New Here? Introduce Yourself!

Hijinx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Hi y'all... My names Isaac. I just leased an LX in Taffeta White. It's primary duty will be a DD to keep the miles off my Fiesta ST... Does that seem odd? My Fiesta is HIGHLY modded and now, I'm having a built engine, new clutch and even bigger turbo installed. I should receive the car next week. I should have a cage done but...meh. Anyway, I picked the LX up in CVT to ward off the need to mod. I'll probably do wheels and Continental DWS 06 tires, swap the chrome grille out, or wrap it, maybe wrap the roof, and tint it. I'll be here to keep up on issues that may arise, warranty work done and TSBs that may come out.

If anyone is interested in my Fiesta build, I'd love to share more about it.

Forgot pictures...
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! ima

jaykan2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Vehicle Showcase
How is everyone?

My names Jay and I'm from Sydney Australia.

New to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. I had only very recently picked up my Civic RS and loving it so far. Previous car was a 2010 Ralliart Lancer but regardless of the power difference and 4WD ability, the civic was more than enough to keep me smiling. Fuel efficiency has also been great averaging to approx 35% more Km's per tank and on 35% less fuel after 3 fills.

Would love to get modding soon but waiting for the likes of Cusco and other JDM companies to start releasing products "down under". Would also like to upgrade the audio but for now the "premium" sound system will do after fixing the terrible rattling in the rear parcel shelf with a pair of new socks :p (pretty sure i got that advise from this forum).

Headed to wine country next week so will make sure i take some better pics with the SLR but this happy snap with an iPhone is all I have for now.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 13523900_10153761074766267_403032351_o

ltmikepowell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Accord Sedan LX V6, 12 Civic Sedan LX, 14 Accord Sedan LX, 16 Civic Sedan EX-L w Sensing
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 13523900_10153761074766267_403032351_o
Hello everyone,

My name is Nguyen and I'm from Westminster, CA.

I bought an WOP EX-L with Sensing/Ivory interior on July 4th to replaced a 04 Accord V6. Before getting the 16' Civic, I've been driving a 12' Civic LX/sometimes 14' Accord LX, and the new 10th gen is much improvement in every aspect. The CVT/Turbo combination is much better than 5AT/1.8L (and I drove a lot of freeway in SoCal and the lack of power of the 2012 is noticeable), infotainment system is superior with AA/Carplay. I'm probably gonna replaced the stock FT140 with DWS06 to improve the handling :). I just wish that Michelin PSS is available for the Civic because there is no snow in SoCal most of the time unless going to Big Bear.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! dOxPrj1

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Tony here Picked up my black pearl civic ex-t coupe May 24th approx 1800 miles now, love this car fun to drive, lots of compliments, few ups more to come :)

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20160708_114306

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20160708_114321

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20160708_114337

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! civic

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Hey everyone, just bought an EX-T Sedan in Cosmic Blue Wednesday! Loving the car so far, rides great! Traded in my 06 Accord coupe for it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic EX
Hey, Everyone...

Been lurking for a couple of weeks now. I just inherited my wife's '09 Civic which has about 118K on it. I haven't really had to drive locally until my new job, as my previous one had me traveling most of the time, and I was able to work the rest of the time at home. Both kids are in college and drive. But now the new job has a 100 mile commute 3 days a week and a 50 mile commute the other two days. So I'm trying to convince myself I need a new car. The Civic runs fine and probably will for a while. It's kind of ugly now with peeling paint, etc. The main advantage is that it's a car with hardly any psychic load. I don't worry about it at all. If it gets scratched or dinged, it just doesn't matter.

So I don't NEED a new car, but want one, and I never thought what I wanted would be a Civic, but here we are. Deciding between the EX-L or the Touring in either White or Burgundy Night Pearl, but I will say that Energy Green Couple is really hard to resist. Trying to decide whether to just wait it out for a while, let the 17s come out so all the early adopter bugs are gone. I've been obsessively reading the Problems and Issues thread, which obviously doesn't help.

Anyway, glad to be here. Lots of great info on this forum.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, Everyone...

Been lurking for a couple of weeks now. I just inherited my wife's '09 Civic which has about 118K on it. I haven't really had to drive locally until my new job, as my previous one had me traveling most of the time, and I was able to work the rest of the time at home. Both kids are in college and drive. But now the new job has a 100 mile commute 3 days a week and a 50 mile commute the other two days. So I'm trying to convince myself I need a new car. The Civic runs fine and probably will for a while. It's kind of ugly now with peeling paint, etc. The main advantage is that it's a car with hardly any psychic load. I don't worry about it at all. If it gets scratched or dinged, it just doesn't matter.

So I don't NEED a new car, but want one, and I never thought what I wanted would be a Civic, but here we are. Deciding between the EX-L or the Touring in either White or Burgundy Night Pearl, but I will say that Energy Green Couple is really hard to resist. Trying to decide whether to just wait it out for a while, let the 17s come out so all the early adopter bugs are gone. I've been obsessively reading the Problems and Issues thread, which obviously doesn't help.

