New Here! ... 16 civic in near future. :)

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
Hello,
I have been checking out this forum off and on for a few weeks. I really love to see the passion people have for their cars here. I have found that Honda owners are much more passionate about their cars than other brands. .... I had a 2005 Honda Accord v6 exl a while back and loved that car. and enjoyed being on the accord forum. Unfortunately that car's transmission went out and the $2400 dollar repair bill left a bad taste in my mouth. lol .... so sold the accord a few years ago and moved on.

Ended up Leasing a new 2013 Fusion to avoid any repair bills. LOL.. have loved the car, but my lease is up in 8 months and I'm ready for my next car. That car will be the 2016 EX-T Honda Civic. I have test drove it twice and am in love with it. Even almost finalized a deal to trade in my fusion for the civic, but was going to lose a bunch of money, so thought better of it and decided to be more patient. LOL

4 months ago I got back into Honda by buying a new 2015 CRV EX for my girlfriend. We have loved the car and has restored my faith in Honda. ... But I LOVE the styling and refinement of the new Civic. I am familiar with the 4cyl turbo engines because my Fusion has a 1.6L turbo ingine that I have been driving for the past 3 years. after reading some of the posts on here from people talking about the power and driving experience of the turbo on the new civic, I can say that this type of engine takes some getting used to. It takes a bit to understand where the powerband of the turbo is. But once you do , you can really use it to your advantage to have the extra power when needed. ... when I test drove the civic I noticed it also. though the CVT definitely brings some differences into the equation. some good and some bad, but I do think it will help keep the fuel economy better.

anyway, I will keep rambling. but glad I found your forum. and I plan on sticking around for a while.

cheers!

Ryan
Sponsored

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Welcome Ryan! Definitely a ton of passion here for the CivicX. Which models did you test drive and how'd they compare to your Fusion?

Good luck on your future purchase.

CB22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between cars
Welcome to the site! The '13 Fusion is a nice car, I like what Ford did with the redesign although Mustang owners are bitching all over the place about the shared front end. The new Civic tho, gotta say that is one of the best redesigned vehicle of any make in the last 5-10 yrs. It helps the 9th gen looked like an appliance (IMO) :)

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
In 8 months the coupe should be in dealerships. Are you looking to get a coupe or sedan? The Fusion is a pretty large car, even the Civvic sedan would feel good deal smaller in comparison.

OP
OP
civicryan

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome Ryan! Definitely a ton of passion here for the CivicX. Which models did you test drive and how'd they compare to your Fusion?

Good luck on your future purchase.
Thanks!

Great question. So i have driven the Fusion for 3 years and have drivin the new civic twice for only a couple miles each time. The first time I drove a EX-T, the second time (when i took my GF to test the car) they didn't have an EX-T, so we drove the EX-L. So the 1.5L turbo but with leather and a few extras like Honda cruze assist , etc. ... So both time were the same engine. As far as the differences between my fusions 1.6L turbo (6 speed auto) vs civic's 1.5L turbo (CVT), i was very empressed with the pickup from the civic. Since the civic is about 550 pounds lighter and only about 10 horsepower less, i felt the civic had better pickup for intown zipping around. the turbo seemed to kick in quickly and evenly. Getting onto the highway was also equily nice as the fusion, but where i noticed a difference in power is when already at highway speeds and trying to punch it a little to get around people (at speeds from 65-75). I definitely felt that my fusion has more power and torque at those highway speeds. I am thinking this is mainly due to the CVT trying to keep the fuel economy high. But keep in mind this is after a very small test sample. I need the dealership to let me have the civic for a week to test it. LOL ..... but I felt the civic had a great feel inside while driving. I felt like things were very refined and smooth. ... one complaint i have about my fusion is that it feels underpowered when i am not getting into the turbo. So if i want to try to be more fuel effeicent and stay out of the turbo, i notice a lack of power. ofcourse as soon as i press the gas and feel the turbo spool i have plenty of power for any situation... but i don't think i get the advertized fuel economy. my car is rated at 37 mpg highway. but i think i probably get closer to 33 mpg on avg. (never truely tested it though) ... i think the civic probably had a more realistic fuel efeicency. ... anway , just my take. i look forward to picking up the new civic in the coming months.

