Topher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I just joined this sight yesterday I have a 2017 civic si full bolt ons and e85 next step I’m thinking is the W2 turbo.
Sponsored

ShinobiEX3

First Name
Reny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 776794C8-9EA6-4DE6-AF64-5510B588C357
Hey everyone I’m Ren. And this here is my 2017 civic sport touring hatch. Planning to see what I can and cannot do to my dream car

Airborne1125

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Hey, names Joe, been in the honda community since i was 17, however due to Military, i havent owned or been active. Well, Im out now and dead set on a 2021 R. Nothing else will suffice. Glad to be back in the community. Airborne!

LuDawg94

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX 1.5T (CVT) Sedan
Country flag
Hi everyone, I just got my first Honda car which is a 2020 CIVIC EX model in Lunar Silver. Looking froward to learning more about them and finding ways of making it unique since there's a lot more of them out there. I previously drove a Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 2008 model that I gave as a trade in for the car. One of the mods that I will likely do is add on a strut bar, a front power brace, front cross member and a rear tension bar for better handling.

Oscars

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic sport hatchback, 2014 Ram 2500
Country flag
Hello civic nation, this is my 2nd civic. First was a 2008 civic. Sold that one a few year back. but I'm back a Platinum white 2021 Civic Sports Hatchback. I just order LED bulbs and charcoal side markers. More mods to come.

First Name
Galleon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Honda Civic Type R GT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, I'm Galleon. And I'm from Singapore!

This is my Championship White 2020 FK8 Honda Civic Type R GT, UK-spec imported unit. This is my second Civic and my second Type R after previously owning a Japan imported 2008 FD2 Honda Civic Type R.
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! SM_06751

xtorsion

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fit (Base), 2020 Civic (Touring)
Country flag
First new car in seven years since my 2013 Fit. Plan to delete most of the chrome on this 2020 Touring. Bought it with every option besides floormats and some trunk doodads, even has the "civic" logo on the rear seat protectors. Medical kit too, although the provided doublesided tape will likely not adhere to the carpeted trunk walls. It rides in the "net" for now. Came with 18" Continental tires but had Michelin Pilot S4 switched at Discount Tire yesterday. Has been up to 140mph on the highway so far and I am surprised at how well it can bomb up long hills. IDK why people complain about the 450 watt sound package when the sub literally vibrates the front seats...but have Geeksquad installing a 12" Kicker, amp, controller and remote bass knob on the 24th. Car is very nice and so far, the head unit is very responsive and worked flawlessly as soon as my phone paired.

Thanks for this awesome forum! Gives me plenty of ideas!

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 20210209_173316

Last edited:

Sgian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 0211211708_HDR

Hello everyone,
I'm Matt. I picked up this 2020 Si last week used with less than 5k miles on it. This will be my second Honda. My first was a 1992 CBR600F2 that I bought the day I graduated boot camp (yup, I'm old). I needed a commuter vehicle that wouldn't require me to turn in my man card and that simply cries out to modify. Considering my current daily driver gets 15-17MPG, it was a fairly easy sell to the wife. Her only condition was that I don't drop as much money into the Si "improving" it. The vehicle that it is supplanting is a 2011 Tacoma that I went far, far down the rabbit hole on. If you are bored, here is the build thread on Tacoma World:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/black-blade-build.164752/

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_20130312_091040_862_zpsb91ed6d5

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 0606200953a_HDR_zpsxkb9ypu9

The little crotch goblin that you see as my avatar starts up driver's training next week. He'll be taking the Tacoma MRAP on his five mile journeys to school while I take the quiet riot on my 80 mile round trips to the salt mines.

This will be my first turbo charged vehicle. Thanks to this site I already have an absolute metric shit ton of things that I want to do to her. I already have Acuity, Ktuner, and 27WON bookmarked, Just have to spend less than what was put into the supercharged Taco, hehe.

