New Here? Introduce Yourself!

cjar17

_cjar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring // Lunar Silver Metallic | 2001 Lexus IS300 // Onyx Black | 1994 Honda Civic Accord Coupe
Hey Guys, my name is Christian. Used to have a 94 Honda Accord Coupe, and then left the family for a bit, but just purchased a 2016 Honda Civic Touring in Lunar Silver Metallic. Hoping to see a lot of good DIY's, updates, and some clean set ups as more of the community and vendors start to pour in. Happy Holidays everyone.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_2508.JPG
Sponsored

BLKonBLK'16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16blkCIV '69nomad,'90toy4x4
Country flag
old man here with my second civic. i'm from SoCal and retired. my first civic was an '85. after looking at a scion TC and IM I spied that the new 16 civic had about 20 more horses now. finding a LX with the 6 spd in black with the black interior and well the rest is now history. 150 miles now and counting

Brettjod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hello. My name is Brett. I'm from Okotoks Alberta and just recently I traded in my 2014 F150 for a 2016 Honda Civic LX to save some money in these hard times. So far I'm liking it. I owned a 1990 acura integra about 10 years ago and it's the first time since owning an import. Hopefully it ends up being a good car.

hondabuildquality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hello, I'm new here.

I'm happy to have found such a vibrant and interested community here.

Every Honda car or motorcycle I've owned has been exceptionally reliable, and so they have really earned my loyalty.

Thanks for having me

GXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T W/ Sensing
JJ here, from Ohio. Extremely satisfied with my EX-T+ - the sport mode on the Turbo really surprised me, I was expecting some lag, but virtually there is none. This is my first actual Honda that I've owned, but I have been driving them for years. Really happy to see a community such as this, that exists.

Grambles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic Si
Grambles here. And I'll be honest, I have an agenda. I want to bring as much technical discussion here as I did on GolfMK6.

I'm an automotive engineer and praise excellent hearty discussion. I enjoy vehicles inside and out from customer jobs to manufacturing principles.

I've owned a 06 LX Coupe, 2011 CRV (wife's car) and now a 2015 Si. I originally was in a 2008 GTI but was plaques with constant issues. I had over 360hp in the thing and it just couldn't match the reliability I was looking for on a day to day basis.

I'm eagerly awaiting the TypeR.

Golf6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK6 Golf
Grambles here. And I'll be honest, I have an agenda. I want to bring as much technical discussion here as I did on GolfMK6.

I'm an automotive engineer and praise excellent hearty discussion. I enjoy vehicles inside and out from customer jobs to manufacturing principles.

I've owned a 06 LX Coupe, 2011 CRV (wife's car) and now a 2015 Si. I originally was in a 2008 GTI but was plaques with constant issues. I had over 360hp in the thing and it just couldn't match the reliability I was looking for on a day to day basis.

I'm eagerly awaiting the TypeR.
Grambles! I thought I recognized that name from Golfmk6.

Welcome to the site it's good to have you here. We're in store for some good technical discussions folks :thumbsup:

ARHondaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New to this forum...just bought my 2016 Civic Touring about a month ago. This may be my favorite car yet! I traded my 2013 Accord EX-L in for this and love it!

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New to this forum...just bought my 2016 Civic Touring about a month ago. This may be my favorite car yet! I traded my 2013 Accord EX-L in for this and love it!
People have compared the 2016 size to the Accord. Are you finding it much lower. How about people and trunk space?

ARHondaChick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can tell a difference in the cabin - it certainly feels more compact and has the "butt lower to the ground" feel. I haul my niece around a lot and so there's a car seat that stays in my car. That's when you really start feeling the difference between the Accord and Civic. :)
Strangely, my friends that ride with me the most say they can't really tell the difference other than they love the car more than my Accord.
Trunk space is definitely comparable - edge going to the Civic.

Grambles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic Si
Grambles! I thought I recognized that name from Golfmk6.

Welcome to the site it's good to have you here. We're in store for some good technical discussions folks :thumbsup:
What was your s/n over there? Good to see a fellow MK6er

Mebad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
First post after just finding this site....hopefully the first of many.
Picked up a 4 door LX model 3 weeks ago in Mississauga...beauty car.
Replaced 2002 model, what an upgrade.
Happy new year everyone!
MB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Metallic Civic Touring
Country flag
First post and first Honda for us. We ran by a local dealer today to check out the touring model and see if they would haggle any.

Showing the sales person the prices "online" in the Chicago area and the Virginia area, they worked with us and came up with a satisfactory price we could live with.

After test driving the car, it was sold! The experience was very pleasant overall, much unlike when we were checking out a Prius...

I never really thought that we would come home with a new car today, but, it happened. A very pretty 2016 Aegean Blue Metallic Touring!

I spent a while in the garage after getting it home going through all the settings I could find and making the best decisions I could with my limited knowledge of the car...

I do love the LED headlights, a keeper!

Hog

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First post after just finding this site....hopefully the first of many.
Picked up a 4 door LX model 3 weeks ago in Mississauga...beauty car.
Replaced 2002 model, what an upgrade.
Happy new year everyone!
MB
Welcome and congratulations. Be sure to check the Ontario forum every now and then.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome Hogmemberisol, great choice with the Touring and yes there is a lot of stuff to discover. Unusual handle. Have anything to do with Harley's?
Sponsored