First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic
Country flag
Great idea Jack!

I'm Randy, I became a member to follow along with the developments of the Civic X. I was hoping to get a new Si when it came out, but my car was totaled a few months back and ended up getting a 2015 Si. I leased it in hopes I can do an early trade and get into a new Si if it's a big improvement.

Nice to meet you all!
Nice to meet you too Randy
Sponsored

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
:wave: Just found this thread. As yall can see I just joined a few days ago. Picked up my CTR last weekend. I've already learned a lot from just reading and searching the threads. :thumbsup:

boca202

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hi everybody, my name is Fred. Just bought a 2016 EX-T with 38K. Just did engine and cvt oil and coolant. Any other maintenance item that on your experience is a must? basic mods?Thank you alll.

Jose3rd

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
Hey there, everyone! My name is JosƩ and I've owned my 2020 Civic Hatchback EX-L since December 2020, but hadn't heard about this site until recently. (And then after joining, we seemed to have a long stretch of rainy weather which prevented me from getting the car a good wash for taking photos :)).

My Hatch is the second Civic I've owned... I was the owner of an 8th Gen EX-L Sedan that I bought in 2007. I loved that little car... it wasn't especially sporty, but it did look nice for a small sedan, it was a peppy car, and it was incredibly reliable and trouble-free (except for the sun visors - nearly any 8th Gen owner can tell you about that ;)). I've never felt an attachment to a car before like I did that one. Weird, perhaps, but I suspect that many Civic owners here on this site can relate to it. :) Anyway, that enjoyment was what led me to purchase my new Civic, but this time, with the kids off to college, I opted for the sportier hatchback. And I'm just as happy with my new Civic as I was with my 2007.

My 2020 is Platinum White Pearl with the Ivory Leather interior. Since I live in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, I wanted a light interior because of the heat. When my dealer traded for this particular vehicle, the original dealer had already applied a few accessories on it (primarily the Honda splash guards, clear door edge film, and door handle film). Since I bought it I've made a few trivial mods and added accessories to the car, but I'm not planning on anything too radical. I like the clean, yet angular lines of the 10th Gen Hatch as it is, for the most part. Where I am looking to invest my money in the future is in the sound system.

Here's what I have added and installed since I bought the car:

1. Body side molding
2. Red OEM front and rear badges (they look great on the white car)
3. Exhaust tips (if there's one thing I didn't like about the EX-L trim line, it was not having the center-mounted exhaust)
4. OEM cargo tray
5. OEM rear seat back protector
6. Center console organizer
7. Door sill scuff guard appliques - carbon fiber style
8. Cup holder inserts
9. Red aluminum climate control knob rings

What I am still planning on purchasing at some point in the future:

1. Smoke side markers
2. LED replacement bulbs
3. OEM rear bumper applique
4. OEM all-season floor mats
5. OEM gloss black Civic emblem (might Plasti-Dip the existing emblem instead... haven't decided)
6. OEM red lower door trim (considering this, but it may not be possible for the EX-L)
7. Installing DynaMat or other sound-dampening material
8. Replacing the OEM speakers with better quality component speakers
9. Adding an amplifier
10. Having a custom low-profile subwoofer and enclosure added in the rear where the Sport Touring subwoofer is normally located)

I plan on driving this car for a long time, and so I look forward to tweaking it and making it even more of a joy to drive in than it already is. :)

BTW, really like this site! I've already seen quite a bit of great and helpful information. I look forward to getting to chat with many of you more!

Here are a few photos!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! image07

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! image08

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! image04

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! image05

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! image03

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! image13

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! image16

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! image12

KootenayCivic

First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
Hi Guys, my name is Lorne and this coming Saturday I pick up my new-to-me 2016 LX 6MT with only 65,000 km, or just over 40,000 miles. It comes with the upgraded 7" head unit and the extra controls on the steering wheel, as well as heated front seats (EX-T option?). I can hardly wait. It's impeccable and was clearly someone's baby. Only 1 owner before myself.

I look forward to learning lots here and seeing all your great rides.

Cheers!

ItsJanHi

First Name
Jan Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe, '18 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
Country flag
Aloha,

Just bought my wife a used 2018 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T with 21,400 miles. We're a young couple and this is her first car. I drive a lifted 2018 Tacoma Offroad 4x4 with 34" tires so driving this little coupe is really fun. Mods to come soon.

The car came with this interesting vynil wrap.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! received_349485520161039

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20210808_193241

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Houston Texas here also, been into cars for a loooooong time, I currently have a 2021 Boost Blue Type R, got some mods! been a short time member but love the site.

DadBodReppin

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everyone,

My name is Mark and I am new to the forum. About two weeks ago I purchased my 2021 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT. It was suppose to be a work commuter car however, I have already started throwing some mods on it (PRL intercooler and Cobra CAI, Fahren LED 6500k headlights, 3m ceramic 15% tint on all windows with 50% on windshield, and LED side markers). I plan on throwing in a KTuner v2 along with front pipe, downpipe and Borla exhaust.

