New Footage-3421 Type R Caught Driving

Cedric44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si coupe 2012
Country flag
If you want to buy the Type R and don't care what it looks like that's good go for it. However it's just ignorance and just dumb RICEr mentality when people claim that all that ridiculous aero is for downward force. Especially when its close competitors like the Golf has no need for such things.
Maybe you should look at the new aero packagae that vw will bring to "compete" with the type r. Looks like vwagon need some rice?
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
If you want to buy the Type R and don't care what it looks like that's good go for it. However it's just ignorance and just dumb RICEr mentality when people claim that all that ridiculous aero is for downward force. Especially when its close competitors like the Golf has no need for such things.
To assume zero contribution from the Aero is also very ignorant. You also keep forgetting the Type R's "closest" competitors are still far behind, and the Type R has less power.
So nah, why would the Aero have anything to do with the Type R being quicker...good analysis bro! Again, you're only thinking from one side.

Finally, you still haven't provide an adequate answer on why the other vehicle listed above with big wings are not RICErs...we are all ears, or eye on our screen. The forum is all yours now!

HondaSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
I was wondering why ipinsao was being such a cry baby about the wing. Considering that a large wing has been in place by most R branded vehicles since the nineties. Also he claimed "I drove a Type R when I was in Japan". Now I see he is just upset about the FK8 clowning VW around the ring. He is a VW sympathizer. Honda also did it without lying about their vehicles performance and emmissions. I now doubt the info VW provided for the clubsport was accurate. Wouldn't be the first time they lied, or the second.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I was wondering why ipinsao was being such a cry baby about the wing. Considering that a large wing has been in place by most R branded vehicles since the nineties. Also he claimed "I drove a Type R when I was in Japan". Now I see he is just upset about the FK8 clowning VW around the ring. He is a VW sympathizer. Honda also did it without lying about their vehicles performance and emmissions. I now doubt the info VW provided for the clubsport was accurate. Wouldn't be the first time they lied, or the second.
........ or the third

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here you go ipinsao, a little light reading for you, if you care to learn something instead of defending your indefensible position:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/6-fascinating-technical-facts-about-the-new-honda-civic-type-r/

"The aerodynamic package on the Type R goes far beyond what you’d usually find on a hot hatchback." Ahem, looking at you Ford & VW.

"Stick your head under the car, and you’ll see a flat underbody. This aids airflow to the rear diffuser, and effectively sucks the car to the road. While we’re on the subject of the rear, there is of course the big wing on the boot lid which you can’t miss. This provides downforce to keep rear grip levels high (yep, contrary to popular belief, a rear wing is still of use on a front-wheel drive car)"

'All this results in the Type R being the only car in its class which actually generates negative lift. And after driving it around the tricky Slovakiaring while trying to retain bowel control during the car’s international launch, I can tell you it feels very stable in high-speed corners."

Another RicerR just publishing lies.

You also pretty much showed your hand when you added the wing/spoiler to your coupe. According to you it has zero aerodynamic use, so it was obviously added just for looks. Isn't THAT pretty much the definition of a "RicerR"? Adding cosmetic additions that just make your car LOOK faster. The CTR has a wing that actually makes it faster at high speeds. Sounds like somebody is butt hurt.

Last edited:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Here you go ipinsao, a little light reading for you, if you care to learn something instead of defending your indefensible position:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/6-fascinating-technical-facts-about-the-new-honda-civic-type-r/

"The aerodynamic package on the Type R goes far beyond what you’d usually find on a hot hatchback." Ahem, looking at you Ford & VW.

"Stick your head under the car, and you’ll see a flat underbody. This aids airflow to the rear diffuser, and effectively sucks the car to the road. While we’re on the subject of the rear, there is of course the big wing on the boot lid which you can’t miss. This provides downforce to keep rear grip levels high (yep, contrary to popular belief, a rear wing is still of use on a front-wheel drive car)"

'All this results in the Type R being the only car in its class which actually generates negative lift. And after driving it around the tricky Slovakiaring while trying to retain bowel control during the car’s international launch, I can tell you it feels very stable in high-speed corners."

