First Name
Sri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2013
Country flag
Hello,

I have a 2013 Honda Civic with 80K miles on it. For the last few weeks, the dashboard and the cup holders next to the driver's seat would buzz as if music is playing and the bass is turned on to the max upon start in the morning. The buzz would come and go when I was riding the car.. The ride was sorta bumpy as if the shocks/struts needed replacement. Took it to shop on Wednesday. They said the engine mount (passenger side) is broken and replaced it. When I picked up the car on Thursday and started the car in the shop, the car buzzed even louder and when I pressed the gas, its as if I need to apply extra force to overcome the buzz. Once the speed is more than 40, the buzz goes away and comes back up when the car is at standstill. Been using the shop for 11 years.

I went to the shop yesterday and had a drive with the mechanic with put the mount. He said the make of the mount was Honda and that he has put the mount slightly higher (supposedly the proper position according to him) and expects the vibrations to go away in 3-4 days as the engine moves to adjust. If not, he will have to move one of the other four mounts. They do mounts for Honda all the time and this is typical in the first week or so. The vibrations are less today, although very much there when you idle start or when you accelerate 0-40.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with a new engine mount?

Thank you
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wait what? there's multiple locations and bolting postions for a motor mount?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey bro just FYI this is for 10th gen civics so 2016-2020, 9th gen forum is located over here https://www.9thgencivic.com/

however in regards to your post, my best guess is your mounts might need to break in and soften up a little but I've never experienced replacing them yet so I can't really say

OP
OP

jetski76

First Name
Sri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2013
Country flag
Got it. Sorry, for the wrong forum. Thank you for the answer!

OP
OP

jetski76

First Name
Sri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2013
Country flag
wait what? there's multiple locations and bolting postions for a motor mount?
Engine mount. I was told by the mechanic that there are multiple mounts for the engine. Is this correct? I have no knowledge of any of this. Just asking. The mount replaced was the one on the passenger side
Sponsored

Last edited: