New Here? Introduce Yourself!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello,
Delirious here. I've been a long time Honda owner from 3Geez to 6th Gen. Now I'm happy to have a X gen. I recently got my 2017 Hatchback Sport and wanted to connect with X gen community.
Sponsored

b0j4ngl35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Hey everyone!

Name's Justin, I live in Grand Forks, ND. Just picked up my ABP 2017 Civic EX Hatch on Friday after finding out our local dealer was running a 20% off MSRP deal for two days only :confused1: Was going to wait for Spring to come around and use tax/bonus money as a down payment, but if the local Honda dealer was willing to drop that much off the tag...yeah I took advantage of it!

Had been considering either the Civic hatch or Subaru Crosstrek (AWD FTW) but after driving both, had to go with the Civic. Way better looking, and too much fun to drive, even being a non-Si model. I'd been missing my 2008 Mugen Si and this has helped alleviate that a bit, even though it's a CVT lol. Also, this was my first *new* car purchase, and I feel like I made a pretty great choice.

Looking forward to learning as much as I can about the car!

DeftSalmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Greetings from Alberta, Canada!

Long time lurker, figured id create an account since i had some questions to pose to this fine forum.

Picked up a Civic Hatchback LX late October and im loving it! I swear im the only one in my town with this car. I owned a '91 hatch back in the late 90's and loved every second of it. Been waiting for another HB ever since.

Things done so far: all chrome has been dipped black

Future mods: catch can, k&n filter, some nice 5-spoke 18" rims.

Hope y'all drive safe

kunalca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hello! Kunal here from Toronto, Canada. I just purchased a Honda Civic EX-T and am loving it!! Hoping to learn more about the car and to share and contribute. Thanks!

PA19335

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Hey everyone,

Anthony here from Downingtown, PA. Long time lurker on here and decided to come out of the closet. I've been a Honda guy since 1989 when I bought my first Honda CRX HF from Scott Honda in West Chester, PA. I just bought my 4th Honda...2016 Civic Touring Sedan last month. I am having fun on here reading all the helpful comments.

Last edited:

rpetersen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey All,

New owner of a 2017 Hatch Sport Sonic Gray Pearl.

Look forward to reading up on what can be done to this car, and what others have to say.

Thanks
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 17 Hatch Sport

inexhaustible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Hello! I just bought my first Honda, the Hatchback Sport, Manual, Sonic Pearl. I love it so far, 504 miles in. My last vehicle was a Mercedes C230 Sport manual, which I loved and put through 150k miles, until it became too expensive to maintain.

I like to drive but I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast. That said, I have one issue with my new Civic- I am thinking about replacing the driver's seat. I feel like I am slipping forward in it, and it doesn't "hug" me like my last car did. I would consider a complete replacement though I would prefer some sort of a seat cover that has added support behind the knees. I guess it is hard to explain. Does anyone else feel this? Any suggestions for a good new seat that isn't more than $350 or so? One of the great things I have heard about Hondas is how easy they are to modify, I think this would be a good place to start.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

dahoe54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi guys. just joined. proud owner of a 2017 civic hatch ex, looking forward to getting helpful advice from everyone, will be soon posting pics in the garage section :)

EXT604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXT
Hey! Brian here from Vancouver, Canada. Purchased a '16 Lunar Silver EX-T 6 weeks ago and am obsessed. I don't intend to do any crazy mods but I'm definitely looking at:

- 18" aftermarket wheel / tire setup (keep the OEMs for winter & resale)
- clear sidemarkers
- LED headlight bulb
It's so hard for me to not do too much to it and take away from Gen X.

My family is slowly converting back to Honda. Dad will be picking up a '17 Ridgeline Touring in a few months.

javi7t8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Trans Am, 2019 Sport Hatchback LSM
Country flag
Hey Guys!

Javi from Texas, and I'm the first to switch from a muscle car to ( hopefully very soon) 4 cyclinder turbo. Love the look of the hatchback sport, can't wait to get my hands on one.

maiconBR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport BR
Hello, I'm from Brazil and I have a Brazilian 2017 Civic sedan sport. I got the car on 25 november and found here lots of information and upgrades for my car. I hope I can exchange a lot of information. Sorry to write something wrong, my English is not so good!
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! WhatsApp Image 2016-11-26 at 15.50.35

cFit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L, 2015 Ford Edge Titanium, 2014 Ford Escape Titanium (Winter Car)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Everyone, Brian here in Lombard IL. Drove Nissans for the past 10yrs, but no more!!! now its TEAM HONDA!!

I test drove all the trim levels at 5 different Chicago area dealerships was negotatiting on these cars for a while and finally. For some reason I preferred the seats in the EX-L and the wheels on the EX-L over the touring trim.

Just Bought a Black/Black during Black Friday Chicago Sale 2017 EX-L.
Car was delivered to the dealer just two days ago.

I LOVE THIS CAR, very very pleased.

Also very thankful that Honda produced such an Exciting, Sporty sedan that fits in my budget and also won North American Car of the Year!

I cleaned up the garage and dug up an old car cover.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_1327

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_1350

Tbaggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX SI,2017 Sport Hatchback 6 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everybody! Tony 38 from Orange County CA.

Just picked up a 2017 sport Hatchback with the 6 speed manual.

New to civic x but not to forums.

This is my 10th Honda and so far my favorite.

Look forward to being active in this forum.

Here's a pic of the car in the showroom.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! img_2381-

Civicfan-J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Hi folks. Newby here to say hi & converse with other Civic owners. I've got a leased 2016 Civic LX that i really like. I'm retired & don't drive as much as i used to. This is my third Civic. Bought a used 2008 coupe and drove it until it was apparent that repairing it would be uneconomical. Then i leased an LX and turned it in w/ 18k miles on it. Like i say, i don't drive very much. I drove it to Fl. and got 43mpg driving south but 39 / 40 coming back. City driving was much lower, like 26 to 28. My new Civic is just getting broken in and I'm delighted w/ my mileage. On a trip to northern Mi. I was getting over 40 in mixed driving and on the return i watched it more carefully due to hwy. only conditions and was amazed to get 48.6 ! I love it. Right now in a mixed city & freway driving I'm getting 31.7 from my last tank. I checked the onboard mileage indicator with actual gas purchased & miles driven & they're spot on. My only gripe with the car is that the low tire pressure light comes on due to low ambient tempertures. Maybe someone in the group can offer some guidance for optimum tire pressures.
Sponsored