Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I had to trade in my chevy cruze 2 weeks ago due to a busted fuel pump, saddest day ever (/sarcasm). Used that as down payment and bought a 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX. Got the base model due to being a cheap nursing student. However, I fell immediately in love with this hatch and started to seek out forums like this one, to be around people who share the same interest. I have been lurking for the past couple days and decided to join.

I don't want to get in too-deep in the mod game, however I'm interested on what tips you would give to a noob like me. So far I replaced the stock headlight bulbs with the silverstar zxe headlight bulb (not HID, but advertise that it gives the same quality as HIDs). And tinted my windows, I guess its a soCal thing, since its always hot here. In the next couple weeks I'm planning to:
-Install fog lights
-Vinyl rooftop
-install a front lip splitter

I was also interested in the ktuner mod to make my civic go a little bit faster. Not too familiar with it, but wondering if anyone can share knowledge, and would this be a good option for a CVT civic? Thanks guys1
Welcome. My best advice is to take it slow and read a lot of this forum (when you aren't doing your school stuff. Nursing isn't easy!). A Ktuner is the easiest way to add HP but you need be be cautious and do your research, especially with the CVT. There is an awesome thread in here that you should read in it's entirety. https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-survey-for-all-models.42361/
Enjoy the new wheels!
Sponsored

RNfk7noob

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

TheGenocyber

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 - Racing Blue
Country flag
G'day from Melbourne, Australia... Long time lurker, first time poster...

I have a 2020 Type R in Racing Blue (Boost Blue) due to be delivered in the next few weeks... Hoping to use these forums as a resource for my machine... And to connect with fellow enthusiasts...

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Welcome to the 10th gen family. I’m also coming from two coupes 7th gens that had issues with head gaskets. You made the right choice and this is a great community.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! 39CC9CB4-DB90-4C32-A13C-2D7EC373AC7B

Garpo3000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX Sedan
Country flag
Hey Nerds,

Purchased a CPO 2017 EX Sedan (Aegean Blue) a few weeks ago and have been lurking since. I'm in Chicago. I've been driving a hand-me-down '06 Camry (the family loner) for the last 4 years since my '06 Accord V6 (The Bat Mobile) died in September of 2016 after 190k miles. Loved that car, although I did not take great care of it.

Couldn't be more excited to be back on Team Honda. Pretty much known for YEARS that a Civic would be my next ride and that feeling was re-confirmed the first time saw the tail lights on the 10th gen...

Vroom vroom.

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! Inked20200916_151118 (1)_LI

Honda Civic 10th gen New Here? Introduce Yourself! Inked2020-08-01_LI

mbpbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX-L Hatch
Country flag
Hey Nerds,

Purchased a CPO 2017 EX Sedan (Aegean Blue) a few weeks ago and have been lurking since. I'm in Chicago. I've been driving a hand-me-down '06 Camry (the family loner) for the last 4 years since my '06 Accord V6 (The Bat Mobile) died in September of 2016 after 190k miles. Loved that car, although I did not take great care of it.

Couldn't be more excited to be back on Team Honda. Pretty much known for YEARS that a Civic would be my next ride and that feeling was re-confirmed the first time saw the tail lights on the 10th gen...

Vroom vroom.

Inked20200916_151118 (1)_LI.jpg

Inked2020-08-01_LI.jpg
Nice. Other than the Cubs sticker! j/k White Sox fan here. Guess we will both wait until next year.

winfall

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hi All! Just picked up a 2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Platinum White Pearl. Located in Arizona.

Also have a 2004 Honda Element EX AWD which I plan to keep around for moving big items and adventures out into the desert. Then I have my project car, a 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo which spends more time on jack stands than on the road (thus the Civic).

Avid car enthusiast and I am going to try my best to leave the Si stock haha. Will post some pics in a bit. Thanks for having me!

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
New here, but not to forums...

I'm a life long Honda Guy! Had 14 of them by last count.

My first was when I was 18... I bought a used 1979 Cobalt Blue Civic HB. I think every guy has fond memories of his first car, right? I put an aftermarket Alpine stereo, complete with an EQ and 4 Cricket speakers which were all the rage back in that thing! I loved it!

That car met with an unfortunate demise when a tree jumped right out in front of me! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)) I decided to upgrade to a 1984 Prelude and then a red 86 SE a few years later! I loved that car!

Started dating a girl, who eventually became my wife and then I had to become "responsible"...