Welcome to the site! The '13 Fusion is a nice car, I like what Ford did with the redesign although Mustang owners are bitching all over the place about the shared front end. The new Civic tho, gotta say that is one of the best redesigned vehicle of any make in the last 5-10 yrs. It helps the 9th gen looked like an appliance (IMO) :)
thanks. and yeah, i have really enjoyed my fusion. i really have no complaints at all. it drives great, looks great, gets good mpg, and hasnt had any issues at all. ... and the mustang guys can be upset if they want. lol ... they should be glad they share the front end. the fusion is positioned like the sedan version in some ways. ..... and as far as the appliance civic of years past. i think your right on that one. it looks SOOOO bland now. i am seeing quite a few of them on craigslist now, i think many of the old civic owners are trying to make the move to the new version. :)

In 8 months the coupe should be in dealerships. Are you looking to get a coupe or sedan? The Fusion is a pretty large car, even the Civvic sedan would feel good deal smaller in comparison.
I am looking for the Sedan, i have a 4 year old boy, so much easier to get him in and out with a 4 door. but i definitely am a coupe fan though. one day ..

now as far as the timing, yeah i'm hoping that there are more on the lots by then and some better incentives on pricing. ... and one big thing for me is, i have been very interesting in a hatchback, i'm hoping hatchbacks start showing up by then. i know that those will be made in europe and might be much different, so i am curious to see how they turn out. .. but i am actually very happy with the trunk configeration in the new civic sedan. easy to get things in and out; and the seats fold down nicely. my fusion's trunk is good size , but has a very narrow entry. this does create a problem sometimes. but the civic is much better in that area.

OP
OP
civicryan

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Fusion is a pretty large car, even the Civvic sedan would feel good deal smaller in comparison.
This is an interesting topic. ... The funny thing is I didn't feel like the civic was much smaller at all. on my 2nd test drive i brought my son and GF. booster car seat in back and all.. and the back seat seemed to have about the same amount of room. this civic feels close to the same size as my fusion. especially interior wise. ... it is a little smaller where it does feel a little more zippy while driving. but i think if my fusion was side by side with a 16 civic, you wouldnt notice a big difference and would think they are in the same (midsize) class. ... The civic felt noticably bigger inside than my 2005 ex-l honda accord.

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
This is an interesting topic. ... The funny thing is I didn't feel like the civic was much smaller at all. on my 2nd test drive i brought my son and GF. booster car seat in back and all.. and the back seat seemed to have about the same amount of room. this civic feels close to the same size as my fusion. especially interior wise. ... it is a little smaller where it does feel a little more zippy while driving. but i think if my fusion was side by side with a 16 civic, you wouldnt notice a big difference and would think they are in the same (midsize) class. ... The civic felt noticably bigger inside than my 2005 ex-l honda accord.
That's the magic that Honda engineers applied to the 2016 CivicX :) The interior is class leading while the exterior isn't overly bloated and looks nice and sporty still.

You might be shocked to hear your Fusion is almost 10 inches longer! It's 191.7 inches vs Civic's 182.3 in.

OP
OP
civicryan

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the magic that Honda engineers applied to the 2016 CivicX :) The interior is class leading while the exterior isn't overly bloated and looks nice and sporty still.

You might be shocked to hear your Fusion is almost 10 inches longer! It's 191.7 inches vs Civic's 182.3 in.
I am a little surprised for sure. .. But unside it doesn't feel much smaller. ... And I think if you put both cars side by side, it wouldn't seem that dramatically different in overall size.

CB22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between cars
Thanks!

