Votes: 9 1.8%

• Total voters

sokrispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
23! Graduated back in December. Was hired on March 13th, put a deposit down on March 14th.
Sponsored

LoganP

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R #2338 (SOLD) - 2020 Honda Civic Type-R #XXXX (In Production)
Country flag
I am one of the older ones at 56? Folks at 20-25 years of age making enough money to get a CTR astounds me....

19....ok, tell the truth. did you take your parent's hard-earned college money and blow it on a car? Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that :)
Proud to say that I've done it all on my own. I get the "daddy's money" line all the time, just makes it feel even better.

That's awesome! Hope you're loving it as much as the rest of us.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
24; very good credit and lots of savings money meant I was able to take the plunge without putting myself in any serious risk. My savings account has largely recovered (from a 12K down payment) in the time I bought it.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Honestly everyone is saying they are surprised anyone under 25-30 can afford the Type R to me just is crazy and funny... I mean I own one so I feel like I can say this without offended the community, but the Type R is a Honda and a Civic. Yes it is a "limited/special edition", but it is a car that if bought at MSRP is a 35K car. Hell any decently optioned new car will be around 28-32K these days so I mean the Type R is just 3K more than a car I am sure nobody would be batting an eye at if these same people drove them... Now with that said what gets me is when I see people under 30 driving NEW 100K Tesla Model X's or really any NEW Tesla for that matter or a NEW Corvette or NEW anything over 45K really. I scratch my head as I am 30 and am like how do these people 30 and under afford to drop 45K+ on a car, have a house, afford normal everyday bills, and then to think most have kids as well.

For perspective I am 30, married, and no kids.

mmcglasson

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru BRZ
Just curious to see the demographics of new CTR owners (if you don't mind sharing). Found out (through a friend) that another CTR owner in my state is the same age as me (born 1980). I wonder if most of us were teenagers during the import craze during the mid/late 90's-early 2000s and couldn't afford a ITR, GSR, Si, or any new car but now fortunately able to.

I personally don't care that my wife thinks that I'm having a mini mid-life crisis (although deep down I think she wanted it too!). I just really like to enjoy driving, if that makes sense.

I bought my CTR when I was 30 and one moth later I turned 31. I cast my voted at my current age.

randmtsk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Type R || 2015 DGM STi - Sold || 2000 Silverstone s2000 - Sold
Country flag
34. 2nd new car I've ever bought...really wanted to give Honda my $$$ and encourage them to keep building fun cars and not just family haulers.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Honestly everyone is saying they are surprised anyone under 25-30 can afford the Type R to me just is crazy and funny... I mean I own one so I feel like I can say this without offended the community, but the Type R is a Honda and a Civic. Yes it is a "limited/special edition", but it is a car that if bought at MSRP is a 35K car. Hell any decently optioned new car will be around 28-32K these days so I mean the Type R is just 3K more than a car I am sure nobody would be batting an eye at if these same people drove them... Now with that said what gets me is when I see people under 30 driving NEW 100K Tesla Model X's or really any NEW Tesla for that matter or a NEW Corvette or NEW anything over 45K really. I scratch my head as I am 30 and am like how do these people 30 and under afford to drop 45K+ on a car, have a house, afford normal everyday bills, and then to think most have kids as well.

For perspective I am 30, married, and no kids.
lol true, one theory is that they could be Instagram influencers, YouTube creators/vloggers. That's the rage these days. I should get into it haha

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Proud to say that I've done it all on my own. I get the "daddy's money" line all the time, just makes it feel even better.
It's nobody's business how it was paid for anyway.

I find all these people who disdainfully throw around the "daddy's money" line are fueled by jealousy and envy. They'd be lying if they said they'd decline a free car. I'd love a free car! LOL Unfortunately my family wouldn't be able to afford it, but I certainly don't hold it against those that can. We all strive for riches, yet many people turn their nose up at those that achieve it and share it with their family. Time for those people to get over themselves!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Sure, saving for retirement is important but your earnings need to be well balanced with living for today too - tomorrow is not guaranteed!
Very good point!
Living well, saving some for retirement, but I'll probably die with some debt.

charlesrays1

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Blue Aegean Blue
Country flag
Type R new owner. 62 almost 63. Feels awkward especially when someone under 30 sees me get in and out of the car but I sure enjoy the hell out of it every time I drive it. It's a blast! (don't know if young people still use that phrase anymore). No regrets, best buy of my life. Thank You Honda! Two weeks old now, washed it twice. Debating if Ceramic Coat, clear bra is worth it. They are asking $2700 in Bay Area tint store. BTW, my Blue Aegean 2019 was $44K out the door, California, tax, license etc. Dealer started at 47K list price, talked them down to 3K over MSRP. $37,200.00 No add-ons were on the car, but there were Type R front and back floor mats. I got them to throw in locking lug nuts and type R tray in the back. Still thrilled to have it. They gave me the old "Don't tell no one else they gave it to me at this price" I think if I would have shopped around more, I could have beat the price. It was in the Bay Area. We called other dealers and they all wanted 5K above MSRP. One dealership said 2K over the phone but they did not have any in stock.