Fast forward to the 1992 Accord for a while, whilst we got until the wife got preggers a few times, and had to upgrade to a minivan with kid # 3. Had 4 of them in all, (1998, 2000, 2002, 2004), and then graduated to a Ridgeline in 2008. (To pull the camper for weekend excursions and family trips) Drove that for 4 years until I took a job with a new company in a different city, but didn't want to uproot my entire family, so I needed a gas hound, and got me a 2012 Civic.

Bought the wife a used 2010 in the mean time, which we eventually passed along to our eldest son, and drove the crap out of the 2012 for 5 years when I passed it down to my daughter, when I got the 2017 Civic Sport HB CVT!

Bought a 2018 EX Sedan for the wife and just a few months ago traded the 2017 for a new 2020 Civic Sport HB CVT Turbo, which is my current vehicle.

(We finally got rid of the 2012 BTW, when my daughter was given my father's Accord, the 2012 Civic had 475,000 kms on it and I sold it for $2500 to some guy who needed a beater!)

Anyway... I've been doing a few things to my 2020... (window Tints, interior/ exterior trims, window vents, pinstripes etc.), maybe I'll post some pics when I get some time... ?

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the forum.

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Hi All! Just picked up a 2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan in Platinum White Pearl. Located in Arizona.

Also have a 2004 Honda Element EX AWD which I plan to keep around for moving big items and adventures out into the desert. Then I have my project car, a 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo which spends more time on jack stands than on the road (thus the Civic).

Avid car enthusiast and I am going to try my best to leave the Si stock haha. Will post some pics in a bit. Thanks for having me!
Welcome Alex!

MR2s are fun projects!

If you ever get the itch with your 2020 civic si feel free to reach out and see what we have to offer with our phearable stage 1.5 tune and ktuner units!

Enjoy the forum!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
New here, but not to forums...

I'm a life long Honda Guy! Had 14 of them by last count.

My first was when I was 18... I bought a used 1979 Cobalt Blue Civic HB. I think every guy has fond memories of his first car, right? I put an aftermarket Alpine stereo, complete with an EQ and 4 Cricket speakers which were all the rage back in that thing! I loved it!

That car met with an unfortunate demise when a tree jumped right out in front of me! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)) I decided to upgrade to a 1984 Prelude and then a red 86 SE a few years later! I loved that car!

Started dating a girl, who eventually became my wife and then I had to become "responsible"...

Fast forward to the 1992 Accord for a while, whilst we got until the wife got preggers a few times, and had to upgrade to a minivan with kid # 3. Had 4 of them in all, (1998, 2000, 2002, 2004), and then graduated to a Ridgeline in 2008. (To pull the camper for weekend excursions and family trips) Drove that for 4 years until I took a job with a new company in a different city, but didn't want to uproot my entire family, so I needed a gas hound, and got me a 2012 Civic.

Bought the wife a used 2010 in the mean time, which we eventually passed along to our eldest son, and drove the crap out of the 2012 for 5 years when I passed it down to my daughter, when I got the 2017 Civic Sport HB CVT!

Bought a 2018 EX Sedan for the wife and just a few months ago traded the 2017 for a new 2020 Civic Sport HB CVT Turbo, which is my current vehicle.

(We finally got rid of the 2012 BTW, when my daughter was given my father's Accord, the 2012 Civic had 475,000 kms on it and I sold it for $2500 to some guy who needed a beater!)

Anyway... I've been doing a few things to my 2020... (window Tints, interior/ exterior trims, window vents, pinstripes etc.), maybe I'll post some pics when I get some time... ?

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the forum.
Hey Pete,

Congrats on the 2020 civic sport hb cvt. They are fun cars!
Welcome to the forum!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
Sup Guys,
Name is Cris. Just picked up a 2020 white sport sedan. Excited to see what I can do to not void my warranty.
Hey Cris,

Welcome to the forum!
We all start out by saying we won't modify our new car and that lasts about a month :)

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
G'day from Melbourne, Australia... Long time lurker, first time poster...

I have a 2020 Type R in Racing Blue (Boost Blue) due to be delivered in the next few weeks... Hoping to use these forums as a resource for my machine... And to connect with fellow enthusiasts...
Congrats Dave!
The 2020 is awesome!
Enjoy the forum sir!