Last edited:

xtorsion

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fit (Base), 2020 Civic (Touring)
Country flag
0211211708_HDR.jpg

Hello everyone,
I'm Matt. I picked up this 2020 Si last week used with less than 5k miles on it. This will be my second Honda. My first was a 1992 CBR600F2 that I bought the day I graduated boot camp (yup, I'm old). I needed a commuter vehicle that wouldn't require me to turn in my man card and that simply cries out to modify. Considering my current daily driver gets 15-17MPG, it was a fairly easy sell to the wife. Her only condition was that I don't drop as much money into the Si "improving" it. The vehicle that it is supplanting is a 2011 Tacoma that I went far, far down the rabbit hole on. If you are bored, here is the build thread on Tacoma World:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/black-blade-build.164752/

IMG_20130312_091040_862_zpsb91ed6d5.jpg

0606200953a_HDR_zpsxkb9ypu9.jpg

The little crotch goblin that you see as my avatar starts up driver's training next week. He'll be taking the Tacoma MRAP on his five mile journeys to school while I take the quiet riot on my 80 mile round trips to the salt mines.

This will be my first turbo charged vehicle. Thanks to this site I already have an absolute metric shit ton of things that I want to do to her. I already have Acuity, Ktuner, and 27WON bookmarked, Just have to spend less than what was put into the supercharged Taco, hehe.
Would love a builtup truck, but havent found enough reasons to take one to the backroads. Used to drive a Dodge B3500 van and that was awesome. Probably save up for some kind of offroad 4x4 over a truck, or a truck with a really loaded but compact bed camper. Tacomas are nice, I lived in Tacoma, WA for 2 years. Funny how there was never an Si model at the showroom or even on the lot at my dealer. Seems like %80 of people here in Santa Fe drive Subarus, and they drive them slowly. Si looks so good. Did you get a manual? I lover everything about my Touring but the CVT lag is very real and takes some annoying pedal feathering to make it perform better but after it launches...it's almost too fast for city streets.

AndyT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Touring Sedan
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_3790

Hi everyone! I picked up this 2018 Touring about a month ago. This replaced our 2010 Pilot which was still going strong with 175k miles.

I plan on keeping it stock, other than swapping in some OEM LED fog lights to better match the headlamps. This picture was taken right after it got ceramic coated a few weeks ago.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! IMG_4009

BWZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 2003 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hi, everyone! I'm new here but have been looking at the forums for about a week now. I bought my 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX a little over a month ago. It has 16k miles on it.

I bought a 2003 Civic a few years ago (which I'm currently trying to sell) and really enjoyed the way it drove, so I decided another Civic would be my best bet. I took my test drive and bam, fell in love. The hatchback is fantastic for living in the NW where we do a lot of treks into the forest to hike and take the canoe out. I wasn't crazy about the sedan aspect (my previous two cars were both coupes) but honestly there isn't any difference when I'm behind the wheel.

Very surprised to see how kind everyone is on this forum! Yes, people can be snarky from time to time, but that seems very rare on here. You guys support each other and compliment each other left and right and I found that to be very wholesome, so congratulations on building such a fantastic community here.

So I'm in the process of doing some cosmetic things. I'm not a car guy by any means, so I don't think I'll ever need to do anything under the hood.

I have done these things:

- Installed white LEDs in the interior
- Added Trico NeoForm wipers to the front and back
- Purchased WeatherTech mats for the front (getting here Tuesday)
- Ordered black door handle covers (getting here Wednesday)
- Bought a Honda keychain (I like stuff)

I want to do these things:

- Delete the chrome above the doors (have a 2'' x 25' roll, haven't started yet)
- Find an insert for the center console (it's a bit deep)
- Buy a dashcam (need to figure out how to run the wire without it being annoying)
- Make the headlights look cooler somehow (I've seen 'smoke' decals, not sure if they're worth it)

I thought at first maybe someone would judge me for doing these things. I'm not a car guy by any means and this is the first vehicle I've owned that has been under 80k miles, so I'm putting some love into it but don't want to go 'too far'. What I've learned is that people tell me to do what I want to it, which is refreshing. Mostly I just worry about things that would make it unsafe or damage part of it, but I do my research very thoroughly before jumping in to anything.

If anyone has advice, let me know! Sorry for the long post. Very excited to be here with all of you.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! car

Daks

First Name
Daks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello, Civic-loving siblings, I'm Daks. Prepare for an essay because very few people in my life talk car with me let alone talk honda.

