New Here? Introduce Yourself!

automagic

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Hello, new here from NWGA just purchased a new 17 SI. Got a good deal on it as it was the last 17 left on the lot probably because of color (which I fell in love with). I traded in my 2014 SI with 100k on it that all I had to do was change the oil, tires and breaks. Hoping this new SI gives me the same service. Being that I live in an area that requires no inspection or emissions options are endless.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! B68B3E56-CD4C-447E-96B5-8567AD7F2521
Sponsored

ankhaw

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello, Honda-oids. After a veeerrry long research process, I made the decision of what car would replace my '11 Fit Sport. My brand-spankin' new Rallye Red Hatchback Sport MT sits outside, ready for me to go out and drive it like a grandma. My daughters have named it Lilo, since the Fit (in blue) was named Stitch. (For those who are uninformed on Disney movies, "Lilo and Stitch" is an underrated flick from 2002) If Lilo could talk, she would say, "you know, you CAN drive a bit faster than this, you know." The girls want to get a flower bumper sticker - the character Lilo wears a flowery dress in the movie - but I haven't decided if I approve of this or not.

These forums were a great source of info, helped me in the decision making process and helped confirm that I got a pretty good deal ($21500 drive out). I might invest in a tuner at some point to help make me forget how zippy those GTI's were that I test drove, and I'm sure the forums will help with that decision, also. (so far, I'm completely confused) I know I just wrote that I drive like a grandma, but heck, I like to pass semi trucks on the highway, and I want to pass them with some pep.

So, my first question.. I've heard that Corvette drivers all wave at each other on the road. I tried doing that in my Fit, and it didn't work. Do Civic Sport drivers wave to each other? Just curious.

gxfett47

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Whats up guys. I'm Gustavo from SoCal. Been in the market for an 18 civic HB sport MT so Im hoping I get one soon, in the mean time I've been lurking trying to learn more about the car. In the past I had a 99 civic coupe with a GSR and a 00' Civic Si. Im pretty excited to be back to getting a Honda

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback 2019 Ford Ranger S-crew
Country flag
Hello all!
Wife and I just got a few weeks ago a very nice 2018 Civic EX 5 door.

Last Honda I had the pleasure to own was a 2003 Honda CRV...that was another wife ago however.

This little monster is awesome. I have already read about some of the possible fit issues and I admit I am somewhat concerned as the 5 doors are all made in the UK as I understand it. Still solid but we haven't even broke 750 miles yet. Regardless the last vehicle we owned had a whole host of rattles...especially in the cold (2013 Ford Escape SEL 2.0 EB).

D

Rubysrred

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatchback EX-L
Country flag
New member, just joined yesterday. Live in PA. This is my first Honda. I am hoping to some extremely light modding and just want to learn more about cars in general. :)

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all! I just joined yesterday but have been lurking the forum for the past few weeks! I got my 2018 Hatchback Sport back in February and I'm slowly getting into modifying it. Most of what I plan on doing is cosmetic since it's all I can afford for now (plus the car is financed and I don't want to accidentally void the warranty!). I'm very new to car mods so if I sound like an idiot, it's ok, It's just cause I'm inexperienced, lol! Also, I'm a 28 year old woman (29 later on in the year), I read it was rare to see women on here so I'm glad to represent! Thanks!

Partinrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 1227E8E4-F43D-41CA-B2D0-A37E1F68D6B0
Hey everyone,

Just picked up a 2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt a few days ago and had her tinted today. This is my first Honda, and I must say that I’m in love. I know it isn’t the fastest or greatest looking to everyone, but I absolutely love it. I plan on doing some modest upgrades (exhaust, pipes, intercooler, tune) but those will come in due time. I look forward to learning as much as I can from this forum and you all.

morgantruce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
For many years I was a Subaru guy. I lived in an extremely remote place with a mile-long steep and rough access road which was difficult for a 4-wheel drive much of the year. It was like going up and down a cobblestone stairway. We walked it in the winter! That place ate up a number of Subarus and trucks

Then we moved to town (with good level roads) and bought a new 2015 Honda Fit. I like that Fit so much, I just decided to trade in my last remaining truck and get a 2018 Honda Civic Sedan LX. It has silver paint just like the Fit -- just to keep things interesting. We're picking up the new Civic tomorrow afternoon. There's just one thing I'm wondering about... and maybe you guys can help me. Do you think I'll like the new Civic as much as my old unreliable Chevy S10 with that fuel hungry V6 engine, horrible gas mileage, and assorted mysterious electrical problems?

:doh:

Partinrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6mt
For many years I was a Subaru guy. I lived in an extremely remote place with a mile-long steep and rough access road which was difficult for a 4-wheel drive much of the year. It was like going up and down a cobblestone stairway. We walked it in the winter! That place ate up a number of Subarus and trucks

Then we moved to town (with good level roads) and bought a new 2015 Honda Fit. I like that Fit so much, I just decided to trade in my last remaining truck and get a 2018 Honda Civic Sedan LX. It has silver paint just like the Fit -- just to keep things interesting. We're picking up the new Civic tomorrow afternoon. There's just one thing I'm wondering about... and maybe you guys can help me. Do you think I'll like the new Civic as much as my old unreliable Chevy S10 with that fuel hungry V6 engine, horrible gas mileage, and assorted mysterious electrical problems?

:doh:

If my Honda is 1/10th as reliable as everyone says they are, I’ll be happy (I’m coming from a Ford F-150).

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
Hello everyone! I'm not new here, but it's been about a year. I bought an EX-T back in 2016 and kept it for a year. Last August i traded it on e 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited. What a great car that was with tons of fantastic features.

I wanted something sporty, but not a racecar. Something that i can enjoy daily driving. I decided to pick up a 2018 Civic Si. Just got it today and i really loved driving it this afternoon! I'm glad to be back! :)

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone! I'm not new here, but it's been about a year. I bought an EX-T back in 2016 and kept it for a year. Last August i traded it on e 2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited. What a great car that was with tons of fantastic features.

I wanted something sporty, but not a racecar. Something that i can enjoy daily driving. I decided to pick up a 2018 Civic Si. Just got it today and i really loved driving it this afternoon! I'm glad to be back! :)
Congrats and welcome!!
Sponsored