Anyway, glad to be here. Lots of great info on this forum.
Haven't had any problems with mine yet. T he marshmellow update my android phone got seemed to fix the little issue I had with the bluetooth..other than that all been good. I got my coupe last half of April and I have just over 2,000 miles on it..love driving it in the S mode..wicked fun the coupe is.:D:);)

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Haven't had any problems with mine yet. T he marshmellow update my android phone got seemed to fix the little issue I had with the bluetooth..other than that all been good. I got my coupe last half of April and I have just over 2,000 miles on it..love driving it in the S mode..wicked fun the coupe is.:D:);)
I also have not have problems with my 2016 Touring. I find the Touring is an amazing vehicle but it seems you would be wise until the 2017s are out then compare. It may be that at that time the 2016s on the lot will be discounted.

NearZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS 10th Gen
Greetings from Australia. Been reading the forum for sometime fielding information on the 10th Gen before it hit our shores. Has been on sale now for around a month, our version made in Thailand. Purchased what is known as the RS in Modern Steel. Will get around to posting some pics and listing differences between the US and Australian models.

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Greetings from Australia. Been reading the forum for sometime fielding information on the 10th Gen before it hit our shores. Has been on sale now for around a month, our version made in Thailand. Purchased what is known as the RS in Modern Steel. Will get around to posting some pics and listing differences between the US and Australian models.
Did you buy snow tires since it's winter down under?

CIVicALIZED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda NC750X DCT motorcycle. 2016 Honda Civic EX-HS MSM
Country flag
wow. love the green coupe. Too bad the sedan doesnt have that color option.

as for me. I joined up a week ago. Since May 2016 i had been researching and searching for a car. Cars on the list were Nissan Micra and Versa.
Mazda 3. Toyota Corolla S and Yaris. Honda Fit. Chevrolet Spark. Sonic. Ford Fiesta. Hyundai Elantra.

in the end i kept coming back to Honda. I wanted a quality car that looked upscale and would last a long time with minimal maintenance issues.
So i settled in on the Honda Civic. Debated for a few weeks if i wanted plain EX or EX HS. I also wanted to stay with Honda to complete my set.
I have a 2016 Honda NC750X DCT motorcycle. So nice to have a Honda car and bike :)

I got many email quotes from all the Honda dealers in the area. I checked reviews of the dealers. I went in cold just to check the atmosphere of the dealers
without letting on i am buying. Was amazed at how many dealerships would not even talk to me or ask if i wanted help.

On Saturday July 09 2016 i went to a top rated dealer near home. The main concern with this dealer was location. It is in a city area but is ~25km from home
with poor public transit access. Important if i have to leave car for service. But this dealer will give you a loaner if you book in advance so a plus. Second is there
is a new "sky train" (Subway) line opening in early 2017. One of the stations is literally right at the driveway entrance to this dealer.

So i took a test ride (i had already been in car with other dealers) in a White (WOP) EX-HS. Went on a nice long varied route. Got to play with some of the HS features.
Back at dealer we worked out a price. His first price was insane high. Armed with the emails from other dealers i showed him the better offers. Worked out a price
i could live with.

so i put down a deposit on a 2016 Honda EX-HS MSM. Did not have one on the lot but said it would arrive this week. I made it a condition that i would not buy the car
if the build date was between Sept 2015 to Feb 2016 (the dreaded circlip recall range)

i pick up the car in a week or two. looking forward to it. love the car.

OXC1632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL
Country flag
Hello everyone!

My name is Oscar and I'm from the So Cal area. I just joined today. I stumbled upon this forum when I was doing research while looking into buying a new car. The pricing info from here helped me negotiate a great deal on my Honda! My last car was totaled about a month ago in an accident where a pickup truck smashed my trunk into the back seats! Was originally looking to buy a 2016 Honda Fit EX-L but when I test drove the 10th gen Civic I knew I needed to have it! I am the proud owner of a 2016 Honda Civic EX-L with the 1.5 Turbo in White Orchid Pearl, had to hunt down the black leather interior as everyone had it with the ivory. It is a joy to drive! I'm here now to learn from you all different ways to make this car my own. Happy to meet you all!

Last edited:

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hello everyone!

My name is Oscar and I'm from the So Cal area. I just joined today. I stumbled upon this forum when I was doing research while looking into buying a new car. The pricing info from here helped me negotiate a great deal on my Honda! My last car was totaled about a month ago in an accident where a pickup truck smashed my trunk into the back seats! Was originally looking to buy a 2016 Honda Fit EX-L but when I test drove the 10th gen Civic I knew I needed to have it! I am the proud owner of a 2016 Honda Civic EX-L with the 1.5 Turbo in White Orchid Pearl, had to hunt down the black leather interior as everyone had it with the ivory. It is a joy to drive! I'm here now to learn from you all different ways to make this car my own. Happy to meet you all!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! {filename}
Enjoy the posts. The one piece of advice I will offer is don't chrome it up too much. The car is beautiful but "tarting" it up with a lot of chrome cheapens the look.
Sponsored