sensors and rear camera
- Lane change assist

And here it is parking in the Black Forest (yes, we had a nice ride home):
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 2019-06-24 17.48

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
Been on the forums for a bit now but a little shy. Anyways, bought an 18 SI in May of 2018 and recently picked up an 18 FK8 on June 18th, 2019!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 302D10BB-3828-4392-90EB-BD2164F0AD57

TIEPAR

First Name
Rock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1983 1.5DX
Country flag
Been a member here for a while and haven't seen an intro thread or section so thought I'd kick one off (hope it's ok with the mods/admins).

Like the name says, name's Jack and it's nice to meet you all (virtually)

Hey y’all sorts new to the civic game. I’ve owned all kinds of sports cars but got hooked on civic after my mother n law bought me 1983 dx for $800 w/ 96k. I daily’d that For a year then I got a short some where so it’s been on the injured list for a bit.
Day before yesterday went to the fort Walton Honda dealership to scoop up a type r cuz I like the way they look and I’ve heard VERY little negative issues and again they are pretty and lez be honest they look obnoxious in a good way. Those fools were up charging 9.9k on this thing...at that point i’d just go get a used gt350. Tallahassee has one for 36.6k and I got it with no strings attached. It’s day two with it and it drives like a dream. I’m looking forward to many years with this obnoxiously designed machine. Only thing I do not like is the wheel offset. Other than that I’m very happy.

krtnchls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Hey civicx! I just need your opinion guys. I have a black civic hatch sport and Im planning to vinyl wrap my front grill with satin black but im not sure if it's worth doing since my grill is already gloss black. So is it better to wrap it with satin black vinyl or just stick with the gloss black and just do ceramic coating? Thanks for your replies. Really appreciate it!

Line/Breaker

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.robertleekendrick.net
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Glad to be here -- I picked up a 2019 Civic Sport Hatch this last weekend, black pearl. Loving the pedal placement, the ease of rev matching, the chassis tune and the cavernous boot. When I have a chance I'll post a pic.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20190817_163222

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
I am in the market for a 2016+ Civic. And I'm quite impressed with the Gen-X, everything is just better than the previous generations. Honda has really stepped it up big time.

AquaGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got my 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport with 6sp Manual. Canadian trim baby! Got the moon roof, Car Play, and smart keys. I'm really loving this car so far. It's my first Honda, and I hope she does me right for many years to come.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Hi everyone...on Friday I traded in my BMW 428i with 100k miles on it for a brand new 2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Aegean Blue. Crazy that although the BMW obviously blew away with Civic in terms of power, the Civic actually has way more features and amenities than the bimmer did. I'm super happy with it so far. I feel like I've come full circle...the very first car I ever bought brand new, when I was 21, was a 1993 Honda Accord 5 speed Coupe. I loved that car, and I plan to love this new Honda as well. Nice to meet everyone!

mwanni

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
Hey Everyone!

I'm Mike, bought my 2019 Civic Type R in Sonic Gray Pearl 3 weeks ago and I finally pulled the trigger to join today after lurking for so long. Love the car so much that I've already put on 1,600 miles, tinted it, got a ceramic coating, and ordered a new set of WedsSports and Swift Springs. The picture is the Type R and I after driving over 300 miles to trade in my 2015 Toyota Venza. Never looked Back!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! Me and the R
Sponsored