Just bought my 2018 Hatchback Sport (Earl Grey) in January and I'm loving her! ~17k miles. Nicest, newest car I've ever owned. For reference, I got a sweet sweet $300 for the beater 187k 2005 civic I traded in. ?
We just got through that crazy winter storm here in TX so I'll hold off on pictures until I can get her into the wash. I don't even have my own running water right now.

I grew up in a honda family. My grandpa worked at a dealership for decades and my dad worked on them a lot. His first new car was a '97 civic, and that was what seeded my own love for them. I grew up in the back of that car. He estimated it made it to 750k (the odo broke around 500k) before he still managed to sell it for around $1500.

I didn't get my own first civic til 2016, the 2005. Learned stick in 20 mins to be able to get it home (I ride motorcycles, too, so I understood the theory of shifting, at least). Oh, the things I learned working on that claptrap! The lady who sold it to me lived by the ocean so it was rusted to hell. Head gasket blew so I had a used engine put in it....that also had a blown head gasket. And that's the story of how I eventually learned how to change a head gasket with my uncle in a driveway. And then I drove it from NJ to TX 2 days later. Since then I've changed belts, the starter, exhaust manifold gasket, and poured more oil into it than it was worth.

So then, fatefully, I told myself that if I couldn't buy a house this year (dang pandemic) then I'd get a new car. So, there were no dark grey, manual trans, hatchback civics in all of TX at the time so I paid a pretty penny to ship her from NV. Worth it, though. I'll have this car a hell of a long time, god willing, so getting *the one* I want was important.

I was sad to lose out on enjoyable mechanic work but I do have my motorcycle which after getting stolen and recovered turned into a project bike and now, extremely importantly: I can justify spending time and money on needless and ridiculous cosmetic mods.
I have a minor background in detailing and I am a painter and airbrush artist by trade, so trim, finishes, paint jobs, etc are what I live for. I don't particularly pay mind to performance mods unless it's something that will extend the longevity of the car in general.

Just today I put in a small woofer, which was a first. After having a janky setup in previous vehicles, I just really, really enjoy nice, new things for my new baby. ?

BWZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just really, really enjoy nice, new things for my new baby. ?
Me too! By the sounds of it, we both have had a similar past with Civics. My 2003 is around 220k miles but runs well. Not to mention you got a 2018 Hatchback with ~17k miles and I got a 2017 with 16k miles, both in grey! We're also doing needless and ridiculous cosmetic mods (I have a whole folder of interior stuff that I'll probably never end up buying) because honestly it's fun and cheap.

Daks

First Name
Daks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Me too! By the sounds of it, we both have had a similar past with Civics. My 2003 is around 220k miles but runs well. Not to mention you got a 2018 Hatchback with ~17k miles and I got a 2017 with 16k miles, both in grey! We're also doing needless and ridiculous cosmetic mods (I have a whole folder of interior stuff that I'll probably never end up buying) because honestly it's fun and cheap.
Omg ~long lost civic brethren~

Yeah I'm going full 2000s underbody glow. Living my young Daks tokyo drift dream. It's come so far since the neon and it's legal in TX so long as it obeys other running light laws.
But also I'm gonna keep it simple/classy? Nothing too wild or garish like a big wing or aggressive body kits. Those are cool but just ain't for me.
But yes, I have an ebay wishlist a mile long. Luckily between my painting and other crafting skills I can make/change a lot of interior bits myself.

• Haha
Reactions: BWZ

BWZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I'm going full 2000s underbody glow. Living my young Daks tokyo drift dream. It's come so far since the neon and it's legal in TX so long as it obeys other running light laws.
But also I'm gonna keep it simple/classy? Nothing too wild or garish like a big wing or aggressive body kits. Those are cool but just ain't for me.
But yes, I have an ebay wishlist a mile long. Luckily between my painting and other crafting skills I can make/change a lot of interior bits myself.
Tokyo Drift! That sounds like a fun project. There's a fine line between classy and 'too much' which is what I'm finding myself. I think what I'm trying to go for is 'low profile but great to look at' I guess. Don't want to seem too midlife crisis-ee. Great to hear you have background in some stuff, you'll be able to utilize those skills for sure. My skills: Google, Amazon, and eBay :D

My girlfriend went to college in Austin and I got to visit Texas for the first time just before the pandemic. You guys do food realllllly well out there, can't wait to visit again.
Sponsored