Great question. So i have driven the Fusion for 3 years and have drivin the new civic twice for only a couple miles each time. The first time I drove a EX-T, the second time (when i took my GF to test the car) they didn't have an EX-T, so we drove the EX-L. So the 1.5L turbo but with leather and a few extras like Honda cruze assist , etc. ... So both time were the same engine. As far as the differences between my fusions 1.6L turbo (6 speed auto) vs civic's 1.5L turbo (CVT), i was very empressed with the pickup from the civic. Since the civic is about 550 pounds lighter and only about 10 horsepower less, i felt the civic had better pickup for intown zipping around. the turbo seemed to kick in quickly and evenly. Getting onto the highway was also equily nice as the fusion, but where i noticed a difference in power is when already at highway speeds and trying to punch it a little to get around people (at speeds from 65-75). I definitely felt that my fusion has more power and torque at those highway speeds. I am thinking this is mainly due to the CVT trying to keep the fuel economy high. But keep in mind this is after a very small test sample. I need the dealership to let me have the civic for a week to test it. LOL ..... but I felt the civic had a great feel inside while driving. I felt like things were very refined and smooth. ... one complaint i have about my fusion is that it feels underpowered when i am not getting into the turbo. So if i want to try to be more fuel effeicent and stay out of the turbo, i notice a lack of power. ofcourse as soon as i press the gas and feel the turbo spool i have plenty of power for any situation... but i don't think i get the advertized fuel economy. my car is rated at 37 mpg highway. but i think i probably get closer to 33 mpg on avg. (never truely tested it though) ... i think the civic probably had a more realistic fuel efeicency. ... anway , just my take. i look forward to picking up the new civic in the coming months.

thanks. and yeah, i have really enjoyed my fusion. i really have no complaints at all. it drives great, looks great, gets good mpg, and hasnt had any issues at all. ... and the mustang guys can be upset if they want. lol ... they should be glad they share the front end. the fusion is positioned like the sedan version in some ways. ..... and as far as the appliance civic of years past. i think your right on that one. it looks SOOOO bland now. i am seeing quite a few of them on craigslist now, i think many of the old civic owners are trying to make the move to the new version. :)
It does look great but you know muscle car crowd can be a little insecure LOL.

As far as advertised fuel economy I dont think any car I've driven has ever hit the rated MPG, but maybe I have a lead foot. You know that Ford admitted to inflating MPG figures last year for their hybrids (including the Fusion) and Ford Fiesta.

"The company said a testing error had caused it to overstate fuel economy levels for those cars by as much as five miles per gallon on some models."

http://www.latimes.com/business/aut...es-mpg-on-hybrids-fiestas-20140612-story.html

Any way, the new Civic should put the Fusion's fuel economy to shame even if you don't see 41 mpg and it looks better too ;)

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Ford sells a ton of Fusions. Next to the F150's it is probably their most profitable car. Luckily for them the new Civic isn't encroaching on its space even if it grew a few inches. The Focus/Fiesta on the other hand...

OP
OP
civicryan

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does look great but you know muscle car crowd can be a little insecure LOL.

As far as advertised fuel economy I dont think any car I've driven has ever hit the rated MPG, but maybe I have a lead foot. You know that Ford admitted to inflating MPG figures last year for their hybrids (including the Fusion) and Ford Fiesta.

"The company said a testing error had caused it to overstate fuel economy levels for those cars by as much as five miles per gallon on some models."

http://www.latimes.com/business/aut...es-mpg-on-hybrids-fiestas-20140612-story.html

Any way, the new Civic should put the Fusion's fuel economy to shame even if you don't see 41 mpg and it looks better too ;)
LOL... muscle car crowd can be a little insecure. love it.

thanks alot for the link. i didn't know about that. but that makes sense. i need to see if i can get a couple hundred bucks out of that f up.

Ford sells a ton of Fusions. Next to the F150's it is probably their most profitable car. Luckily for them the new Civic isn't encroaching on its space even if it grew a few inches. The Focus/Fiesta on the other hand...
thanks emina. yes ford has put up some impressive numbers. and rightfully so, i know many people that love thier pickups. and i have truly enjoyed my Fusion. ... I am just ready to get back to a complete honda family :).. and i am really imressed with the changes honda has made to the civic. ... and while i am sitting inside the civic, it doesn't feel much smaller than my fusion. that is suprising , considering the length difference you mention. ... cheers.
Sponsored