First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Say no to junk2
Yeah I'm not about that life, but if someone else wants it that's their choice. I'm still torn between HKS, 27Won, and AWE for my car. Wish I could run an entire JDM set up, but that also comes with it's own limitations.

OP
OP
Typer27

Typer27

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just got a message back from Skunk2 about the weight of their system. This is what was said

“The 63lbs is a rough estimate, we currently do not have the actual weight to provide you.”

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got a message back from Skunk2 about the weight of their system. This is what was said

“The 63lbs is a rough estimate, we currently do not have the actual weight to provide you.”
So it's more likely 83lbs lol.

I doubt it weighs more than milltek. That freaking milltek muffler weighed a ton.

OP
OP
Typer27

Typer27

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
So it's more likely 83lbs lol.

I doubt it weighs more than milltek. That freaking milltek muffler weighed a ton.
Exactly what I said when I read that email ?. This thing could be even heavier than advertised.

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si sedan
Country flag
Exactly what I said when I read that email ?. This thing could be even heavier than advertised.
So I bought one of these for my 2020 si sedan, and I just received my fed-ex delivery notice. And the package weight is 46.6lbs. So safe to say they over estimated the exhaust weight.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
So I bought one of these for my 2020 si sedan, and I just received my fed-ex delivery notice. And the package weight is 46.6lbs. So safe to say they over estimated the exhaust weight.
Most manufactures would rather go that direction anyways. Estimate it to be worse and the customer will be happier when they find out it actually is better. Though I have to say, it does make them look worse on paper. I'm sure by the time they're ready for production and sale, they'll have an accurate number down.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Man, I must be old if I don’t understand why Skunk2 has such a bad rap? I’d have no problem running an exhaust system from them. Curious to hear the true sound of this setup. I refuse to pay $1500 plus for metal. The only exhaust that sounds half decent for my tastes is Fujitsubo.l and Apexi.
Now I will say this, I’d never use skunk2 engine components, but I never had issues running their exhausts, cam gears, intake manifolds, or even suspension components back in my integra and ef,ek civic builds.

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
Man, I must be old if I don’t understand why Skunk2 has such a bad rap? I’d have no problem running an exhaust system from them. Curious to hear the true sound of this setup. I refuse to pay $1500 plus for metal. The only exhaust that sounds half decent for my tastes is Fujitsubo.l and Apexi.
Now I will say this, I’d never use skunk2 engine components, but I never had issues running their exhausts, cam gears, intake manifolds, or even suspension components back in my integra and ef,ek civic builds.
I think that the company just isn't the same as it used to be, same with many others from the golden years.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I think that the company just isn't the same as it used to be, same with many others from the golden years.
Agreed. I definitely do not think as highly of HKS, Greddy, or Apexi as I used to alongside Skunk2. But this is an exhaust we are talking about, not a damn turbo or upgraded lsd they are bringing to market. If it sounds good and is sub $800, I am definitely interested.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I ran a Skunk2 Alpha header on my RSX, their header made the most power of any off the shelf race header. Only some of the custom and really spendy headers could claim better. Don't see why people view them so negatively. I have an HKS Legamax that while I do like it a lot, I would never have paid the full price for it, actually traded my DDR straight across for it.

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag