Djfoxsr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R White
Country flag
Honestly I would stay stock for the cars longevity if it’s truly never been modded. If it has been previously modded a custom tune will go a long way for making the car that much more fun for little cost. If it hasn’t been modded do some custom cosmetic changes to make it your own. Just my opinion there are plenty of mods to consider depending on your final goals. You must always have the end goal in mind when modding.
I can’t leave well enough alone. I don’t plan on getting stupid with it. I will probably end up with a few basic bolt ons like exhaust/whatever and a tune. I want it to last of course, but it’s not the only one in town, so gotta do a little something to it.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Been a member for a few years from when I bought a new Si in 2018. Never really did any modding other than custom stereo. That said, I finally just got the car I wanted back then. Just picked up a 2018 Type R with 25k on it. Time to start hitting the forum for mod ideas.
A nice upgrade, congrats!

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can’t leave well enough alone. I don’t plan on getting stupid with it. I will probably end up with a few basic bolt ons like exhaust/whatever and a tune. I want it to last of course, but it’s not the only one in town, so gotta do a little something to it.
I completely understand either you have modding in your blood or you don’t. I completely agree with your logic and congrats on the Type R.

17_FK7_OWP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX HB
Country flag
Been lurking here for several months since buying my 2017 EX HB. I have so far replaced the side markers with a switchback LED set with a smoked lens. Which goes really well with the black and white theme I have going with the car. To go with that, I have added rallyarmor mud flaps and need to install the rain visors with chrome delete here in next few days while we have good weather.

I'm looking to get a ktuner and am still on the fence between TSP and phearable. I also plan to do a HID replacement for the low beams and likely a diode dynamics fog light. I'd also plan to lower the car slightly (SI springs) and add LED rear lights.

Farstrider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Just took delivery of my 2021 Sport Hatch with 6spd manual today. Already got my side markers and LED bulbs swapped out, along with my interior bits and front/rear dash cam system. I’m really excited to actually be able to do some real mods to this one.

You can see the 2.0L 2020 Sport Sedan (also 6spd manual) in the background, which this one is replacing. That one got rear end sideswiped a month or so ago and I decided to just get the 1.5L turbo hatch model as an upgrade and will turn the other one in once it’s repaired.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 6B0FFCC3-566E-4419-8FA2-0BA304EC3515

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 6862F090-B470-413E-AF25-5E608BE43999

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 78DC1394-B660-41E0-83CA-4438A24B04AC

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 14101418-2202-41C9-A189-2CA6A145E7C2

Cenobyte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport (hatchback)
Country flag
Hello all! New to the forum.

Long story short, I didn't choose the civic life, the civic life chose me. I had a 2015 Subaru WRX that got totaled out by flood water unexpectedly. I had to have a vehicle by Monday for work, in a mad dash across most nearby dealerships, I came across this black 2018 Civic Hatchback (Sport). (I was looking for a Mazda 3, but found the Civic to be a better deal). I LOVE the look of these 10th gen civics, and I really liked the interior setup and the way everything felt. I bought it, haven't done anything with it, but now I'm having trouble ignoring The Itch.

The car has impressed me. I'm more of a "muscle car" guy, I like classic rat rods and stuff, but this car is just too good for me to get rid of, honestly. It hauls a lot in the cargo space, 4 door for my family, great mileage, cool looks, handles well. As much as I want to trade it for something less practical, the car is just too good at what I need currently.

I just wish I'd gotten a manual :/

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! Furiosa Civic

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
<> Cenobyte <> Was your WRX a manual?
And how does the Civic compare to the WRX? Would you recommend buying a WRX? (new only)

WRCanuck

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring hatchback, 2020 Pilot EXL
Country flag
Hey all, I finally decided to sign up after lurking on here for a while. My wife and I took delivery of our 2020 Sport Touring hatchback at the beginning of this year to replace our 2013 Honda Fit Sport.

I'm a longtime Honda owner and have owned a number of Civics over the years as well as a Fit and Acura TSX. We are lifelong Honda supporters: my parents' first Honda was a 77 Accord hatchback and we've owned nothing but Honda/Acura products ever since—including a Honda lawnmower and rototiller. Our other current vehicle is a 2020 Pilot EX-L which serves well for our family of 5.

When I owned my 5th gen Civic, I was a member of the Toronto Civics Club in Toronto, Ontario and also joined HADA Autosport and participated in Solo 2 events for a few seasons.

Our new hatchback is a daily driver, so there aren't any major plans at this time. I have swapped the sidemarkers for a set of Depo LED units and we had the windows tinted, but that's all for now. I'm sure more will come as time goes on.

Anyway, hello!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_4944.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 10FC1621-48AD-41F8-9DD2-BB16C668A8B3.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! E07E6DC6-9A3B-490B-90AD-985E022523F8.JPG

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

First post in the forum, picking up a standard 2017 Civic Sport hatchback in the next few days.

My first Honda, but I'm a former driver of 90's JDM cars, I previously had a 200sx with CA18DET, and a Mitsubishi FTO with a DE3A HYXM4. The CA18DET was my favourite (although the FTO handled way better), so super excited to be driving turbo again.

Not sure if I'll mod the car yet, but I haven't stopped watching youtube videos since I made the purchase, so it'll probably happen at some point.

Looking forward to getting the car, and getting involved in the community.