First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 6MT Sonic Grey Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just ordered a sonic grey hatch with the 6 speed; first honda ever! It should be here in the next week or so. I never in a million years thought I'd buy a honda, let alone be so excited about it getting here haha.
Sponsored

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone!

My name is Vince and I live in Southern California. I recently got a Honda Civic 2017 Hatchback EX in May and I think its awesome :). I browsed around the Civic X forums for a while to look for inspiration/ tutorials for how to mod the car and thought it was about time to make an account and join the community. I don't know much about cars in general but I am eager to learn so excuse me if I don't know even the most obvious stuff! I mostly just wanted to join to say thanks to all those who help out people like me who know nothing :)
3986083529126882445-account_id=1.jpg
Welcome Vince!

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Hi all,

First time Honda owner here. I had a Lancer Ralliart for the past 9 years. It was a great car, fast enough and the AWD was near unstoppable with winter tires on it. But after nearly 140,000 miles, it was time to move on.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20150124_063858772_HDR

Picked up a civic turbo hatch for myself and sedan for my girl a few weeks ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMAG1644

So far, loving the drive. A little down on power and massively down on traction but my days of power sliding around highway ramps and back country roads are over. It will take some time to get used to "wrong wheel drive" but if I drive like a sane person, I figure I'll be ok.

I will miss being able to nail the gas in the snow and rocket off with all 4 wheels clawing away but I won't miss the 22mpg HIGHWAY on premium gas, having to wear ear plugs on my frequent multi-state drives crusing at 90mph, or keeping a piece of gum between my teeth so I don't lose a filling going over a pothole.

slo_hatch

slo_hatch
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So far, loving the drive. A little down on power and massively down on traction but my days of power sliding around highway ramps and back country roads are over. It will take some time to get used to "wrong wheel drive" but if I drive like a sane person, I figure I'll be ok.
Haha I know the feeling on front wheel drive thing. I've never had AWD, but every vehicle I've owned has been rear, so this will be interesting to say the least lol. Congrats on the car! Honda really outdid themselves with this new civic.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
Haha I know the feeling on front wheel drive thing. I've never had AWD, but every vehicle I've owned has been rear, so this will be interesting to say the least lol. Congrats on the car! Honda really outdid themselves with this new civic.
Oh yeah, it looks spacktacular! The hatch is sporty enough looking without being a cop magnet like my old car and the sedan is really refined looking. I went to a wedding in the sedan and it didn't look out of place next to the audi's and bmw's there. I was actually going to buy an audi or bmw initially but then my girl wanted a new car too and I was like, what bae wants, bae gets!

slo_hatch

slo_hatch
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh yeah, it looks spacktacular! The hatch is sporty enough looking without being a cop magnet like my old car and the sedan is really refined looking. I went to a wedding in the sedan and it didn't look out of place next to the audi's and bmw's there. I was actually going to buy an audi or bmw initially but then my girl wanted a new car too and I was like, what bae wants, bae gets!
It's definitely not very civic-like. Of course, it's also not civic-priced anymore either haha. And lucky lady! Now y'all almost match, without being too cliche.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
It's definitely not very civic-like. Of course, it's also not civic-priced anymore either haha. And lucky lady! Now y'all almost match, without being too cliche.
I was actually aiming to have matching cars haha. The sedan and hatch have slightly different hues in the dark gray. Now I just have to mess with the headlights because the stock lights SUCK.

slo_hatch

slo_hatch
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was actually aiming to have matching cars haha. The sedan and hatch have slightly different hues in the dark gray. Now I just have to mess with the headlights because the stock lights SUCK.
No kidding. That's one of the first things I'm going to do after tint: headlights and speakers.

ssmith

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Toyota 4Runner, 90 Civic SI, 17 Civic SI
Country flag
Hi, I am Sam from CT. Been a honda enthusiast since highschool. I have had many modified and built 90s hondas and acuras. I also have 10 years experience as a honda/acura technician. Just put a down payment on a new si, just waiting on delivery. Hopefully I can lend some insight on some official honda technical information needed.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Hi, I am Sam from CT. Been a honda enthusiast since highschool. I have had many modified and built 90s hondas and acuras. I also have 10 years experience as a honda/acura technician. Just put a down payment on a new si, just waiting on delivery. Hopefully I can lend some insight on some official honda technical information needed.
CVT warm start grinding noise? Keyless entry/walk-away auto-lock problems? Why does the head unit interface suck balls?

Asking in all due respect. ;) :)

(I'm only on my fourth Honda spread across 27 years, so I don't have nearly as much build experience)

ssmith

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Toyota 4Runner, 90 Civic SI, 17 Civic SI
Country flag
CVT warm start grinding noise? Keyless entry/walk-away auto-lock problems? Why does the head unit interface suck balls?

Asking in all due respect. ;) :)

(I'm only on my fourth Honda spread across 27 years, so I don't have nearly as much build experience)
There is a service bulletin for the grinding noise. Bring it to the dealer and they will replace the valve body. The keyless entry stuff is so sensitive its hard to determine if its actually at fault. Honda touch interfaces have been poor since the 2013 accord.....it seems to always hurt them when new cars are being reviewed also.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Honda touch interfaces have been poor since the 2013 accord.....it seems to always hurt them when new cars are being reviewed also.
I'll send them my resume and offer to work on it. ;)

It's disappointing when magazine reviews say so many good things about the car and then crush the touchscreen interface. It was enough to temper Consumer Reports' recommendation, too. Frankly, I'm glad I can do almost anything I need by using CarPlay instead.

Inb4zombies

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'll send them my resume and offer to work on it. ;)

It's disappointing when magazine reviews say so many good things about the car and then crush the touchscreen interface. It was enough to temper Consumer Reports' recommendation, too. Frankly, I'm glad I can do almost anything I need by using CarPlay instead.
My civic hatch is the first CarPlay compatible car I've had and wow what a great feature!

Inb4zombies

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Hi I'm Josh from northern California. I'm leasing a 2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring in SGP color. Just picked it up 4 days ago. I love this car inside and out. The unique styling is just what I was looking for. It's my first import car and my first CVT as well. I'm very excited for the next 3 years!

Here are my boys checking out the new car:
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! aukB18E

kennu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch 2017 1.5 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi Again, My recent post was a littlebit boring :) But I can change that. My Car is 1.5T Hatch Sport, Rally Red color and lives in Estonia.
Plans for my civic: I`m going on Car Show this September with civic and made my plans to tune it as a Transformer civic. Carbon details/dashboard, custom vent knobs, black decals, black roof and some fancy led lightning.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20232248_117412372223828_3507531729473919378_o-001

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! Motoshow