Another RicerR just publishing lies.

You also pretty much showed your hand when you added the wing/spoiler to your coupe. According to you it has zero aerodynamic use, so it was obviously added just for looks. Isn't THAT pretty much the definition of a "RicerR"? Adding cosmetic additions that just make your car LOOK faster. The CTR has a wing that actually makes it faster at high speeds. Sounds like somebody is butt hurt.

<insert blind/emotional/uninformed response from ipinsao referring to RiceR's intended to evoke emotional response>
You know what, some people just have eagles so big that they can't find it in them to say, "you guys are correct, and I stand corrected".
It's ok to be wrong sometimes...just own up to it, and we'll all move on!! :coffee:

EDIT: sorry this was intended for ipinsao

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good point UFO. I know that I've been wrong about a lot of stuff on this forum and someone has always called me out on it. Shoot, I typed the wrong letter for my avatar name (it should be J35Y2) - stoopid. My first reaction is to grab my pearls and gasp "Well I've NEVER!!" (I'm from the south) and call them a turd, but it does take a lot of gumption to be able to admit when you are wrong and that you don't know everything (can you tell that I live with 13 & 11 year old school house lawyers?.) I'm 42 and still learning how very little I know everyday.
The day that we think we know everything and stop learning is the day our minds start to close.
Only wise men know what they don't know.
Cliche' 3 - Confucius
Cliche' 4 - Sun Tzu
Cliche' 5 - Tony Robbins
<falls off soap box>

One of the reasons that I like this forum is that I learn a bunch of stuff, if I can keep my mouth closed long enough. That and people on this site scoop every single auto enthusiast publication out there. Woot.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Good point UFO. I know that I've been wrong about a lot of stuff on this forum and someone has always called me out on it. Shoot, I typed the wrong letter for my avatar name (it should be J35Y2) - stoopid. My first reaction is to grab my pearls and gasp "Well I've NEVER!!" (I'm from the south) and call them a turd, but it does take a lot of gumption to be able to admit when you are wrong and that you don't know everything (can you tell that I live with 13 & 11 year old school house lawyers?.) I'm 42 and still learning how very little I know everyday.
The day that we think we know everything and stop learning is the day our minds start to close.
Only wise men know what they don't know.
Cliche' 3.
Cliche' 4.
Cliche' 5.
<falls off soap box>

One of the reasons that I like this forum is that I learn a bunch of stuff, if I can keep my mouth closed long enough. That and people on this site scoop every single auto enthusiast publication out there. Woot.
Agreed,
I like to think there are more adults on the forum than immature individuals...
I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but I will vigorously defend my position if I feel I am correct.:headbang:

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
i think the guy just ignores proof and replies to posts he can somewhat argue against.. which he only has one point.. that the VW can go fast without the aero package...
either way... the VW is BORRRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

There is a reason they do basic wind tunnel tests... and there is reason why some high end sports cars have a wing that comes out when they reach certain speeds..

and your post about passing STis and others in the rain? i call bull shit... when i had my STi and WRX i could still handle like a champ in the rain...don't even mention Snow...
and u go be happy in your mini van.. why are you even on here in the first place?

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Ricer
i think the guy just ignores proof and replies to posts he can somewhat argue against.. which he only has one point.. that the VW can go fast without the aero package...
either way... the VW is BORRRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

There is a reason they do basic wind tunnel tests... and there is reason why some high end sports cars have a wing that comes out when they reach certain speeds..

and your post about passing STis and others in the rain? i call bull shit... when i had my STi and WRX i could still handle like a champ in the rain...don't even mention Snow...
and u go be happy in your mini van.. why are you even on here in the first place?
I think he's trying to get everyone to cancel their order so he can be the first to have one.