Rnice

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe (Black)
Country flag
40 year old w/ three kids here.
Before I could drive my dad found a red CRX for my older sister. I thought it was a cool car, and when she could not get the hang of the manual, my dad had to make a quick swap and start driving the CRX. He loved it.
In fact the next car he bought was a Civic manual coupe. He had fun with that. So much so that when I was out of college years later - a free man with income - I bought a new Civic coupe manual - 8th gen I think (after crashing a perfectly good high mileage accord in the snow - shame on my head!).
Then I got married and had kids and stuff and the child seats in a coupe are kind of ridiculous so I changed to a Subaru Legacy and had near instant regret. CVTs are awful. Anything not a WRX is sponge slow in Subarus these days. But it was practical.
Thing is though, my wife loves her minivans. She never drives my car. And any time the 5 of us pack it in at once, of course we get in the van. So we just got her a new Odyssey after driving up the mileage on a well-loved used Sienna (those are amazing machines and I will be eternally grateful for the Toyota engineers who built that thing - my minivan worked harder than the average F150). And then it struck me - I'm 40, I don't have time to mess around.
Back to the dealer. I actually wanted a Hyundai Veloster, but those are actually impossible to find. Then I saw my baby on true car, the last black Coupe Si in a two hour driving radius. I was looking for a hatchback because I'm an avid bicyclist, but once I read up on the Si handling, and how much I missed a car that is legit fun to spurt around, I went full coupe again because I thought it was so much better looking than the sedan (no 'fence). Maybe the most impractical purchase of my life ever - trading a perfectly good sedan to get back into a 2wd coupe a month before winter. No regrets. I smile every time I'm in my oversized go-kart.
The Civic Si is the perfect balance. If it was more powerful hacks like me would crash it or be afraid to ever let our kids in the driver seat. If it was more expensive it'd feel like a shame to rack the miles up. If it were more gaudy it would look like a rolling mid-life crisis.
As it is my kids think I'm a little cooler, my wife admits its at least a little bit sexy, and now I volunteer for kid activity drop off duty just for the stress relief of spurting around.
I grabbed the last of the 10th gen coupe because Si is gone for a year, the coupe is probably gone forever, and I honestly didn't like the 11th gen spy shots as the body lines look kind of boring and toyota-ish to my eyes so no desire to wait and then wait again for 1st year teething problems.
I should get to work now..... hello everyone!!

phearable

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Tuner
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.phearable.net
Vehicle(s)
Tuner
Country flag
40 year old w/ three kids here.
Before I could drive my dad found a red CRX for my older sister. I thought it was a cool car, and when she could not get the hang of the manual, my dad had to make a quick swap and start driving the CRX. He loved it.
In fact the next car he bought was a Civic manual coupe. He had fun with that. So much so that when I was out of college years later - a free man with income - I bought a new Civic coupe manual - 8th gen I think (after crashing a perfectly good high mileage accord in the snow - shame on my head!).
Then I got married and had kids and stuff and the child seats in a coupe are kind of ridiculous so I changed to a Subaru Legacy and had near instant regret. CVTs are awful. Anything not a WRX is sponge slow in Subarus these days. But it was practical.
Thing is though, my wife loves her minivans. She never drives my car. And any time the 5 of us pack it in at once, of course we get in the van. So we just got her a new Odyssey after driving up the mileage on a well-loved used Sienna (those are amazing machines and I will be eternally grateful for the Toyota engineers who built that thing - my minivan worked harder than the average F150). And then it struck me - I'm 40, I don't have time to mess around.
Back to the dealer. I actually wanted a Hyundai Veloster, but those are actually impossible to find. Then I saw my baby on true car, the last black Coupe Si in a two hour driving radius. I was looking for a hatchback because I'm an avid bicyclist, but once I read up on the Si handling, and how much I missed a car that is legit fun to spurt around, I went full coupe again because I thought it was so much better looking than the sedan (no 'fence). Maybe the most impractical purchase of my life ever - trading a perfectly good sedan to get back into a 2wd coupe a month before winter. No regrets. I smile every time I'm in my oversized go-kart.
The Civic Si is the perfect balance. If it was more powerful hacks like me would crash it or be afraid to ever let our kids in the driver seat. If it was more expensive it'd feel like a shame to rack the miles up. If it were more gaudy it would look like a rolling mid-life crisis.
As it is my kids think I'm a little cooler, my wife admits its at least a little bit sexy, and now I volunteer for kid activity drop off duty just for the stress relief of spurting around.
I grabbed the last of the 10th gen coupe because Si is gone for a year, the coupe is probably gone forever, and I honestly didn't like the 11th gen spy shots as the body lines look kind of boring and toyota-ish to my eyes so no desire to wait and then wait again for 1st year teething problems.
I should get to work now..... hello everyone!!
Welcome to the forum Ryan!

Congrats on the purchase of your civic si!
What type of riding do you do? Mountain biking, road or gravel?
What part of PA are you in?
Sponsored