GRE3N

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Country flag
Hello all you car lovers. I'm Mike brand new to the Honda scene but not new to the car modfing scene. I'm no expert in cars but very artistic (graphic artist) with deep technical knowledge by trade. Every car I ever owned I ripped into pieces and tried to make it unique. Enough of the rambling let me show what I been up to so far...

Last April I picked up a civic sedan '18 with 11k miles, car is mint and very clean. The second day of ownership I ripped out the entire center console and part of the dash, just to see how easy it was to work with, and I'll be damned, it wasnt too bad at all. Some new cars Theres a billion pieces and I see Honda came a long, long way to make things easier to work on, in there cars. Kudos to Honda for that. Eventually making my way under the car, shields plastics vedy easy to rip things off. Only gripe is the 900 plastic plugs lol, but that's expected. I have some missing at this point but all critical pieces still intact haha.

Getting to the point mods:
Engine
Prl cobra cold air intake still on street oem maf
Sitting in box: mishimoto silver intercooler
Sitting in box mishimoto intercooler charge pipes (red)
On its way: maperformance race front pipe back full race exhaust with the 4 burnt tips
On its way: ktuner (haven't decided on phearable tune or tsp one+, which do you like and why?)

Cosmetics:
Tinted the fog glass Yellow with bright Yellow leds inside
Dipped the stock wheels a copper like color
Side full sequential markers
Front ikon I believe is the name, beefy plastic front lip, bolted on, lol it won't ever sag (abs plastic)
Side skirts (abs plastic)
Rear diffuser (more plastic!)
Rear and side louvers (you guessed it plastic)
On its way: abs dynamics GT II style hood, yep plastic too but it'll do its job and give the look, still slightly lighter then stock hood
Front red Honda badge
Back red Honda badge, I vinlyed the background Matt black to make it pop.
Archaic full led, sequential, red demon eye headlights, these impressed me, I was very weary in getting after market headlights, I wanted something really bright, good viewing angle and something that changed the look of the front end. These nailed it I'm very happy with them. Pictures of these below do not do justice.
Rear caruse full duckbill spoiler, this thing is awesome, if your thinking of getting one just get it
Smoked dragon scale led sequential tail lights, not sure abut these but there cool for now
Vinlyed out the gas cover
Weather tech rain guards all around and top sunroof shield
Red "short" design acuity shift knob

Near future, what's to come:
Red rims / tires
Lowering the car
Front and rear tsp holed side vent mods (painting the inside cover red leaving frame black)
Acuity short Shifter assembly (not 100 percent on this yet, my fear is if someone else drives the car and doesn't realize how exteemly short the throws are, they can do some serious damage might just stick with Shifter bushings centering spring etc etc)
And whatever else I purchase in the middle of the night and then wake up and have an "ah sht" moment...... :) haha

Here is some pictures, I'll have to go out with my good camera and take better ones soon

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story Screenshot_20220321-010339_Instagram

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story Screenshot_20220321-010307_Instagram

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story Screenshot_20220321-010256_Instagram

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story Screenshot_20220321-010228_Instagram

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story IMG_20220102_173104_384

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story IMG_20220102_173104_417

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story 20220319_194311
Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story signal-2022-03-19-19-55-55-892

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story 20220319_192838

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story signal-2022-03-19-19-30-56-515

I'll have better full pics when I get the hood, exhaust and Intercooler installed.

Thanks for reading and nice meeting you all! I'm half asleep putting this together, don't mind any typos

--------

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story 20220319_192838

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story 20220319_195138

Last edited:
OP
OP
GRE3N

GRE3N

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Country flag
76 views not one person is running a tspone plus or phearable tune? Any input is greatly appreciated. ?

jack.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Phearable is generally considered to be a smoother tune than TSP. I am running TSP stage 1 and it was a little rough below 2500 rpm before I got my catless downpipe.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
I have phearble 1.5 and I really like it. If you ordered the K Tuner from phearable.net the tune is free.

OP
OP
GRE3N

GRE3N

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Country flag
Phearable is generally considered to be a smoother tune than TSP. I am running TSP stage 1 and it was a little rough below 2500 rpm before I got my catless downpipe.
Thanks for the input, I prefer a smoother ride. Leaning towards phearable so far.

OP
OP
GRE3N

GRE3N

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Country flag
I have phearble 1.5 and I really like it. If you ordered the K Tuner from phearable.net the tune is free.
I ordered mine off Amazon, I noticed that after the fact, ouch. But still leaning towards the phearable. Good for daily driving?

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
TSP1+ was a lot smoother than the regular tsp stage 1 and I certainly had no complaints with it. Either way you go both are good tunes.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
First, nice car. I like some of then aesthetic mods, particularly that rear window louvre action. It's got that 80s mustang throw back feel. I'm not a huge fan of the copper colored rims, but that's very much a personal choice. The rest of the car really comes together nicely. It's one button push away from standing up and saying "Autobots roll out!" lol

Second, you went to a lot of effort to mask your plate number in all of your pictures except for one. It's not a huge deal and there isn't much people can do with your NJ plate information. However, if it makes you uncomfortable, you might wanna go back and fix it.

Finally, I have the Phearable 1.5T street tune. I'm quite thrilled with it. I can get 36+ MPG if I'm patient, but can get downright nasty when I want to romp on it. My KTuner v2 gives me great information while driving and looks rather nice. If you start playing with tunes on an Si, plan on getting a new clutch soon. The stock doesn't hold much more than the factory tune and will quickly start slipping. I have the FK8 retrofit on order from RV6 with the Exedy Stage 1 kit. Exciting. RV6 now offers a complete retrofit kit on their website with everything you need to drop a Type R clutch in your Si.

OP
OP
GRE3N

GRE3N

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Country flag
First, nice car. I like some of then aesthetic mods, particularly that rear window louvre action. It's got that 80s mustang throw back feel. I'm not a huge fan of the copper colored rims, but that's very much a personal choice. The rest of the car really comes together nicely. It's one button push away from standing up and saying "Autobots roll out!" lol

Second, you went to a lot of effort to mask your plate number in all of your pictures except for one. It's not a huge deal and there isn't much people can do with your NJ plate information. However, if it makes you uncomfortable, you might wanna go back and fix it.

Finally, I have the Phearable 1.5T street tune. I'm quite thrilled with it. I can get 36+ MPG if I'm patient, but can get downright nasty when I want to romp on it. My KTuner v2 gives me great information while driving and looks rather nice. If you start playing with tunes on an Si, plan on getting a new clutch soon. The stock doesn't hold much more than the factory tune and will quickly start slipping. I have the FK8 retrofit on order from RV6 with the Exedy Stage 1 kit. Exciting. RV6 now offers a complete retrofit kit on their website with everything you need to drop a Type R clutch in your Si.
Thanks for the input!! I decided to go with the Phearable non race tune, it think it's great start.

OP
OP
GRE3N

GRE3N

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Country flag
Update new hood, painted the strip to blend. Into the grill., gave it a quick wipe down. Needs a bath and need to get the tape residue off the hood. What do you think?

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story 20220326_074515

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story 20220326_074450

Honda Civic 10th gen New here, '18 red si sedan, pics, here's my story 20220326_074501

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
I ordered mine off Amazon, I noticed that after the fact, ouch. But still leaning towards the phearable. Good for daily driving?
Yes phearable is very smooth, all my readings are great and the gas mileage is the same. Only difference is when I romp it in second gear my tires nope right out lol
Sponsored