So much for a commuter car. Well it still will be just a faster one!

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited:

pac7yak

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX
Country flag
Wasup everyone. Sorry posting from mobile.
I got about a month with my 2018 2.0 lx cvt sedan (booo I no) found this thread looking for power mods (we need more for the 2.0) I had a b16 89 crx many years ago(never boosted it and I regret it ) I also had a eg auto that last all but 2 weeks( tranny blew while trying to pull race my boy lol).
I definitely no Iā€™ll be doing visual mods since itā€™s ā€œcheaper and easier (family man and wayyy to many expenses) already have some led low .n will be getting highs soon.
Cosmetically I no I will be doing fogs assembly, tints, Crome delete, and possible led all round. Rims n tires Iā€™m hesitant since I can only street park n last thing I need is finding my car on blocks lol.
I enjoy al builds and seeing what other people do to get some ideas

Attachments

PingPong

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Josh here! Jacksonville Florida! Iā€™ve always wanted a Civic SI as my first car to play around with! Iā€™m stoked to be an owner of a used 2017 Civic SI Coupe! Now I just need suggestions on where to start and how to get started! I hope to learn a lot from everyone and possibly make friends! Take care!

Dougall91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Ryan here from Toronto Canada . Iā€™m new to all this but canā€™t wait to learn and talk to others who can help me out making my car look great. Iā€™ve had a 2020 civic hatchback sport for a little over a year now and Iā€™m really itching to get some more work done. Iā€™ve already added an aftermarket type r spoiler, painted calipers, an amp a 10inch sub and some other little things also. Looking to do more over time, lots more aha and canā€™t wait for ideas and help along the way.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 932E4080-8F7E-4C00-800A-7B975A712422
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! B714B37C-6401-4266-A21A-DC645952412D
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 2A5313ED-4517-4972-9BCE-190F62FFA258
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 4EE430B8-4CC5-4A5A-A0F7-126ABC8C6F20

Ripsaw

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Type-R, 2005 Frontier NISMO, 2020 Tacoma
Country flag
Greetings from Columbus Ohio! Currently piloting a 2021 SGP Type-R. No performance mods yet as I have only had her for 2 months. New 18" Apex EC7's going on this week and just had my tint installed. Looking forward to reading and participating in the forums. Thank you Admin's for allowing me to join.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! arrrrr

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Ryan here from Toronto Canada . Iā€™m new to all this but canā€™t wait to learn and talk to others who can help me out making my car look great. Iā€™ve had a 2020 civic hatchback sport for a little over a year now and Iā€™m really itching to get some more work done. Iā€™ve already added an aftermarket type r spoiler, painted calipers, an amp a 10inch sub and some other little things also. Looking to do more over time, lots more aha and canā€™t wait for ideas and help along the way.
932E4080-8F7E-4C00-800A-7B975A712422.jpeg
B714B37C-6401-4266-A21A-DC645952412D.jpeg
2A5313ED-4517-4972-9BCE-190F62FFA258.jpeg
4EE430B8-4CC5-4A5A-A0F7-126ABC8C6F20.jpeg
Welcome! There's a big group of us in the GTA :)

https://www.instagram.com/10thgenclub/

Nemesai285

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Hello everyone and thanks for allowing me in your group. My name is Joshua from Cleveland, OH and I've been a civic owner twice. First one I bought brand new was the 2005 Civic VP Sedan in black. Has been an absolute reliable and pleasant car to drive and own. About a month ago, it finally had to be parked due to corroded brake lines and needs engine maintenance. I don't have the heart to get rid of it but since in need of a car, decided to buy a new one. Was originally gonna get the 2019 Civic LX in black but cost-wise came out too high. Saw this blue beauty calling me out so snagged a 2016 Civic EX. Got it with only 43k miles and for $17k, was a fair deal to me. Would love a 5 or 6 speed but couldn't locate any except for the 2020 Type-R Limited Edition yellow at the dealer.

Doing a fair deal of research, I see there isn't much solid mods for this car. Basic bolt-ons w/ the ktuner, some suspension and brakes, too be expected. The engine I feel is still too new for there to be significant development of performance for it but I don't think it will be impossible to see something from the 2.0 n/a. I had been thinking of possible mods that could be done by experimentation:

- centrifugal supercharger w/ tuned cams
- swapping the older k20's in for a wider range of performance abilities
- swapping out the CVT for a 6 speed
- dual center exhaust using the stock EX bumper without the stock diffuser, trim the diffuser mounting holes on the bumper for a cleaner look

I'm not looking for much power gains with how it is now since its my daily and based on my previous cars I've owned, this is the most luxurious and powerful car so far lol and I'm happy. Budget will be tight for awhile but always looking to improve and personalize to my taste.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20210903_120145860_HDR
Sponsored