HustedDrums

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Hmm. Interesting I was going to take a look at this since I need an exhaust. I was considering either J's Custom Racing Exhaust or the Touring/Track Edition AWE

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I noticed the weight when I read it the first time, but I had to double check the stock weight and damn. My Tomei Type D is a hair under 30lbs. About 8-9lbs lighter than stock.

OP
OP
Typer27

Typer27

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I wonder if thats with a front pipe or downpipe?
This was the response I got when I emailed them directly.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Group-A-Engineering. The Cat-Back exhaust system for the '18-'20 Civic Type-R comes with a 3-inch universal flange that fits the stock downpipe."

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
The Tomei dual-exit is actually quite light for what it is.
Yes, it is. I was holding it up before having it installed and I’m very happy with it. It’s sad to see not many people are running it, but it just makes my car that much more special. Well, that’s what I like to say to myself lol

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yes, it is. I was holding it up before having it installed and I’m very happy with it. It’s sad to see not many people are running it, but it just makes my car that much more special. Well, that’s what I like to say to myself lol
I’m actually surprised not as many people are running it either. For what it is, it seems like a very good exhaust, especially from a performance and price perspective. It’s not quiet or drone-free from what I’ve read though. But if you want loud and fun...

I know a lot of people hate the fact that Tomei USA isn’t Tomei Japan, so they think the quality has tanked ?‍♂

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Perhaps they've taken some inspiration from their lovely weighted shifter knob? :p

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m actually surprised not as many people are running it either. For what it is, it seems like a very good exhaust, especially from a performance and price perspective. It’s not quiet or drone-free from what I’ve read though. But if you want loud and fun...

I know a lot of people hate the fact that Tomei USA isn’t Tomei Japan, so they think the quality has tanked ?‍♂
I know! It’s very good quality. (So far.) but I’m standing by it. I think the price is fair. I got a bit of a deal during Black Friday. Yes, the drone can be a bit much, but you should always do your research and I did mine. Coming from a skunk2 background/sport bikes, I was prepared.

I agree. I feel like it’s still an overall good exhaust. What exhaust are you running ?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I know! It’s very good quality. (So far.) but I’m standing by it. I think the price is fair. I got a bit of a deal during Black Friday. Yes, the drone can be a bit much, but you should always do your research and I did mine. Coming from a skunk2 background/sport bikes, I was prepared.

I agree. I feel like it’s still an overall good exhaust. What exhaust are you running ?
That’s good to hear that it’s held up well. The price seems fair enough as well. I’m currently running a Borla exhaust system in the Touring setup. I’m in the opposite side of things where I was looking for something on the tamer side of things and trying to avoid drone. I can tolerate a little (annoying) drone, but I also have passengers that would rather not; and to be honest, I would rather not have too. My car buddies tease me about that :p

Phil_k24

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fk8
Country flag
Looks awesome ! I should’ve waited before purchasing my HKS ?

LopsidedQTip

First Name
Quincy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Si FC1 (SOLD), 19' CTR - 32157
Country flag
Is the Tomei full Ti or only partly?