New England Region SCCA Autocross

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
NER has just announced their 2018 schedule for autocross at Fort Devens in Ayer, MA. I plan to be at most if not all of the events in my Si in their G-Street class. If anyone is new to the sport and needs help with classing, what to bring etc, I'd be happy to help. Registration is done through motorsportreg.com although the events are not up there yet.

4/7 – SCCA Starting Line School
4/8 – NER Points Event 1
4/29 – NER Points Event 2
5/12 – NER Points Event 3
5/27 – NER Points Event 4
6/17 – NER Points Event 5
7/1 – NER Points Event 6
7/14 & 15 – Evolution Performance Driving School
7/22 – NER Points Event 7
8/19 – NER Points Event 8
9/23 – NER Points Event 9
10/7 – NER Stirling Moss Championship
10/28 – NER Team Challenge

Hope to see you out there.
Sponsored

fk8jon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I Just signed up for the SCCA starting line school. This is my first SCCA event ever any recommendations for things to bring/not bring or things to get the car ready for the event? I'm driving my 18 civic type r.

OP
OP
5inn

5inn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Type R
Country flag
I Just signed up for the SCCA starting line school. This is my first SCCA event ever any recommendations for things to bring/not bring or things to get the car ready for the event? I'm driving my 18 civic type r.
Hope this means you'll be at the first event the next day! The starting line school is supposed to be great. Definitely some high quality instructors there.

Things to bring.
Dress warm and in layers. It'll be cold to start the day but will get warmer. Don't forget comfortable shoes.
Lots of water.
Sunscreen. Even if it's cloudy you'll be outside all day.
Tire pressure pump and gauge is a good idea if you have one. You'll probably want to add some air to your tires to help prevent rollover onto the sidewalls.
If it's going to rain, a bin or tarp to keep your stuff dry while you're driving.
Non-expired driver's license.
A GoPro, if you have one. Record your driving, and also instructor feedback.
If you are at the first event on Sunday, painters tape for numbers is a good idea. Goes on easy and doesn't damage paint. Some people also use this to protect the car from cone scuffs (which will buff out pretty easily).

If you're there on Sunday, come find me! I'll be in the red Si sedan #10.
Sponsored