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Type R new owner. 62 almost 63. Feels awkward especially when someone under 30 sees me get in and out of the car but I sure enjoy the hell out of it every time I drive it. It's a blast! (don't know if young people still use that phrase anymore). No regrets, best buy of my life. Thank You Honda! Two weeks old now, washed it twice. Debating if Ceramic Coat, clear bra is worth it. They are asking $2700 in Bay Area tint store. BTW, my Blue Aegean 2019 was $44K out the door, California, tax, license etc. Dealer started at 47K list price, talked them down to 3K over MSRP. $37,200.00 No add-ons were on the car, but there were Type R front and back floor mats. I got them to throw in locking lug nuts and type R tray in the back. Still thrilled to have it. They gave me the old "Don't tell no one else they gave it to me at this price" I think if I would have shopped around more, I could have beat the price. It was in the Bay Area. We called other dealers and they all wanted 5K above MSRP. One dealership said 2K over the phone but they did not have any in stock.
I’m 64 and I don’t care what anyone thinks I just have fun driving it.

gearhead

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Checking in at 46. And to those 61+, I autocross with guys older than you .

This is my 5th Honda Civic, my 2nd brand new car and my first Type R.
IMG_20170701_113227_747.jpg

First, LOVE this! ^^

I'm in the 51 - 55 group... life goes by too quick to drive boring cars. While many may agree the looks are polarizing - love it or hate it, for me, the CTRs performance outweighs everything else. I've been a BMWCCA member for 30 years and have owned a dozen BMWs. I sold my B58 powered 340i for my CTR... the BMW looked great and had TONS of power, but the CTR is so MUCH MORE FUN! And that's what it's all about, yes?!

Honda Civic 10th gen New CTR Owners, what's your age? 340i_2

Honda Civic 10th gen New CTR Owners, what's your age? CTR_29 AUG 2020_Delivery Hamilton Honda NJ.1

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
I'm 58. I bought mine about a month ago. Black or CBP to some.. I had only ever seen 1 of these cars up close at the local Honda dealer, they said the guy had waited a year to get it. Of course I couldn't even sit in it. Our youngest son works for American Honda and had the chance to have one of the early cars for a weekend a couple of years ago... he went on and on about how I should get one. So here we are in 2020, and I was itching for something new to drive. I started watching some of the youtube reviews and got intrigued. Then I started shopping for one... and they are hard to come by unless you want to pay a large markup, or as the local dealer here doesn't charge a markup, but the wait is a year long. Used ones get snatched up as soon as they go on the market. (I wasnt going to buy used, but noticing how quickly they sold, told me something was up with these cars) The hunt was on! My son hooked me up with one of his dealers who sold it to me for $1K UNDER MSRP. I had it shipped across the country to me. Sight unseen, no test drive.
I have to admit, I was a little nervous about getting a car like this, but the first time I went through the gears ... I was hooked.
The big wing made me a little self conscious at first, but you can't see it from the drivers seat... and hell... now I LIKE it!
Now, I'm not concerned with what others my age might think, this damn thing rips!

gxl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 25, saved up for it after driving the Si for a few years. Traded in for it a month and a half ago. Bought it used but it has a carbon wrapped roof, 5k miles, and most of the front end ppf'd. Still find it hard to believe it because two months ago I was arguing against the practicality of the mpg and tires wearing out quick compared to the Si. Now I'm just in love with this thing. Love driving it all over the place.

Setanta

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 CRX, 99 Integra Type R, MY19 FK8
Country flag
52 years old but I've always driven modified cars - the bulk of which are Hondas right back to the first generation of Civics and an imported EF9 SiR. Throw in old TA22 Celicas, Mistubishi Scorpions, an EH Holden and a 70's SLR Torana and none of my friends are surprised that I went for the Civic. It sits with my noisy CRX and Honda Integra Type R. My students appreciate the cars.
Sponsored